Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Canadian Gp - Race

With common sense I would admit that you were at the wrong place at the wrong time, but would be glad that I didn't run over the old lady for which I would have had to visit the court and prison, and call my vehicle insurance agent and advice you not not follow another vehicle so closely.

You are so nice... :P

A bit disappointed for Mark today. Why didn't RBR change his strategy to a one stopper like D.Cs? Seeing where the Toyotas finished, I think he would have got some points if they did.

BTW congrates to D.C for the podium.

Lately I feel too unisnpired to post in the forums. But this thread is making me kind of mad, and Mr.Adamstrags will get the reply just because he was the last one to post something along the same lines as others.

1) No, it was no racing incident, unless we are willing to declare whatever occurs on a racetrack as a racing incident. (This one isn't for you, Adam) Racing incidents occurt when drivers are doing what they are supposed to, and some kind of bad luck gets in the way. Hamilton was driving recklessly, didn't notice the red light nor the guy in front of him and crashed. If that is not a stupid move, then I don't know what a stupid move is.

Good, because that has nothing to do with my post

2) No, it wasn't just another mistake from a big one so he can learn. Call me resented, but I still recall a long, bitter thread calling Alonso incompetent, at least, for his crash in Interlagos under yellow flags. That one was a breeze compared to this.

I didn't say that. The accident was foolish. What I posted was that i) it was an accident ii) he didn't deliberately choose to shunt kimi. I think both of those statments are completely valid. You are reading far more into my post than I actually wrote. I guess this comment isn't really for me either.

3) No, it does not mean that Lewis is a total failure. Big ones make big blunders, we can make a list. But the problem with Lewis is that hisbig moves over big blunders ratio is too low. He needs to focus more if he does not want to become just another pintoresque but ineffective driver.

That has nothing to do with my post

4) Nando, ahh so close. If it was a gearbox problem, then tough luck but great race. If he lost it, then we are witnessing yet another great driver, hampered by his personality issues. If the latter, then whatever I said to Hammy applies to Nando as well. Piquet, you are doomed. Too bad because I like your overtaking skills, pretty thrilling.

5) Wonderful Bob. Nothing else

6) Coulthard, Massa, Nick, Glock, Trulli et al. good job and the usual cheers.

7) Will try to get back my inspiration and stick around more...but there's too much childishness even for a childish old guy like me. Sorry.

Nor that, that, that or that.

Let me qualify my statement for you...

I actually think Hamilton deserves to get a penalty of some kind. The accident was a foolish error - the lights were plainly red. But it was indeed an uncalculated accident - that's really all I said.

Why quote my post and then talk about things totally irrelavant to it?

Never mind.

EDIT...

Errr...I didn't get it. At least under Argentinian Laws, I will be responsible, so it is not a rebuttal of my post. I am confused.

In this post (in reply to abbas_gear) - you make a completely valid point which I agree with. It's Hamilton's responsibility for accidently running into a parked car at a red light and he should receive the appropriate penalty.

Perhaps the first words of my post threw you off. I said "In Hamiltons defence" which perhaps made you think I am a rabid Hamilton fan who can't accept he did anything wrong. That's not the case. I was simply saying it was an accident in reply to others who had seen it as deliberate.

That doesn't make me a Hamilton apologist, only an objective F1 watcher.

Any how - like I said - great results for the championship - looking forward to France. :D

Good, because that has nothing to do with my post

I didn't say that. The accident was foolish. What I posted was that i) it was an accident ii) he didn't deliberately choose to shunt kimi. I think both of those statments are completely valid. You are reading far more into my post than I actually wrote. I guess this comment isn't really for me either.

That has nothing to do with my post

Nor that, that, that or that.

Let me qualify my statement for you...

I actually think Hamilton deserves to get a penalty of some kind. The accident was a foolish error - the lights were plainly red. But it was indeed an uncalculated accident - that's really all I said.

Why quote my post and then talk about things totally irrelavant to it?

Never mind.

EDIT...

In this post (in reply to abbas_gear) - you make a completely valid point which I agree with. It's Hamilton's responsibility for accidently running into a parked car at a red light and he should receive the appropriate penalty.

Perhaps the first words of my post threw you off. I said "In Hamiltons defence" which perhaps made you think I am a rabid Hamilton fan who can't accept he did anything wrong. That's not the case. I was simply saying it was an accident in reply to others who had seen it as deliberate.

That doesn't make me a Hamilton apologist, only an objective F1 watcher.

Any how - like I said - great results for the championship - looking forward to France. :D

:lol: Fair enough, I might have read too much into your post. On the other hand, you compensated by reading too much into mine. Are we even now?

For the record: I agree that Lewis accidentally ran into Kimi's car. I don't think he did it intentionally, I don't think that he chose who to crash with either, btw.

Regarding your post, I was not attacking you and yes, most of my post had nothing to do with yours, I do that all the time, don't worry.

What you did say, though, was that it was just part of Lewis education. And others would dismiss it as some sort of lesson for him to learn without any other consequences. Maybe you don't think so, and if such is the case then you can dismiss this post altogether. I am reasoning against that line of reasoning to the forum in general, if it is not what you meant, then sorry.

I don't think it is just a rookie mistake, or something to dismiss lightly. Or maybe it is, but then we should be equally fair with other drivers. Last year Nakajima was treated like almost a war criminal for his accident at Interlagos. Many members here would have lynched the guy with pleasure, the words "rookie mistake" were not too accepted at the moment for him. Same happened with Massa this year, and many others.

:lol: Fair enough, I might have read too much into your post. On the other hand, you compensated by reading too much into mine. Are we even now?

For the record: I agree that Lewis accidentally ran into Kimi's car. I don't think he did it intentionally, I don't think that he chose who to crash with either, btw.

Regarding your post, I was not attacking you and yes, most of my post had nothing to do with yours, I do that all the time, don't worry.

What you did say, though, was that it was just part of Lewis education. And others would dismiss it as some sort of lesson for him to learn without any other consequences. Maybe you don't think so, and if such is the case then you can dismiss this post altogether. I am reasoning against that line of reasoning to the forum in general, if it is not what you meant, then sorry.

I don't think it is just a rookie mistake, or something to dismiss lightly. Or maybe it is, but then we should be equally fair with other drivers. Last year Nakajima was treated like almost a war criminal for his accident at Interlagos. Many members here would have lynched the guy with pleasure, the words "rookie mistake" were not too accepted at the moment for him. Same happened with Massa this year, and many others.

Totally agree ;)

I think it's part of his education yes, but not "just" part of his education. I think it needs to be dealt with as would any similar mistake by any other driver - be they rookie or old-timer.

McLaren are slightly weaker,

Are we still going to keep hearing this, even after the last two races? Remember them, when Alonso's car was always inferior which automatically excused any mistakes by him?

Interesting, this is only the second time I can recall Lewis hitting anyone else from behind.

Yep, wrong both times. It's about time he stopped trusting his gaydar and ramming people from behind at random :P

Are we still going to keep hearing this, even after the last two races? Remember them, when Alonso\'s car was always inferior which automatically excused any mistakes by him?

I dont know because I never claimed that, I accept that fernando did not deserve the 2007 title. I also think that Ferrari do still have an advantage in race pace over McLaren, and they where clearly a whole lot stronger in the 4 races they won, with the exception of turkey probably too strong for McLaren. I agree that McLaren have gained a bit of speed since then, and are closer, but the performance of Ferrari, minus their melbourne blip was a lot better at the start of this season.

All I know for certain is that all 3 of the expected title protagonists, Lewis, Kimi, and Massa have had 3 no point scoring DNFs and neither of them can afford another. With his penalty in france, Lewis will probably only just about manage to get in the arse end of the points there, as it is not an easy track to pass on, and with the next 2 tracks historically being Ferrari dominated and probably more suitable to their car I believe he will probably slip a bit further behind.

Missed the 1st few laps which is typical cos I missed the Hamilton Kimi crash in the pits! Great race, congrats to Kubica & BMW Sauber, well done to Massa for climbing up loads of places & especially cos of that brilliant 2 place pass at the hairpin! Does anyone know why most cars brakes were being eroded?? DC supposedly had brake problems but managed to not crash into anyone & finish 3rd which is brilliant!! The Renaults had severe brake problems, 1st Piquet which actually wasn't his fault he retird then Alonso who was doing OK!

Yeah, gayest way of running I've ever seen :lol:

I thought that at the time when I was watching the race, but I thought I was just being cynical! :lol:

So Sutil does a gay run and Piquet does gay fighting. I'm sorry, but if you are actually going to hit somebody, at least do it properly. And what the hell was that little kick at the end for?? Who was that going to hurt ??? Geez :lol:

So Sutil does a gay run and Piquet does gay fighting. I'm sorry, but if you are actually going to hit somebody, at least do it properly. And what the hell was that little kick at the end for?? Who was that going to hurt ??? Geez :lol:

:lol:

Very balletic :D

Think Paul Tracy did fighting better :)

Very balletic :D

Think Paul Tracy did fighting better :)

I doubt it somehow. For some reason sportsmen these days (aside from boxers, of course) always fight like bunch of giggling schoolgirls :lol:

Edit: I looked for a vid and it looked promising, but it was no longer available :dam:

I doubt it somehow. For some reason sportsmen these days (aside from boxers, of course) always fight like bunch of giggling schoolgirls :lol:

Edit: I looked for a vid and it looked promising, but it was no longer available :dam:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...DLIGMiwKrhpTNDA