Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Mosley Survives Vote........will Stay On

Max is crap at his job, the technical reforms he has made over the past couple of years have messed the sport up seriously. Personally I hope he does the right thing and retires on his own terms (soon) because it is clear that his staying on will cause a massive split in the motorsport world. Pretty much all of the votes against him where developed countries like Germany, the UK, the US ETC. Despite the uninformed opinion cav has, if the FIA lose the backing of the worlds MAJOR member states (I am talking about the important ones) then the ramifications are indeed very serious, as it is pretty clear that with the support max currently has if a breakaway where to occur, he could potentially be left with just 4 teams (maybe 3 if Williams where to follow the wishes of Toyota). Who would honestly watch F1 if the only teams left on the grid where Ferrari, Red Bull, and Toro Rosso.

Max knows the members of the motorsport world that really actually count are on the whole against him, as is Bernie apparently and he is fighting forces he cannot possibly defeat. I think the time has come for him to go otherwise the motorsport community and F1 in particular could be split with pretty bad results, just another scandal that threatens to destroy another season of excellent racing.

Could it be argued that Max could feel hard done by? maybe, but the fact remains that he has lost the confidence of most of the worlds most important motorsport federations, and regardless of the nuances of his offence he has to go. If he destroys the world of motorsport by stubbornly digging his heels in the blowback will be enormous.

Max, please do the right thing and step down before you destroy F1

ADAC is not motorsport, it is mobility ("roadside assistance") club as is AAA. So it is hardly motorsport. British motorsport body issued statement saying "let's move on". Why is German road side assistance club of any relevance.

Nobody is going to found new sporting organization because F1 and WRC are brands, owned by FIA. Establishing new brand, or new racing series just because you do not like president is too expensive even for MAJOR member states or the car manufacturers who would at the end have to fund it. BMW already said "let's move on"... Anyone with IQ larger than shoe size is going to do the same, because hanging on this story is taking focus of the racing and marketing efforts of F1 team sponsors...

If I was any major team sponsor, I would demand that team and its domestic automobile federation stop beating dead horse and drawing attention away from my huge logo on their racing car.

BTW I do know why Germany is major member state regarding F1. Only Toyota is based in Germany and I would call them "influential player" in the F1 world... :)

Max is crap at his job, the technical reforms he has made over the past couple of years have messed the sport up seriously. Personally I hope he does the right thing and retires on his own terms (soon) because it is clear that his staying on will cause a massive split in the motorsport world. Pretty much all of the votes against him where developed countries like Germany, the UK, the US ETC. Despite the uninformed opinion cav has, if the FIA lose the backing of the worlds MAJOR member states (I am talking about the important ones) then the ramifications are indeed very serious, as it is pretty clear that with the support max currently has if a breakaway where to occur, he could potentially be left with just 4 teams (maybe 3 if Williams where to follow the wishes of Toyota). Who would honestly watch F1 if the only teams left on the grid where Ferrari, Red Bull, and Toro Rosso.

Max knows the members of the motorsport world that really actually count are on the whole against him, as is Bernie apparently and he is fighting forces he cannot possibly defeat. I think the time has come for him to go otherwise the motorsport community and F1 in particular could be split with pretty bad results, just another scandal that threatens to destroy another season of excellent racing.

Could it be argued that Max could feel hard done by? maybe, but the fact remains that he has lost the confidence of most of the worlds most important motorsport federations, and regardless of the nuances of his offence he has to go. If he destroys the world of motorsport by stubbornly digging his heels in the blowback will be enormous.

Max, please do the right thing and step down before you destroy F1.

I don't know how many times this needs to be said before others finally get the gist of what most have been saying.

Well said

Can you be a little more specific?

Look into the aerodynamic changes he made at the start of 2005. Thats when the drivers stated that it first started to become excessively difficult to follow each other. Then there are the engine freezes, the stupid safety car rules, the 2 race per engine rule...

A breakaway series? Just because the president of the FIA was caught shagging whores? Are you serious?

Well most of the major car manufacturers seem to have it in for him, so its a possibility.

Ill stop talking about it if you do.

Wow, you should be a comedian.

Our world has become drama obsessed.

Maybe, but that doesnt have much relevance, public opinion is what it is

You do know he won today, right?

You do know that most of the supporting votes came from developing countries, and almost 80% of the votes against where from the major countries which account for about 80% of all world car production right?

In numerical terms, max is a winner in general terms he is a loser. Plus he has Bernie against him, and very few people have ever won a war with bernie ecclestone.

I don't know how many times this needs to be said before others finally get the gist of what most have been saying.

Well said

People will always spit if you force feed them offal.

TW I do know why Germany is major member state regarding F1. Only Toyota is based in Germany and I would call them influential player in the F1 world...

Firstly, it is not just F1 it is a vast umbrella that covers almost all of the motorsport world, and secondly Germany is one of the worlds largest car manufacturers. Also, if ADAC had a vote they must be more important than they state, however I do know that Mercedes, BMW, and the German Motorsport federation have already expressed their disdain over mosely.

Also, call me crazy but is it not odd that pretty much everyone who has expressed support for Max in this thread has some kind of support ties to either Ferrari, or one of their drivers past and present.

The vote does indeed prove Max to be a clever politician. I wish he'd been clever enough to keep it in his pants or at least not get caught though. Maybe in an ideal world there would be no problem with this, but we're a long way off that. If people in F1 have a problem working with Mosley then how can he do his job properly? The argument is really that simple. If Max cares about the sport and is the intelligent man he appears to be, then surely he would resign. He is just saving face at the expense of F1, it shouldn't be called a vote of confidence, more like a vote of fear.

Mosley's time is well and truly done, the media will drag this out damaging F1 at a time when it's already on it's knees (perhaps not the best choice of words there).

Well most of the major car manufacturers seem to have it in for him, so its a possibility.

In numerical terms, max is a winner in general terms he is a loser. Plus he has Bernie against him, and very few people have ever won a war with bernie ecclestone.

Do you remember the GPWC? It was an attempt by he car manufacturers to create their own series. They never managed to agree on anyhing and the whole thing blew up, boosting the power of the FIA.

Bernie against him? Shane, did you actually read my post about the prophecy?

People hoping for Bernie to take a moral stand. Really, are his critics that delusional?

The vote does indeed prove Max to be a clever politician. I wish he'd been clever enough to keep it in his pants or at least not get caught though. Maybe in an ideal world there would be no problem with this, but we're a long way off that. If people in F1 have a problem working with Mosley then how can he do his job properly? The argument is really that simple. If Max cares about the sport and is the intelligent man he appears to be, then surely he would resign. He is just saving face at the expense of F1, it shouldn't be called a vote of confidence, more like a vote of fear.

Mosley's time is well and truly done, the media will drag this out damaging F1 at a time when it's already on it's knees (perhaps not the best choice of words there).

Spot on!

Max doesn't care about F1 otherwise he would have stepped down, fought his case against the NOTW and tried to find a way to clear his name. He reminds me of Mugabe - Stubborn and dictatorial.

Look into the aerodynamic changes he made at the start of 2005. Thats when the drivers stated that it first started to become excessively difficult to follow each other. Then there are the engine freezes, the stupid safety car rules, the 2 race per engine rule...

The lack of overtaking in Formula One has been an issue for over twenty years and not born out of Max Mosely's legislation. It's been born out of technical perfection and all the sanitizing that goes with it. Max has had some bad ideas but he has had the fuure and the good of the sprt at heart. You may not like the engine freeze or the two race engine rule,i don't either. But then i don't like congestion charges or the fac that fuel prices are getting higher. I do, however understand why it has to happen. There's a difference.

Let's see. I think wapi put it well as to why it won't happen.

Wow, you should be a comedian.

You're not the first to say so. My point was, of course, that scandas are talked up by scandal hungrey people.

Maybe, but that doesnt have much relevance, public opinion is what it is

The public are stupid. Yes, we are.

You do know that most of the supporting votes came from developing countries, and almost 80% of the votes against where from the major countries which account for about 80% of all world car production right?

Even if that was relevant, the developed world is where the future is. Not in backward pompous Europe, or even worse, America.

Don't be ridiculous. Bernie is a business man and business is doing well. He has already accepted the vote. If Bernie wanted Max out, he would be gone by now.

The vote does indeed prove Max to be a clever politician. I wish he\'d been clever enough to keep it in his pants or at least not get caught though. Maybe in an ideal world there would be no problem with this, but we\'re a long way off that. If people in F1 have a problem working with Mosley then how can he do his job properly? The argument is really that simple. If Max cares about the sport and is the intelligent man he appears to be, then surely he would resign. He is just saving face at the expense of F1, it shouldn\'t be called a vote of confidence, more like a vote of fear.

Thats pretty much what I was trying to say (albeit in a less eloquent way).

The big players do not want him there, and he is only damaging himself and Motorsport by digging his heels in. I know max has tended to fight his corner in the past, but this time I really do feel his arrogance is overstepping his rationality. Regardless of the moral implications of what he did, if the big players do not want him there he simply has to go, that is something that cannot be disputed.

I hope it does not drag on, but the potential is there for this to turn into a long and very unpleasant affair, I feel it will make Spygate look like childs play when it finally comes to its conclusion.

Do you remember the GPWC? It was an attempt by he car manufacturers to create their own series. They never managed to agree on anyhing and the whole thing blew up, boosting the power of the FIA.

Bernie against him? Shane, did you actually read my post about the prophecy?

People hoping for Bernie to take a moral stand. Really, are his critics that delusional?

Firstly, they backed down because they managed to broker a deal with the FIA that they felt earnt them a long term future. Also, not sure why you keep inciting old and irrelevant examples, as this is a totally different situation and will not just blow over like Indy 05 did. Also, I do not take note of your prophecies because your an ignorant xenophobe who is good for little more than comedy.

Also, Bernie has already implicity said that he wants Max to retire, and warned him against a war (seriously, do you actually read any news articles that do not contain the words Alonso or Ferrari?)

Germany boycotts FIA, USA may follow

Fallout from the Mosley vote of confidence

The fallout of Max Mosley's survival as FIA President has begun, with Europe's largest automobile club vowing to now boycott the Paris-based governing body.

After a clear majority of FIA affiliates voted to keep the scandal-gripped Briton as President on Tuesday, Germany's Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club (ADAC) announced in a statement they would boycott the FIA in protest.

The club said it viewed the outcome of the vote "with regret and incredulity".

"This is a reason for Europe's largest automobile club to let its functions and co-operation in FIA working groups rest at world level," the statement read.

"ADAC will stay with its decision as long as Max Mosley holds the top FIA office as President.

"

The representative of America's automobile association (AAA), Robert Darbelnet, said the club was considering joining ACAC in the protest.

He told reporters in Paris that the result was a "disappointing day for the FIA".

"I will give it very serious consideration whether or not to remain effectively engaged in an organisation that condones this type of activity," Darbelnet added.

Source: GMM

Dont be ridiculous. Bernie is a business man and business is doing well. He has already accepted the vote. If Bernie wanted Max out, he would be gone by now.

Seeing as you have all the answers, why did Bernie make very public threats if he has no intent on acting on them? More to the point did it Occur to you that, like most of us, he was waiting for the vote so that he did not have to get involved in a long drawn out battle?

Believe what you want, I can promise you this will not be the end of the story, the proverbial sh!t will hit the fan before this season is out.

your an ignorant xenophobe who is good for little more than comedy.

A xenophobe :lol: Pray explain Shane, I'm all agog

Seeing as you have all the answers, why did Bernie make very public threats if he has no intent on acting on them? More to the point did it Occur to you that, like most of us, he was waiting for the vote so that he did not have to get involved in a long drawn out battle?

Believe what you want, I can promise you this will not be the end of the story, the proverbial sh!t will hit the fan before this season is out.

You can promise that this won't be the end? Even i won't check my crystal ball to see if that is true. The fan will need a good overhaul, for sure, because of the sh!t slingers who probably love watching 'Big Brother' and 'Britain's got talent' too.

F*ck them and any other hypocrite who claims to be a fan of the sport. They are the stupid c*nts who are bringing the sport down. Not a bloke who likes getting his end wet in a way that narrow minded tw*ts get all hissy about.

It's your opinion that he is s##t at his job, many would disagree. It looks like 103 within his own organisation disagree, for a start. Underhand tactics? Maybe, but that's an unfounded opinion. If he was that unpopular this was the perfect and anonymous process to have him removed. The fact that he wasn't speaks volumes about the true picture of Max Moseley's popularity within the FIA.

Possibly, Steve, but you know I am never serious about these ancillary things, however, if that was an anonymous vote I'll run naked on the pitch at Anfield with a banner saying 'Drib, you were right!'.

How do you know he is not doing his job well? Because someone says so, or you are FIA insider knowledgeable about FIA proceedings and complete FIA actions?

Because I can see the evidence of him not doing his job properly by the way the racing translates onto the track.

F*ck them and any other hypocrite who claims to be a fan of the sport. They are the stupid c*nts who are bringing the sport down. Not a bloke who likes getting his end wet in a way that narrow minded tw*ts get all hissy about.

Ever gotten off your narrow minded perch to consider the possibility to consider that these so called tw*ts have disliked mosely for a while, for other reasons not related to this scandle, and where just hpoing that this is what would end him?

At the end of the day, whether you like it or not, the viewing public have a huge impact on sport. Lose your audience, lose your coverage. Its the oldest rule in the book. At the end of the day, you also need to consider that max and his actions, nazi or not, can offend different people in different ways, we are not just talking a sexual issue here, we are talking a cultural issue. Like it or lump it, when you are as powerful as max is, any private scandal WILL have an effect on you.

Possibly, Steve, but you know I am never serious about these ancillary things, however, if that was an anonymous vote I'll run naked on the pitch at Anfield with a banner saying 'Drib, you were right!'.

That would confuse a lot of Scousers. I'll charge my camera batteries.

You don't really think that! We are all entitled to our own moral values? Is it OK if I feel like discriminating against Jews and black people on this forum? Don't worry - I will only do it to people who don't do their job of posting very well. :lol:

You don't have your own moral code? That explains a lot....actually it doesn't. Aren't you the one always saying in the religious threads that you shouldn't get your moral values from a book, that you should use your own given conscience?? Come now, Muzza, you will have to do better than that.

Looks like you are discriminating yourself..........again! :lol:

Good question. They don't know it at all. The fact that he managed to win the vote easily despite Rupert Murdoch's best efforts, despite predictions on here, despite idiots the world over, suggests that he actually is quite a formidable man.

He is a formidable man, of that there is no doubt.

And weren't most of the predictions in the last thread that he would keep his job in spite of this? Or was that just the last time I looked at it?? :lol:

That would confuse a lot of Scousers. I'll charge my camera batteries.

You'll need the flash!!! Need the flash..................geddit!!!! Ok, ok, I'll get my flasher's mac, I mean coat :lol:

Ever gotten off your narrow minded perch to consider the possibility to consider that these so called tw*ts have disliked mosely for a while, for other reasons not related to this scandle, and where just hpoing that this is what would end him?

Even up here on my perch i can see that and that's precisely what i object to. Before this vote many people were saying "oh, i don't think what he did affects his ability to do his job, but i want him to go because i don't like him". That does make them twats, yes, becaue instead of voicing an opinion about whether he should go over this issue, they were biased to start with. Me? I am actually not that big a fan, nor do i dislike him. I just like to see justice carried out fairly and with objectivity. You previous opinions on how he has 'ruined the sport' make it clear that you are unable to be objective about this, so stop pretending that you are.

Who's narrow minded now?

At the end of the day, whether you like it or not, the viewing public have a huge impact on sport. Lose your audience, lose your coverage. Its the oldest rule in the book. At the end of the day, you also need to consider that max and his actions, nazi or not, can offend different people in different ways, we are not just talking a sexual issue here, we are talking a cultural issue. Like it or lump it, when you are as powerful as max is, any private scandal WILL have an effect on you.

It's only an issue if you make it one. Are you offended by the so called Nazi connotations? You are the viewing public, aren't you?