Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Idiot Of The Race

I think FiA... Arrraaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssss

Sorry for the orgasm.

:lol:

If you were truly sorry though, you'd clean up.

Of course you do know that all those having orgasms will still say the FIA favour Lewis, but they are just penalising him because they are penalising Rosberg! :lol:

Then make it a double......

I think it's a bit off for Rosberg to get a penalty...I mean he probably saw Kimi tootling off past the pit lane exit line and thought "time to go".

Or on the other hand, the lights are hard to see when behind another car, and the cars don't have brake lights, soooo...

But, certainly a "duh!" moment. Lewis was on a cracking pace prior, so would have been great to see him, Kimi and Kubi going for it after the re-start...I guess we shall have to wait for another race for that.

Funny how Lewis gets a 10 place grid penalty yet kimi gets nothing for crashing into Sutil.

I guess Lewis had to be penalised for his carelessness so he'll just have to driver faster and hope for better luck next time round. Must say it was a bit odd that Charlie Whiting chose to deploy the saftey car having first decided against it. Losing a 6.5 second lead and the long pitstop obviously flustered the young lad

Oh well, at least Lewis has the opportunity to fight for the WDC whereas nando is languishing mid pack and making unforced errors left right and centre.

Sh!t happens

;)

Another poor decision by the FIA to say the least. When every driving error someone makes can be called into question, it sets a dangerous precident. I feel sorry for both Lewis and Nico

That's a bit harsh of a penalty. :huh: Especially for Rosberg. Penalties should only be handed from delibarate crashes.

I thought they would get this penalty though.

Raikkonen took out Sutil by going on the wet and having no control - this is just a racing accident and can happen. Hamilton and Rosberg were careless and not paying attention. You see had they both been the first two out - they would have been disqualified for virtue of going past the red light at the end of the pitlane.

So I guess that cause Hamilton and Rosberg were careless they got the punishment. Although I dare say it might have gone unnoticed if it wasnt Kimi Hamilton hapened to hit. The other thing here is that Hamilton has a pit exit close to the end of the pits cause of Mosley, so he accelerates out wanting to go quickly. Ferrari cause of their "win" have one at the other end, same for BMW who were second in the championship. So both of those drivers have the whole pit straight to be told of the red light, and to slow down. Hamilton has only mere meters before he will have to brake, so he accelerates out the same as Raikkonen and Kubica, but cause of the shorter distance to the exit his braking distance is vastly increased. Thats the real issue here!

That's a bit harsh of a penalty. :huh: Especially for Rosberg. Penalties should only be handed from delibarate crashes.

1) How can you always prove this?

2)What if it was an obviously avoidable crash/ incident but for a "moment of insanity"???

Not defending Lewis here, but when things like this happen, and we are all given a reminder that he is in just his second season. I agree with the 10 place penalty for Lewis and Nico 100%.

Stupid incident, But my personal feeling is he chose Kimi after he knew he couldn't control so that it helps him in the championship

I don't think so, I think he saw some room on the left hand side, and thought just maybe he would be able to stop at an angle without hitting Kimi.

I think some drivers can make these split decisions, and Schumi is/was certainly one of them, but I don't believe that to be the case with Hammy here. Just my opinion on the matter.

Agree.

In Adelaide, Damon Hill was closing on him. No one else was. No one else was going to be champion other than Michael or Damon. It was clear. If Damon passed, Michael would lose. There's the motive to take out Damon. Michael had time to think

Jerez '97. Jaques is closing on Michael. No one else is going to be champion that year other than Michael or Jaques. Still, Jaques is closing. Michael has time to think. Time to calculate. Jaques makes his move, down the inside. Michael makes his move. Simple, calculated risk. It didn't pay off.

Michael had time to think.

Lewis had no time to think.

Anyone who believes Lewis decided to who to hit needs to stick to reading 'Heat' magazine and go for a girly gossip down the pub. F*cking morons.

Agree.

As for Kimi hitting or saying something sarcastic to Lewis, well as far as I'm concerned Kimi's calm pointing the lights was just complete class :lol:

Agree.

Harsh penalty? Red light means stop. Anybody would get the penalty even if they couldn't see the lights. What about the black flags last year? Those were right? Geez.

Ok, I will be merciful: let's imagine that Lewis didn't see those small red lights. Couldn't he see a big red car either? That also means stop. Oh, well.

The penalty is Ok. I agree, however, that those lights should be bigger, and that the pit opening under the safety car was chaotic, to say the least. It was calling for a disaster.

We can talk about the penalty seriously. I don't think FiA should have penalised Hamilton but I am not surprised either. It is the way FiA's been handing out penalties for ages. If you want to understand FiA you need imagination. Imagine Kimi and Kubica hadn't been there, Hamilton would have passed by the red light and would have been black flagged. Probably Kimi would have scored 10 points and Lewis would have scored none... That's the way FiA is looking at it. We can agree on that penalty or not but we should agree FiA is consistent with what they've done in the past.

Oh well, at least Lewis has the opportunity to fight for the WDC whereas nando is languishing mid pack and making unforced errors left right and centre.

:dam:

Another poor decision by the FIA to say the least. When every driving error someone makes can be called into question, it sets a dangerous precident. I feel sorry for both Lewis and Nico

I don't agree, it was poor driving and deserved a penalty simple as that. That sort of incident in the pitlane should be and was dealt with harshly. We can all be thankful that no one was hurt.

No one crashes delibarately as far as i'm aware................ or do they :lol:

I thought they would get this penalty though.

Raikkonen took out Sutil by going on the wet and having no control - this is just a racing accident and can happen. Hamilton and Rosberg were careless and not paying attention. You see had they both been the first two out - they would have been disqualified for virtue of going past the red light at the end of the pitlane.

So I guess that cause Hamilton and Rosberg were careless they got the punishment. Although I dare say it might have gone unnoticed if it wasnt Kimi Hamilton hapened to hit. The other thing here is that Hamilton has a pit exit close to the end of the pits cause of Mosley, so he accelerates out wanting to go quickly. Ferrari cause of their "win" have one at the other end, same for BMW who were second in the championship. So both of those drivers have the whole pit straight to be told of the red light, and to slow down. Hamilton has only mere meters before he will have to brake, so he accelerates out the same as Raikkonen and Kubica, but cause of the shorter distance to the exit his braking distance is vastly increased. Thats the real issue here!

Good post. The pit box location would have been a contributing factor yes. But the driver's need to take responsiblity and not have to be talked through everything everytime, once again it comes back to Lewis and Nico's relative inexperience. Would Rubens made such a mistake??? You can bet they won't do it again.

We can talk about the penalty seriously. I don't think FiA should have penalised Hamilton but I am not surprised either. It is the way FiA's been handing out penalties for ages. If you want to understand FiA you need imagination. Imagine Kimi and Kubica hadn't been there, Hamilton would have passed by the red light and would have been black flagged. Probably Kimi would have scored 10 points and Lewis would have scored none... That's the way FiA is looking at it. We can agree on that penalty or not but we should agree FiA is consistent with what they've done in the past.

:dam:

I think you have a point here. If Hamilton had come out ahead of KubI and Kimi- IE in the same order as they had entered into the pits, there is nothing to suggest that he could possible have done exactly what massa and fisi did last year....... Lewis ( I think- stand to be corrected) however it didnt sound like the team had told him to look out for the pit lane lights......

who knows - we could argue this all night and it still is a lot of Ifs and buts.....

I don\'t agree, it was poor driving and deserved a penalty simple as that. That sort of incident in the pitlane should be and was dealt with harshly. We can all be thankful that no one was hurt.

Penalties are meant to be imposed for reckless driving, not accidents and I do not believe Nico or Lewis where being reckless, I believe they got caught out.

Penalties are meant to be imposed for reckless driving, not accidents and I do not believe Nico or Lewis where being reckless, I believe they got caught out.

He was watching neither the cars in front of him nor the pit lights..... if he had he would have stopped or been black flagged anyway as he would have driven straight out under red.........

agree with the penalty......

The world is a very strange place when a thread attacking one driver has already got to 3 pages. The fact that the thread was started by a moderator makes it doubly so. Anyway, I'm sure Lewis will not be reading it so...

Carry on bitching

-_-

I'm sorry crashing in the pitlane is reckless. The drivers should be more careful when in pitlane.

The world is a very strange place when a thread attacking one driver has already got to 3 pages. The fact that the thread was started by a moderator makes it doubly so. Anyway, I'm sure Lewis will not be reading it so...

I never saw you saying those things when it is a similar thread about Alonso.

Hamilton's earned all the affection as you would say about Alonso.

;)

God save Kubica and BMW! B)

Carry on bitching

-_-

We can save our laughs a little later,

till then, let them Keep bitching!

Harsh penalty? Red light means stop. Anybody would get the penalty even if they couldnt see the lights. What about the black flags last year? Those were right? Geez

Driving out of the pitlane when you are right in front of the light is a totally different matter

Im sorry crashing in the pitlane is reckless. The drivers should be more careful when in pitlane.

Name me one driver who is gonna sit there and think to themself Maybe i ought to go more slowly than usual down the pitlane in case the lights are on or theres a stopped car at the end. Sorry, but it does not happen that way, by nature racing drivers are competitive and do not want to give away any more time than necessary, especially in a world where fractions of a second make the difference between winning and losing.

Bah come on Silver Arrows, Lewis had a brain fade today, admitting it ain't the end of the world. All drivers make these silly mistakes, he won't do it again.

Driving out of the pitlane when you are right in front of the light is a totally different matter

Why? Failing to see a red light is worse than failing to see two cars stopped in front of you? Hammy made a mistake. And he paid for it. End of story.

Name me one driver who is gonna sit there and think to themself Maybe i ought to go more slowly than usual down the pitlane in case the lights are on or theres a stopped car at the end. Sorry, but it does not happen that way, by nature racing drivers are competitive and do not want to give away any more time than necessary, especially in a world where fractions of a second make the difference between winning and losing.

That is precisely why penlaties and safety measures are there. So the guys don't go all berserk crashing against each other. Competitive is good. When it causes accidents it is bad. The fact that others might have done the same in his place is no excuse. Hypothetical negligence from other drivers does not excuse the actual negligence from him.