Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Canadian Gp - Race

A thoroughly enjoyable spectacle. Mrs dribbler was complaining from the garden about my swearing; always a good sign that it was a belter. Kimi was the biggest loser but i found it difficult to feel totally sorry for him based on his brain fade this season. Lewis made a silly mistake and will kick himself. No matter. In the grand scheme of a year long battle it was a blip, no more. If we get to the last race and he's points disadvantaged to Kimi, he may well rue it more, but i don't think it's going to factor that much. Big boys sometimes make big mistakes.

Kimi would have won this one, i'm sure. Lewis, all adrenalined was convinced it was a breeze, post crash, but when he sees the telemetry and sees how quickly kimi was closing once his Ferrari hit the groove, he will raise those eyebrows and think again.

I was thrilled at the way Fernando put that Renault on a knife edge. He caned it like only a great champion can. Then stuffed it. No matter. Frank Williams always prefers to see a driver stuffing it whilst ragging every last inch out of a car, i suspect Flav' would have felt the same. Shame though; glory could have been his instead of David's.

DC was always going to pull one of these senior drives out of the bag. After all the errors, it was great to see. I don't think it will make him drive any different for the rest of the year, it was just nice to see the mechanics genuinely pleased for the old fella. A fitting (suspected) swansong result. When his fat head hits the pillow he'll privately smile at his result compared to Mark, the golden boy.

Love having a driver's table all mixed up. A points table that paints a different picture to how things will end up. Massa is in the box seats. Kimi and Lewis know that this year is theirs for the taking if they knuckle down and wake up, repsectively.

The doomsayers will slay the Pole because it was partly luck driven. But this boy deserves it because he has driven like a racer since he hit the grid. Well done, Robert, well done. The championship? Nope. But he's made his point. You need to plod away and not be an idiot. There were idiots today and there have been idiots all year long. Robert aint one of them and that's why he deserves every bit of it.

Interesting, this is only the second time I can recall Lewis hitting anyone else from behind.

It happened recently... I do not rmember last year details but this year it is second time in 7 races. He also had one "wrong button" (he is definitely unique; one might think that it should not be too hard to learn how to use your steering wheel) In spite of that he was leading championship, so he clearly has talent but I think he is dangerous for himself and others. One day he might get himself killed with one of those.

Hamilton is a boob.

Aren't boobs supposed to be good

A thoroughly enjoyable spectacle. Mrs dribbler was complaining from the garden about my swearing; always a good sign that it was a belter. Kimi was the biggest loser but i found it difficult to feel totally sorry for him based on his brain fade this season. Lewis made a silly mistake and will kick himself. No matter. In the grand scheme of a year long battle it was a blip, no more. If we get to the last race and he's points disadvantaged to Kimi, he may well rue it more, but i don't think it's going to factor that much. Big boys sometimes make big mistakes.

Kimi would have won this one, i'm sure. Lewis, all adrenalined was convinced it was a breeze, post crash, but when he sees the telemetry and sees how quickly kimi was closing once his Ferrari hit the groove, he will raise those eyebrows and think again.

I was thrilled at the way Fernando put that Renault on a knife edge. He caned it like only a great champion can. Then stuffed it. No matter. Frank Williams always prefers to see a driver stuffing it whilst ragging every last inch out of a car, i suspect Flav' would have felt the same. Shame though; glory could have been his instead of David's.

DC was always going to pull one of these senior drives out of the bag. After all the errors, it was great to see. I don't think it will make him drive any different for the rest of the year, it was just nice to see the mechanics genuinely pleased for the old fella. A fitting (suspected) swansong result. When his fat head hits the pillow he'll privately smile at his result compared to Mark, the golden boy.

Love having a driver's table all mixed up. A points table that paints a different picture to how things will end up. Massa is in the box seats. Kimi and Lewis know that this year is theirs for the taking if they knuckle down and wake up, repsectively.

The doomsayers will slay the Pole because it was partly luck driven. But this boy deserves it because he has driven like a racer since he hit the grid. Well done, Robert, well done. The championship? Nope. But he's made his point. You need to plod away and not be an idiot. There were idiots today and there have been idiots all year long. Robert aint one of them and that's why he deserves every bit of it.

Excellent post Dribs!

It happened recently... I do not rmember last year details but this year it is second time in 7 races. He also had one "wrong button" (he is definitely unique; one might think that it should not be too hard to learn how to use your steering wheel) In spite of that he was leading championship, so he clearly has talent but I think he is dangerous for himself and others. One day he might get himself killed with one of those.

Terrible post.

:thbup:

Hamy penalized is something I am desperately waiting for. Poor Vettel was penalized 5 places because of Hamilton's recless driving in Fuji. This one is purely his fault and it should be a 10 place grid penalty in France.

Nico did something which i think was smart, hitting the guy that was already out... After watching the highlights again, you can see Nico hit Lewis after Lewis had hit Kimi... And Look at the incident, Hamilton turned left into Kimi, not rammed the guy(kubica) straight....

I was replying to your coment on Lewis chosing Kimi.

Hamy penalized is something I am desperately waiting for. Poor Vettel was penalized 5 places because of Hamilton's recless driving in Fuji. This one is purely his fault and it should be a 10 place grid penalty in France.

Vettel being penalized is not Hamy's fault, it was Stewards' fault.

Vettel being penalized is not Hamy's fault, it was Stewards' fault.

It was absolutely Hamy's fault for dangerous driving in such conditions but his fans won't see it. Every neutral person I talked to said he was too hard on the brakes to try and get an advantage for the restart.

Nothing to add,really.

Good race.

Kimi 4th on the standings!Thanks,Hamilton for making it more interesting. :lol:

No beavers on track this year.

Excellent post Dribs!

Terrible post.

:lol::lol:

In Hamiton's defence - I think he was turning left because there was space to kimi's left and nowhere else. Just couldn't react quick enough.

Not that I'm a Hamilton fan, but, I think we have to chalk these things down as "an education". He'll keep his eyes open for that red light next time.

Perhaps karma for old Kimi - he accidently hit Sutil up the arse and then got accidently hit up the arse by Hamilton.

I honestly think both were accidents. Nothing deleberate or calculated about either incident.

Makes the championship more interesting for us F1 fans who don't follow any particular driver or team - jolly good.

No beavers on track this year.

No. But on the same subject, the pitlane girls were surely some of the finest this year so far.

In Hamiton's defence - I think he was turning left because there was space to kimi's left and nowhere else. Just couldn't react quick enough.

Yep. My take too.

Yep. My take too.

My take three but I still like the theory that he deliberately took Kimi out because it enrages the Hamy worshippers on the forum.

My take three but I still like the theory that he deliberately took Kimi out because it enrages the Hamy worshippers on the forum.

:P

Not that I'm a Hamilton fan, but, I think we have to chalk these things down as "an education". He'll keep his eyes open for that red light next time.

Perhaps karma for old Kimi - he accidently hit Sutil up the arse and then got accidently hit up the arse by Hamilton.

I honestly think both were accidents. Nothing deleberate or calculated about either incident.

Makes the championship more interesting for us F1 fans who don't follow any particular driver or team - jolly good.

Lately I feel too unisnpired to post in the forums. But this thread is making me kind of mad, and Mr.Adamstrags will get the reply just because he was the last one to post something along the same lines as others.

1) No, it was no racing incident, unless we are willing to declare whatever occurs on a racetrack as a racing incident. (This one isn't for you, Adam) Racing incidents occurt when drivers are doing what they are supposed to, and some kind of bad luck gets in the way. Hamilton was driving recklessly, didn't notice the red light nor the guy in front of him and crashed. If that is not a stupid move, then I don't know what a stupid move is.

2) No, it wasn't just another mistake from a big one so he can learn. Call me resented, but I still recall a long, bitter thread calling Alonso incompetent, at least, for his crash in Interlagos under yellow flags. That one was a breeze compared to this.

3) No, it does not mean that Lewis is a total failure. Big ones make big blunders, we can make a list. But the problem with Lewis is that hisbig moves over big blunders ratio is too low. He needs to focus more if he does not want to become just another pintoresque but ineffective driver.

4) Nando, ahh so close. If it was a gearbox problem, then tough luck but great race. If he lost it, then we are witnessing yet another great driver, hampered by his personality issues. If the latter, then whatever I said to Hammy applies to Nando as well. Piquet, you are doomed. Too bad because I like your overtaking skills, pretty thrilling.

5) Wonderful Bob. Nothing else

6) Coulthard, Massa, Nick, Glock, Trulli et al. good job and the usual cheers.

7) Will try to get back my inspiration and stick around more...but there's too much childishness even for a childish old guy like me. Sorry.

Hamy penalized is something I am desperately waiting for. Poor Vettel was penalized 5 places because of Hamilton\'s recless driving in Fuji. This one is purely his fault and it should be a 10 place grid penalty in France.

Lewis was found not at fault, and when he was cleared, the original penalty Vettle incurred was commuted to a reprimand.

1) No, it was no racing incident, unless we are willing to declare whatever occurs on a racetrack as a racing incident. (This one isn\'t for you, Adam) Racing incidents occurt when drivers are doing what they are supposed to, and some kind of bad luck gets in the way. Hamilton was driving recklessly, didn\'t notice the red light nor the guy in front of him and crashed. If that is not a stupid move, then I don\'t know what a stupid move is.

I cannot agree with that, Lewis was just moving down the pitlane at normal speed, the only possible explanation is that his view of the lights was obscured, or he simply was not warned of them being on in time. I cannot believe that any driver would drive that recklessly in the pit.

I cannot agree with that, Lewis was just moving down the pitlane at normal speed, the only possible explanation is that his view of the lights was obscured, or he simply was not warned of them being on in time. I cannot believe that any driver would drive that recklessly in the pit.

Crashing against a stopped car at the pitlane exit is not reckless? Unless he lost his brakes, he was guilty of either driving too fast, too close or failing to notice that the car in front of him stopped. In any case, he was reckless.

Crashing against a stopped car at the pitlane exit is not reckless? Unless he lost his brakes, he was guilty of either driving too fast, too close or failing to notice that the car in front of him stopped. In any case, he was reckless.

That makes the assumption that he had the time to react, which clearly neither of them did. I intend to download and watch the footage, but I believe Raikkonen suddenly stopping caught Lewis out, and Lewis hitting Raikkonen caught rosberg out.

You can tell by the look on his face that he knew he'd made a big one. It was a poor moment, he won't do it again. I bet he's starting to wonder how he managed that consistency last year and can't replicate it this year, I know I am.

Try chasing me with your bike closely while I am driving a car, then I slam the brakes after I see an old lady crossing my way and you brake too late, then after you have damaged my tailgate I will ask you to pay for the damage and remind you that all my tail lamps including the centrally mounted stop lights worked perfectly. Not only did you ignore my lights, you also ignored my huge stationary car.

Try chasing me with your bike closely while I am driving a car, then I slam the brakes after I see an old lady crossing my way and you brake too late, then after you have damaged my tailgate I will ask you to pay for the damage and remind you that all my tail lamps including the centrally mounted stop lights worked perfectly. Not only did you ignore my lights, you also ignored my huge stationary car.

Errr...I didn't get it. At least under Argentinian Laws, I will be responsible, so it is not a rebuttal of my post. I am confused.

I bet he's starting to wonder how he managed that consistency last year and can't replicate it this year, I know I am.

Last year it was a consistent year for a rookie and an inconsistent year for a 2xWDC. None of them were really consistent. Hamilton made two big mistakes (China and Brazil) while Kimi or Alonso made quite a few smaller mistakes but still too many for a consistent driver.

And this year only Kubica is consistent and he deserves the title.

You can tell by the look on his face that he knew he\'d made a big one. It was a poor moment, he won\'t do it again. I bet he\'s starting to wonder how he managed that consistency last year and can\'t replicate it this year, I know I am.

The conditions this year are totally different. Ferrari are a lot stronger than they where last year, McLaren are slightly weaker, and BMW are a lot closer. The conditions are just not there. Also, I think that he had some advantage with the fastest guys taking their time getting used to the new tyres.

Errr...I didn't get it. At least under Argentinian Laws, I will be responsible, so it is not a rebuttal of my post. I am confused.

With common sense I would admit that you were at the wrong place at the wrong time, but would be glad that I didn't run over the old lady for which I would have had to visit the court and prison, and call my vehicle insurance agent and advice you not not follow another vehicle so closely.

Last year it was a consistent year for a rookie and an inconsistent year for a 2xWDC. None of them were really consistent. Hamilton made two big mistakes (China and Brazil) while Kimi or Alonso made quite a few smaller mistakes but still too many for a consistent driver.

And this year only Kubica is consistent and he deserves the title.

Well I was comparing the beginning of the two seasons, Hammy's 9 podiums looks special now and such..

Kubica is at the moment most deserving of the title, but he is leading the championship.