Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Minchia!

I Just Found My Next Car...

Wouldn't want to have a crash in one of those - ooh err... Mind you it probably doesn't go fast enough to do any damage.

Actually, they say it is pretty safe (complys with all US crash safty standards) and goes top speed 85mph and does 0-60 in under 10 seconds. Not bad for $26,000 US.

If gas gets any higher, I am selling my Elise and getting one of these:

http://www.aptera.com/media.php

The future is here! B)

Er, well, it's kinda green and futuristic looking. It looks like no fun whatsoever and we'll all call you 'Brains' :P How can you get it to lift a rear wheel on the ragged edge? I just can't imagine it being fun in any way whatsoever, you need one of these for some cheap go-kart fun:

post-1536-1212701848_thumb.jpg

:P

BTW, if you get rid of the Elise for that, then you're officially in need of some therapy :huh:

[quote name='medilloni' post='254632' date='Jun 5 2008, 02:39 PM']BTW, if you get rid of the Elise for that, then you're officially in need of some therapy :huh: [/quote]

I guess my sarcasm glands never really developed fully (my mother smoked) - especially compared to some of you English blokes. I heard that when you guys cut yourselves shaving, sarcasm comes out.

Let me clarify,

While I think that car is neat-o, and a step in the right direction for energy conservation, I would sooner light my head on fire and extinguish it with a sledgehammer than sell my Elise.

If gas gets any higher, I am selling my Elise and getting one of these:

http://www.aptera.com/media.php

The future is here! B)

I'm sure one of those is stuck on my windscreen.

Nah, our wit is so sharp we don't ever cut ourselves shaving :)

:lol:

I guess my sarcasm glands never really developed fully (my mother smoked) - especially compared to some of you English blokes. I heard that when you guys cut yourselves shaving, sarcasm comes out.

Let me clarify,

While I think that car is neat-o, and a step in the right direction for energy conservation, I would sooner light my head on fire and extinguish it with a sledgehammer than sell my Elise.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.... WHICH is why I use it with some members on the forum :P

Let me clarify,

Ahh, I see Minch. It wasn't sarcastic enough to be sarcastic, if wit was s##t you'd be constipated :P

How long have you had the Elise, do you do any track days? Superb fun but not the most dependable car I've owned.....

Wez, I have to point out that your picture of Alonso looks alarmingly like a fat kid who just finished off 3 pies.

:lol:

Don't mock the afflicted Vegetableman, PorkyMontoya Syndrome is a serious complaint. :P

Toyota or Rover?

Toyota Monza. But mamby-pamby spoilt children find it a bit claustrophobic wedged (for their safety of course) in the passenger footwell. Damned ungrateful if you ask me......... :D

Wez, I have to point out that your picture of Alonso looks alarmingly like a fat kid who just finished off 3 pies.

HAHA,

Actually, He's just puffing his chest whilst sighing and thinking about Reanult great new mods which now mean they will be able to challege the Force India's at the next GP...

Ahh, I see Minch. It wasn't sarcastic enough to be sarcastic, if wit was s##t you'd be constipated :P

How long have you had the Elise, do you do any track days? Superb fun but not the most dependable car I've owned.....

As my signature states, there is only ONE thing worse than being witty, and that is NOT being witty.

My Elise is a 2006 ardent red with the touring pack and hard top. There is a track near me here in Las Vegas (they actually have a Lotus driving school in which I have already enrolled). Mostly though, I just take it for spirited drives in the mountains on the weekends. My main form of daily driving is a proper saloon (Infiniti G35).

Yes, the Elise is loud, hot, uncomfortable, and full of bumps, squeeks and rattles, BUT - I wouldn't have it any other way. That car delivers more visceral driving experience and direct intimacy with the road than any car or motorcycle I have ever piloted. When I drive over a coin on the road, I can tell through the steering wheel what year it is. It is the only car I've driven that dosen't feel right unless you're wearing a helmet. :D

I have yet to have any serious reliability problems, though. (KNOCKS ON WOOD)

Actually, on the subject of strange, fuel efficient vehicles, I rather fancy this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE45CmisWe8

At least it is more performance oriented! Looks like a lot of fun.

Toyota Monza.

You should have gone K-series; You would be an expert on changing head gaskets. The Toyota engine is ridiculously reliable. Doesn't fit in with its British character.......

:lol: He's Spanish...he eats empanadas. Lord do I love empanadas. Which of you Spanish-food eating people wants to be hired as my personal empanada chef?

Anyway, my next car...won't be for years. I'm driving my 2006 Acura RSX until it won't move, and since it's basically an easy-on-the-eyes Civic on steroids, that could take a while (or I could just put Montoya in it...the left suspension would be destroyed).

My wife's car is leased, so she'll be getting a new car pretty soon. We're thinking about the 2009 Honda Fit.

I wish my next car had been one of the DP01s at the Champ Car auction, though. I would've paid $26,000 to buy the Dan Clarke one (which sold for $25k). Then I would've fielded it in the 93rd Running of the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race next year and kicked Dallara a##.

You should have gone K-series; You would be an expert on changing head gaskets. The Toyota engine is ridiculously reliable. Doesn't fit in with its British character.......

Shaliq is quite the expert on the Toyota engine. Have I ever told you guys he drives a minivan? :P

I swear, it never gets old.

Shaliq is quite the expert on the Toyota engine. Have I ever told you guys he drives a minivan? :P

I swear, it never gets old.

:blink: its been nearly 2months since i drove a car. :(:( ...i miss my cars in India. :(

Yeah, Toyotas are so freaking reliable overall. They just make so reliable cars, my brakes lasted over 55,000kms.

:blink: its been nearly 2months since i drove a car. :(:( ...i miss my cars in India. :(

Yeah, Toyotas are so freaking reliable overall. They just make so reliable cars, my brakes lasted over 55,000kms.

That sucks. Go steal one.

Yeah, they are. My father has a 2006 Toyota Camry 4-cylinder. He's never had to have any work done on it over around 50,000 miles, other than routine oil changes etc. And it gets 35.5 highway mpg. I'd say that car is about the best thing you could do to your life. Maintenance is cheap as hell, gas mileage is insane, but it's still got a lot of room. As boring as Toyota is, that car owns my Acura every day of the week.

That sucks. Go steal one.

Yeah, they are. My father has a 2006 Toyota Camry 4-cylinder. He's never had to have any work done on it over around 50,000 miles, other than routine oil changes etc. And it gets 35.5 highway mpg. I'd say that car is about the best thing you could do to your life. Maintenance is cheap as hell, gas mileage is insane, but it's still got a lot of room. As boring as Toyota is, that car owns my Acura every day of the week.

I may consider stealing! :D

Toyota owns everything now! :P

For Indian roads what we have there is more than enough. I hope to buy some really good car when I return home after my studies.