Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Italian Press Hails Monaco Master Hamilton

I'm not sure you were watching F1 at the time, but there was a period after Michael's leg break that Eddie Irvine stood to land Ferrari their 1st WDC since the great Jody and there was speculation that Michael would be asked to 'assist' irvine in his battle against Mika. I cant remember the race, but Michael was significantly faster than the field and never expressley lent his support for Eddie instead offering his support to the 'team' - Michael has always been selfish and as Murray states above would gain a lot of satisfaction if massa were to beat Kimi, the driver that was meant to be his heir apparent and was in fact lauded as the faster driver.

Kimi shows very little respect to anyone out there. The comments about having a sh!t, while funny, show a lack of respect and will be paid back, with interest, at somepoint in the future. Human beings are vengeful, none more so than Michael.

Anyone in the F1 paddock will tell you how much respect Kimi has for his team, it's obvious and a fact. That counts for more than anything in my book

Anyone in the F1 paddock will tell you how much respect Kimi has for his team, it's obvious and a fact. That counts for more than anything in my book

I thought comments like 'taking a sh!t' just shows he has a sense of humour??

As much as I'd like to wind you up, I can't, as I agree with you. I can't remember anything Kimi has done or said that shows lack of respect to his team, or other drivers for that matter. And I don't class not wanting to go to some hoohaa presentation ceremony as lack of respect for the actual driver. :lol:

I thought comments like 'taking a sh!t' just shows he has a sense of humour??

As much as I'd like to wind you up, I can't, as I agree with you. I can't remember anything Kimi has done or said that shows lack of respect to his team, or other drivers for that matter. And I don't class not wanting to go to some hoohaa presentation ceremony as lack of respect for the actual driver. :lol:

we have progressed, we are on the same page for once :lol: .. lovely stuff!

we have progressed, we are on the same page for once :lol: .. lovely stuff!

We're always on the same page with Kimi. It's just Schumi we differ on! :lol:

I don't really want to get into an arguement about this as I'm not particularly interested if I'm honest. It just seems odd to me that a lot of these noises are coming from within the Ferrari camp and I always try to read between the lines when forming an opinion.

We'll have to wait and see what develops

;)

I don't really want to get into an arguement about this as I'm not particularly interested if I'm honest. It just seems odd to me that a lot of these noises are coming from within the Ferrari camp and I always try to read between the lines when forming an opinion.

We'll have to wait and see what develops

;)

sure sure fed-up

I'm not sure you were watching F1 at the time, but there was a period after Michael's leg break that Eddie Irvine stood to land Ferrari their 1st WDC since the great Jody and there was speculation that Michael would be asked to 'assist' irvine in his battle against Mika. I cant remember the race, but Michael was significantly faster than the field and never expressley lent his support for Eddie instead offering his support to the 'team' - Michael has always been selfish and as Murray states above would gain a lot of satisfaction if massa were to beat Kimi, the driver that was meant to be his heir apparent and was in fact lauded as the faster driver.

Kimi shows very little respect to anyone out there. The comments about having a sh!t, while funny, show a lack of respect and will be paid back, with interest, at somepoint in the future. Human beings are vengeful, none more so than Michael.

You have an astonishingly selective memory (perhaps explains how you managed to morph into a Lewis/Mclaren fanboy from being a Ferrari fan, virtually overnight). Michael let Irvine through in Sepang. Twice. Go read up.

From another forum

;)

An alleged quote from an alleged news report from a dubious source about what someone allegedly said? Seriously, will people believe anything as long as they read it on the internet/ wikipedia?

You have an astonishingly selective memory (perhaps explains how you managed to morph into a Lewis/Mclaren fanboy from being a Ferrari fan, virtually overnight). Michael let Irvine through in Sepang. Twice. Go read up.

I don't want to get into an argument with you over this because I don't really care

- I don't need to read up on the season as I watched it and was at Silverstone when Michael had his accident

- At the time the big issue was who would give Ferrari there 1st WDC after Jody and I'm pretty certain that Michael would preferred it to have been himslef rather than Eddie - It was just a commonly held thought at the time.

- I don't support teams, I follow the drivers - Williams when Mansell was there, Arrows with Damon Hill, BAR with Button, ferrari with Michael and now Mclaren with Lewis

- Your confrontational style doesn't phase me as I don't particularly take you seriously unless you have your reasonable head on and make good points. Most of the other time you're just a rambling fool, but it doesn't affect me so I get on with my life.

Use your ignore button if I affect you that much, but please don't try and intimidate me because you cant!

-_-

What is going on?

Massa can beat Kimi, Kimi can beat Massa, therefore sometimes Massa will beat Kimi, and other times Kimi will beat Massa. Many factors determine who will beat who, and the strength of each driver will change throughout the season. All this is regardless of anything Michael Schumacher does as he's actually retired :lol:

I mean what kind of help can Schumi really give Massa? 'OK Felipe I think it would be a good idea if you won this race, so you might want to brake and accelerate in all the right places, oh and don't park it at Rascasse'.

I'm hungry.

What is going on?

Massa can beat Kimi, Kimi can beat Massa, therefore sometimes Massa will beat Kimi, and other times Kimi will beat Massa. Many factors determine who will beat who, and the strength of each driver will change throughout the season. All this is regardless of anything Michael Schumacher does as he's actually retired :lol:

I mean what kind of help can Schumi really give Massa? 'OK Felipe I think it would be a good idea if you won this race, so you might want to brake and accelerate in all the right places, oh and don't park it at Rascasse'.

I'm hungry.

two racing minds combined, don't take it lightly Rainmaster, it's powerful...

Massa has seemed to found something, that was my initial feeling, a way to warm those tyres up quicker on a one lapper.... I bet it come from Schumie testing the car...

two racing minds combined, don't take it lightly Rainmaster, it's powerful...

Massa has seemed to found something, that was my initial feeling, a way to warm those tyres up quicker on a one lapper.... I bet it come from Schumie testing the car...

Bah maybe it came from Schumie but I'll take some convincing on that :D

I just don't think those Bridgestones will ever suit Kimi as much as the Michellins did (in qualifying especially). To me all that's happened is Massa has continued to improve, and Kimi hasn't shown his greatest form yet.

When push comes to shove, and it usually does, Kimi will beat Massa.

EDIT: I've eaten since that last post, feel much better. Just thought you should all know that.

let a another team pass their driver's without giving them a fight

That didn't happen. Hamilton was much lighter, yet he didn't overtake Massa until lap 23. After the first pit-stop he came even lighter, and then there was nothing Massa could have done. But I know Raikkonen fans think that the right thing for him to do was to block Hamilton and put them both out of the race. <_<

You better pray those points Massa gave Hamilton so easily don't come back to haunt him himself!

Massa didn't give points to Hamilton. He won the race. Like Fed Up stated, he can't possibly know who is the biggest threat to him.

Kimi fans need to get over the fact that Massa is also a good driver.

I get the impression that a lot of Kimis fans would rather come up with a load of crappy conspiracy theories, rather than just accept that he had an indifferant race, and lost his position fair and square.

Firstly, I find it incredibly difficult to believe that a consumate professional like Michael Schumacher would give any of Ferraris drivers advice that would be a detriment to the team, not to mention the fact that Michael wouldnt have exactly been able to turn to Massa and say Hey I think lewis will try and pass you, if he does let him past. You simply cannot plan any GP with that level of foresight, and I once again reiterate my opinion that there is no chance in hell Michael would want to harm Ferrari.

Secondly, the notion that Massa let lewis past deliberately is simply rediculous, all that Massa can see is the tarmac in front of him, he isnt some amazing genie character, and therefore it is highly unlikely that whilst concentrating on his own race effort that he would be able to compute what Kimi and Lewis where also doing. No driver, whilst in the c#ckpit of their car can have that much foresight, and they will not know what the other cars are doing, therefore incinuating that Massa let Lewis past, knowing he would beat Raikkonen, despite not knowing where either man was on the track, or what lap times they where doing is franky rediculous.

Massa was informed by the team that Lewis was likely to be three stopping. He didnt fight to hard because he knew that Lewis was no real threat to his win. Lewis sent a chancey one up the inside of him, and rather than risk taking himself and Lewis out of the race, he didnt fight it too hard. Soft, maybe but drivers in Formula 1 go into self presevation mode when in the c#ckpit of their cars, and the self presevation instinct of Massa told him not to fight lewis too hard. Could he have defended harder? maybe. Is it a consipracy? not a chance in hell.

Maybe it is time that Raikkonens supporters just accepted the simple fact that he had an average day, and was beaten fair and square. Accept it, and get on with watching the rest of the season like we all are.

I'm not a Kimi supporter - I think he's a lazy sod - but I like the conspiracy theory.

I'm not a Kimi supporter - I think he's a lazy sod - but I like the conspiracy theory.

I just find all the post season revisionism annoying. He won the world title on a fluky last race, and suddenly, he is the 'deserving' champion and everyone else isn't. Championships are often decided on random factors out of the hands of drivers, they aren't always won convincingly. Winning a championship because Mclaren screwed themselves is hardly something he should get credit for. People have a mental weighing scale due to their short term memories, the most recent event counts for the most :S

However Cav, you are forgetting the fact that he took 6 wins, and was one of the few title contenders to keep completely keep out of the spygate drama. As the saying goes, all you gotta do is keep your head when those around you are losing theirs. I accept Kimi may have been lucky in the last race, but as I said when defending Alonso, no driver can win an entire championship by luck, they have to step up to the plate and take it. McLaren screwed up, and Kimi punished them, therefore he deserved to win the title.

I just find all the post season revisionism annoying. He won the world title on a fluky last race, and suddenly, he is the 'deserving' champion and everyone else isn't. Championships are often decided on random factors out of the hands of drivers, they aren't always won convincingly. Winning a championship because Mclaren screwed themselves is hardly something he should get credit for. People have a mental weighing scale due to their short term memories, the most recent event counts for the most :S

Maybe he is not the deserving champion but he is a deserving champion.

Excellent, in the words of Brad 'lovely stuff..lovely stuff' :)

I get the impression that a lot of Kimis fans would rather come up with a load of crappy conspiracy theories, rather than just accept that he had an indifferant race, and lost his position fair and square.

Firstly, I find it incredibly difficult to believe that a consumate professional like Michael Schumacher would give any of Ferraris drivers advice that would be a detriment to the team, not to mention the fact that Michael wouldnt have exactly been able to turn to Massa and say Hey I think lewis will try and pass you, if he does let him past. You simply cannot plan any GP with that level of foresight, and I once again reiterate my opinion that there is no chance in hell Michael would want to harm Ferrari.

Secondly, the notion that Massa let lewis past deliberately is simply rediculous, all that Massa can see is the tarmac in front of him, he isnt some amazing genie character, and therefore it is highly unlikely that whilst concentrating on his own race effort that he would be able to compute what Kimi and Lewis where also doing. No driver, whilst in the c#ckpit of their car can have that much foresight, and they will not know what the other cars are doing, therefore incinuating that Massa let Lewis past, knowing he would beat Raikkonen, despite not knowing where either man was on the track, or what lap times they where doing is franky rediculous.

Massa was informed by the team that Lewis was likely to be three stopping. He didnt fight to hard because he knew that Lewis was no real threat to his win. Lewis sent a chancey one up the inside of him, and rather than risk taking himself and Lewis out of the race, he didnt fight it too hard. Soft, maybe but drivers in Formula 1 go into self presevation mode when in the c#ckpit of their cars, and the self presevation instinct of Massa told him not to fight lewis too hard. Could he have defended harder? maybe. Is it a consipracy? not a chance in hell.

Maybe it is time that Raikkonens supporters just accepted the simple fact that he had an average day, and was beaten fair and square. Accept it, and get on with watching the rest of the season like we all are.

Agreed. We live in a conspiracy obsessed era. (By the way, i bet you are Michael Scumacher in disguise, doing the rounds on F1 websites to try and dispel the conspiracy myth, hmmm?)

I'm not especially a supporter, he is a lazy sod and i think the theory sucks.

That was not Alehop! I am sure, It was someother Kimi fan using HIS id! :P

That was not Alehop! I am sure, It was someother Kimi fan using HIS id! :P

It was lovely stuff from AleHop...

Who is AleHop?

Oh, I remember now Kimi paid me for that I have the contract here. :contract:

I am the Professional Kimi Fan, :dam:

if Brad doesn't mind. :whistling:

It was lovely stuff from AleHop...

Who is AleHop?

Oh, I remember now Kimi paid me for that I have the contract here. :contract:

I am the Professional Kimi Fan, :dam:

if Brad doesn't mind. :whistling:

So you are not Shane's _ _ _ _ _ anymore? :P

So you are not Shane's _ _ _ _ _ anymore? :P

No, but I miss Shane. He left soon after I joined the forum but I miss him. :byebye:

BTW, I never was Shane's p_ss_! :angry:

:lol: