Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Mosley Survives Vote........will Stay On

Breaking news from the BBC that Max HAS won a vote of confidence and will stay on until 2009 and may possibly run for a re-election.

More news as it follows.........

lovely stuff, I wanted him to stay on... Power to Max Mosley!!! :D

FIA president Max Mosley has won the vote of confidence at today's General Assembly meeting in Paris.

Following a vote of delegates, Mosley won the majority of support for him to continue in his role.

An FIA press release confirmed that Mosley had won by 103 votes to 55 votes in the meeting. There were seven abstentions and four invalid votes during the secret ballot.

Mosley is not expected to make any comment about his vote of confidence until after the conclusion of the privacy action that he has taken against the News of the World.

Full statement from the FIA:

During the Extraordinary General Assembly (EGA) held in Paris today, the FIA Member Clubs voted on a motion of confidence in the FIA President.

The FIA membership voted as follows:

For the motion: 103

Against the motion: 55

Abstentions: 7

Invalid votes 4

Voting in the EGA was made by secret ballot. Votes were counted in private by the FIA legal department in the presence of four scrutineers, selected by the EGA from a list of Delegates proposed by the Chairman of the meeting (the President of the FIA Senate).

The entire voting procedure was supervised by an external Huissier de Justice (French state-appointed public witness).

Paris, 3 June, 2008

Breaking news from the BBC that Max HAS won a vote of confidence and will stay on until 2009 and may possibly run for a re-election.

As a long time F1 fan I find it incomprehensible that the FIA can have any confidence whatsoever in Mosley. How can he represent the sport when he isn't welcome at GPs in some of the countries F1 goes to? I agree that if it doesn't affect his job his private life should remain just that, private, but with the international nature of F1, how can the sordid Nazi allegations not affect his ability to do his job? My only hope is that the vote of confidence was achieved on the understanding that he will step down next year and not stand for re-election.

It is vital to know where those 55 votes against Max come from.

Max will find out , for sure! :lol:

Edit: If he doesn't already know :whistling:

lovely stuff, I wanted him to stay on... Power to Max Mosley!!! :D

:lol: Indeed Brad! It's excellent news. Now I can go back to disliking Mosley with some integrity.

I just hope the AAA, ADAC and japanese pull away to start a new organization.

They can do what they like. We all know their reactions have nothing to do with the "scandal". They were already semi-detached from the FIA as things stood before all this nonsense because it suits their own selfish motivations. The idea that America's (previous) president can survive a sex scandal, and lie repeatedly under oath about it, but the representative of their motorsports council can't, really takes the biscuit.

As a long time F1 fan I find it incomprehensible that the FIA can have any confidence whatsoever in Mosley. How can he represent the sport when he isn't welcome at GPs in some of the countries F1 goes to? I agree that if it doesn't affect his job his private life should remain just that, private, but with the international nature of F1, how can the sordid Nazi allegations not affect his ability to do his job? My only hope is that the vote of confidence was achieved on the understanding that he will step down next year and not stand for re-election.

Welcome Alan. Do we really have that many Alans already registered? :P

Max will find out , for sure! :lol:

:D Yup. Let's hope so. And you're right that he surely will already know. Tbh I think you and I could make a good guess that half of the votes against him were from the large organisations from America, Germany and Japan who had already partially withdrawn before the so-called scandal broke.

They can do what they like. We all know their reactions have nothing to do with the "scandal". They were already semi-detached from the FIA as things stood before all this nonsense because it suits their own selfish motivations. The idea that America's (previous) president can survive a sex scandal, and lie repeatedly under oath about it, but the representative of their motorsports council can't, really takes the biscuit.

Oh and the third in line for the throne in the supreme British Empire can actually wear a Nazi symbol and get away with it.

This is hilarious :lol: Max uses clever political maneouvring to get one over people who were wasting everyone's time on their personal grudge. The FIA still run F1 and WRC, the silly little clubs can pull out all they want.

Germany's national motoring body, ADAC, has been the first major organisation to react to Max Mosley's victory in today's confidence vote, saying they regret the result.

ADAC had been one of the bodies who had asked Mosley to reconsider his position as head of the FIA following revelations about his private life.

The German body, which claims to be the largest Automobile club in Europe, said on Tuesday that it was withdrawing all involvement with the FIA.

The ADAC said it will continue with that policy as long as Mosley stays as president of the governing body.

"With regret and incomprehension, the ADAC has learned from the decision by the General Assembly of the FIA in Paris to confirm Max Mosley in his function as president of the FIA," the ADAC said in a statement.

"For Europe's largest motoring club, this is a reason to put down all its functions and the involvement in the global organisation of motoring clubs with immediate effect and to step down from the globally active FIA working groups.

"The ADAC will stick to this attitude as long as Max Mosley will be on duty as president of the FIA.

"After the affair became public on March 30, 2008, the ADAC insistently called upon Mosley in a personal letter to step down in order to avoid any harm being done to the FIA and its institutions. This was done in close co-operation with other major motoring clubs within this global organisation.

"The service portfolio for ADAC members will by no means be affected by the decision now taken. This is being ensured by a closely-knit worldwide network that the ADAC has already established for a long time and that is working very effectively.

"The services will be carried out without any compromises by its own companies as well as by European and global organisations in which the club is participating."

Dutch motoring body president Guido Van Woerkom said he was unhappy but not surprised about the outcome of today's confidence vote against FIA president Max Mosley.

"I am not quite surprised but I am not happy," said ANWB's Van Woerkom after Mosley got the support to stay at the helm of the governing body.

"I voted against. I wrote a letter with 34 other, bigger clubs, to ask Max to step down by at least November 2008, but the outcome is different."

Van Woerkom believes Mosley benefited from the votes of smaller clubs, but he reckons the bigger bodies were against him.

"Well, we've known Max for a long time. He is always pushing the arguments against him away and he is promoting his own arguments," he added.

"And he has a lot of contacts with the smaller clubs and what we have seen in the general assembly is that more or less the smaller clubs are in favour.

"But when you look to the bigger clubs, the AAA (USA), the triple A in Australia, the JAF (Japan) of 70 million members, the ADAC in Germany, the NWB in the Netherlands, they all are against. So when you count the members behind the members then I don't think he will succeed."

Van Woerkom suggested some clubs are now likely to withdawn all involvement with the FIA, following ADAC's example.

"Yes, well, I am now away to have a lunch with those clubs and maybe that is the outcome of that discussion," he said.

Van Woerkom also said that it was normal that the clubs getting money from the FIA voted in favour of Mosley, although he denied there was corruption involved.

"It is more or less difficult to say, but there is a lot of money going around and if you get a small piece of that bread it can be very nice to eat," Van Woerkom said.

"Corrupt is not the way, I won't say it. But when you look at the McLaren fine, that is a lot of money, and when you get something from that you are more or less in favour of the people giving you that bread.

"So that's normal in life, although in some countries that's normal."

:D Yup. Let's hope so. And you're right that he surely will already know. Tbh I think you and I could make a good guess that half of the votes against him were from the large organisations from America, Germany and Japan who had already partially withdrawn before the so-called scandal broke.

Indeed

Oh and the third in line for the throne in the supreme British Empire can actually wear a Nazi symbol and get away with it.

This is hilarious :lol: Max uses clever political maneouvring to get one over people who were wasting everyone's time on their personal grudge. The FIA still run F1 and WRC, the silly little clubs can pull out all they want.

Well, there is a bit of difference between those cases, not least of which is that Harry didn't actually try to hide his uniform nor claim 'setup' when found out. And Harry is a teenager, whereas Max is 102 and should know better. Critically, though, Harry didn't use a German accent. Besides, even if he became King, he would not have any real power, responsibility, nor respect. Anyway, aside from that, you are right, it's exactly the same situation! :lol:

I agree about the maneouvering, though, very clever. I wonder if comes re-election time next year, we will see something along the lines of '.........well, the FIA don't want me to stand down...........' Remember, you heard it here, first :whistling:

Well, there is a bit of difference between those cases, not least of which is that Harry didn't actually try to hide his uniform nor claim 'setup' when found out.

Hide? What did Mosley hide? There are no Nazi symbols to be seen in the video. Nothing.

And Harry is a teenager, whereas Max is 102 and should know better.

Whereas what Max did at precisely that age i.e. attending his father's rallies is being used against him. But the prince hey, he was just a kid, everyone's already moved on, but Max Mosley can't live it down in 45 years.

Critically, though, Harry didn't use a German accent. Besides, even if he became King, he would not have any real power, responsibility, nor respect. Anyway, aside from that, you are right, it's exactly the same situation! :lol:

Oh he would have a ceremonial role. Which is precisely what people are saying Max will be unable to do - getting photographed with politicians and the like.

Noone's claiming that he can't run the FIA because of the orgy.

>

^ Hopefully the CVC/Bernie will find ways to will split F1 from FIA.

Split? The FIA run F1. They can start their own racing series. But Bernie isn't as stupid as the GPWC manufacturers to bother trying.

:lol: Yes! Now the whole world knows that Max's prodigious stamina and vitality can be harnessed for all sorts of maneuvers.

The service portfolio for ADAC members will by no means be affected by the decision now taken. This is being ensured by a closely-knit worldwide network that the ADAC has already established for a long time and that is working very effectively.

The services will be carried out without any compromises by its own companies as well as by European and global organisations in which the club is participating.

:lol: Come on! They even admit that this decision will make no difference whatsoever. They're just doing what they've been doing for "a long time"

"Corrupt is not the way, I won't say it. But when you look at the McLaren fine, that is a lot of money, and when you get something from that you are more or less in favour of the people giving you that bread.

"So that's normal in life, although in some countries that's normal."

Firstly this guy seems unfit for his own job, since his English is pretty poor, which is unusual for Dutch people. Surely they could find someone better. Secondly, he goes around making insinuations about other countries, when in fact it is he who is being "corrupt" and cynical! What a hypocrite.

>

^ Hopefully the CVC/Bernie will find ways to will split F1 from FIA.

Not very likely. It would only happen if it suited Bernie's interests, not because of the scandal.

Well, there is a bit of difference between those cases, not least of which is that Harry didn't actually try to hide his uniform nor claim 'setup' when found out. And Harry is a teenager, whereas Max is 102 and should know better. Critically, though, Harry didn't use a German accent. Besides, even if he became King, he would not have any real power, responsibility, nor respect. Anyway, aside from that, you are right, it's exactly the same situation! :lol:

I agree about the maneouvering, though, very clever. I wonder if comes re-election time next year, we will see something along the lines of '.........well, the FIA don't want me to stand down...........' Remember, you heard it here, first :whistling:

The analogy seemed a pretty good one to me, honestly. Harry might not have hid his uniform, but you're not telling me he would have done that in public? He surely wore it to a private party expecting that the press wouldn't be there, or wouldn't report it if they were. And I think the Queen has a little more influence and respect in the world than Max Mosley, or any other motorsports figure! :P

What a bummer. The World's gone mad.

Well said that man Pabloh...

Well, there is a bit of difference between those cases, not least of which is that Harry didn't actually try to hide his uniform nor claim 'setup' when found out. And Harry is a teenager, whereas Max is 102 and should know better. Critically, though, Harry didn't use a German accent. Besides, even if he became King, he would not have any real power, responsibility, nor respect. Anyway, aside from that, you are right, it's exactly the same situation!

.....apart from the last bit. :P

Hide? What did Mosley hide? There are no Nazi symbols to be seen in the video. Nothing.

How can he claim setup when he's not hiding anything then?

Whereas what Max did at precisely that age i.e. attending his father's rallies is being used against him. But the prince hey, he was just a kid, everyone's already moved on, but Max Mosley can't live it down in 45 years.

Nothing to do with 45 years ago, it's to do with the present. I don't think anyone really believes there was Nazi connotations, although it can't be ruled out, however, that's not the real issue.

Oh he would have a ceremonial role. Which is precisely what people are saying Max will be unable to do - getting photographed with politicians and the like.

Noone's claiming that he can't run the FIA because of the orgy.

Again, nothing to do with it. Countries govenments/royal families, etc ,etc don't want him to be around when they are hosting a grand prix and they, like us, are entitled to their own opinions and moral values.

Well what a surprise, Pervy Max has got his bent cronies to support him....

I think this one will run and run....

I think there is a real possibility of a breakaway, especially if Max announces he is staying on. People said it could not happen with IndyCar and it did and look at the mess that resulted. I think not only are there a lot of interested clubs, but also countries and manufacturers that have an interest in this. At the end of the day Bernie will go wherever the money is and if there is all-out war between him and Max, I don't see Max winning.

Cav/Muzza I really don't understand why you are so delighted by this. If you are championing a cause, for goodness sake pick someone more deserving than Max. And as far as his record of bad management and mishandling of F1 goes.... (e.g. selling the rights to Bernie for a ludicrously low value, Mclaren saga, excessive regulation, etc....) well....

And Cav:

"Hide? What did Mosley hide? There are no Nazi symbols to be seen in the video. Nothing."

Pur-lease. don't insult our intelligence. He was re-enacting scenes from prison camp, whilst speaking in German - you gonna tell me next he was really just a fan of 'Allo 'Allo..... Now who was it that ran prison camps in Germany....???

The analogy seemed a pretty good one to me, honestly. Harry might not have hid his uniform, but you're not telling me he would have done that in public? He surely wore it to a private party expecting that the press wouldn't be there, or wouldn't report it if they were. And I think the Queen has a little more influence and respect in the world than Max Mosley, or any other motorsports figure! :P

He did do it in public, he went to party dressed up, for crying out loud! A 'private' party is just another way of saying you're not invited :lol:

What is it with you and 'private' by the way?? The bottom line, in this day and age, is that if you don't want anybody else to know then do it by yourself, in your own home, where you can't be disturbed, or nobody can climb on a chair to see into your house (has been known, by the way...............and no, it wasn't me), etc, etc. And before you ask, I have already seen your video on www.disgruntled-ex. com :whistling:

I don't think he was bothered one bit about being seen or reported. Being a tad naive, I just don't think he realised there would be a furor over it.

Pur-lease. don't insult our intelligence. He was re-enacting scenes from prison camp, whilst speaking in German - you gonna tell me next he was really just a fan of 'Allo 'Allo..... Now who was it that ran prison camps in Germany....???

Ooh, ooh, pick me, I know this one!!!!! :lol:

Well what a surprise, Pervy Max has got his bent cronies to support him....

I think this one will run and run....

I think there is a real possibility of a breakaway, especially if Max announces he is staying on. People said it could not happen with IndyCar and it did and look at the mess that resulted. I think not only are there a lot of interested clubs, but also countries and manufacturers that have an interest in this. At the end of the day Bernie will go wherever the money is and if there is all-out war between him and Max, I don't see Max winning.

Cav/Muzza I really don't understand why you are so delighted by this. If you are championing a cause, for goodness sake pick someone more deserving than Max. And as far as his record of bad management and mishandling of F1 goes.... (e.g. selling the rights to Bernie for a ludicrously low value, Mclaren saga, excessive regulation, etc....) well....

And Cav:

"Hide? What did Mosley hide? There are no Nazi symbols to be seen in the video. Nothing."

To be honest, Meanie, as I said earlier, I am not sure there are any Nazi connotations, well not in the sense the NOTW would try to have us believe, anyway. I haven't watched all the video, so I don't actually know, to be perfectly honest. However, I don't really think that's the issue.