Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Idiot Of The Race

till now I though Hammy has problem with pits entrance (remember China 07) but now I realise he has big problems!

Last year won the "Idiot of the year award" and this year is in pole position to repeat it! Only Senna when was engaged with a black flagged Mansell in Spain and hit each other out of the race make a silly thing like this!!!

Driving out of the pitlane when you are right in front of the light is a totally different matter

Name me one driver who is gonna sit there and think to themself Maybe i ought to go more slowly than usual down the pitlane in case the lights are on or theres a stopped car at the end. Sorry, but it does not happen that way, by nature racing drivers are competitive and do not want to give away any more time than necessary, especially in a world where fractions of a second make the difference between winning and losing.

I don't know, but I would think Hamilton would be smart enough to know that you have to watch for the pit lights, especially with that happened last year here. Its quite simple in my mind, one eye looking for cars darting out of the boxes from the left and one eye looking at the lights to the right.

and its not like he is driving a 12 ton semi on the highway at 70 mph, he is driving an F1 car in the pits doing 80 km/h, that 50 mph! If an average F1 car can decelerate from 100-0 km/h (62-0 mph) in about 17 meters (55 ft) I find it very odd that Hamilton cant stop his car from 80 km/h in the pit lane without using another car as help.

all in all, it was his fault for just not doing what a driver should be doing in a situation like that and so became a reckless

I never saw you saying those things when it is a similar thread about Alonso.

Hamilton's earned all the affection as you would say about Alonso.

;)

God save Kubica and BMW! B)

Alehop, I don't waste my time bitching about multi-millionaire F1 drivers. Jealousy/Hatred, IMHO, is a wasted emotion so I don't bother with it. I genuinely do not dislike any driver on the grid as I'm of the opinion that you can't dislike an individual if you don't know them personally or if they haven't done anything of consequence wrong. When all is said and done F1 is about driving not about hatred or taking the p!ss out of drivers that have 10 times the talent of any of us on here.

Lewis fcuked up and will have to pay for it twice. Kubica won the race and now leads the WDC - surely, that is the story of the day

:blink:

The world is a very strange place when a thread attacking one driver has already got to 3 pages.

Wow? Really? A thread attacking a driver? ON totalf1? Good heavens. Waht a sad day :(

Alehop, I don't waste my time bitching about multi-millionaire F1 drivers. Jealousy/Hatred, IMHO, is a wasted emotion so I don't bother with it. I genuinely do not dislike any driver on the grid as I'm of the opinion that you can't dislike an individual if you don't know them personally or if they haven't done anything of consequence wrong. When all is said and done F1 is about driving not about hatred or taking the p!ss out of drivers that have 10 times the talent of any of us on here.

Lovely feelings.

Unfortunately, you are not like that as much as you think you are.

Oh well, at least Lewis has the opportunity to fight for the WDC whereas nando is languishing mid pack and making unforced errors left right and centre.

Don't bother explaining why that one wasn't a bitter post against Nando. Because, frankly, I am sure that me and everybody else saw it that way.

Lovely feelings.

Unfortunately, you are not like that as much as you think you are.

Don't bother explaining why that one wasn't a bitter post against Nando. Because, frankly, I am sure that me and everybody else saw it that way.

It was just a retaliatory comment. I don't dislike Nando nor do I dislike anyone on this forum as I don't take things personally unless personally attacked.

You can believe me if you want, either way I'm not bothered.

Name me one driver who is gonna sit there and think to themself Maybe i ought to go more slowly than usual down the pitlane in case the lights are on or theres a stopped car at the end. Sorry, but it does not happen that way, by nature racing drivers are competitive and do not want to give away any more time than necessary, especially in a world where fractions of a second make the difference between winning and losing.

We are not talking about the speed here or asking drivers to drive down the pitlane like Nanna's, what we are saying is that Lewis wasn't paying attention and wrecked not only his race but the race of another innocent driver. He should have been paying attention and wasn't.

Bah come on Silver Arrows, Lewis had a brain fade today, admitting it ain't the end of the world. All drivers make these silly mistakes, he won't do it again.

Agree, you can bet your last dollar / pound / euro that he will concentrate that little bit harder whilst in the pitlane in future.

Lewis fcuked up and will have to pay for it twice. Kubica won the race and now leads the WDC - surely, that is the story of the day

:thbup:

It was just a retaliatory comment. I don't dislike Nando nor do I dislike anyone on this forum as I don't take things personally unless personally attacked.

It's ok. I don't dislike you either :P

But I just couldn't resist the temptation. Sorry.

Ok, I believe you don't dislike Alonso. I don't like Hamilton but I don't hate him either. I could go on and on about why I don't like him and why... If he won this year it would have extra value after all the hassle. Nando would have extra credit if he finished 5th this year, that's the way it works.

I don't like you :P (Seems like a good time to say it)

So we both feel the same way about each other. Ain't it cool? :P

(You know you love me, admit it)

I don\'t know, but I would think Hamilton would be smart enough to know that you have to watch for the pit lights, especially with that happened last year here. Its quite simple in my mind, one eye looking for cars darting out of the boxes from the left and one eye looking at the lights to the right.

and its not like he is driving a 12 ton semi on the highway at 70 mph, he is driving an F1 car in the pits doing 80 km/h, that 50 mph! If an average F1 car can decelerate from 100-0 km/h (62-0 mph) in about 17 meters (55 ft) I find it very odd that Hamilton cant stop his car from 80 km/h in the pit lane without using another car as help.

all in all, it was his fault for just not doing what a driver should be doing in a situation like that and so became a reckless

Vision is key in F1, and he clearly couldn\'t see them. Lewis, like all F1 drivers is only human, and he can only react to what he saw in front of him. Evidently, he also never got any warning from the team.

Bah come on Silver Arrows, Lewis had a brain fade today, admitting it ain\'t the end of the world. All drivers make these silly mistakes, he won\'t do it again.

I am not debating that it may have been a Mistake, I just feel the penalty is extremely harsh

Vision is key in F1, and he clearly couldn\'t see them. Lewis, like all F1 drivers is only human, and he can only react to what he saw in front of him. Evidently, he also never got any warning from the team.

does he really need help from the team on that though. its the pit lane. There are cars left, right and center, literally. And two drivers were black flaged last year, is it too much to ask from the top 22 drivers in the world that they can look out for a traffic signal telling them to stop without the team telling them too.

I am getting a vibe from you you don't hold Hami very high when it comes to mental capacity the way you are explaining it.

???? Then where was he looking?? He couldn't notice to large F1 cars infront of him????

???? Then where was he looking?? He couldn't notice to large F1 cars infront of him????

to give him credit, F1 cars are pretty small. I was standing next to one of the BMWs in Munich in the BMW museum and its about as big as a small compact car. :lol:

Indeed. It hands Kimi the championship on a platter. Shame.

What about Hungary '07?

Shame!

;)

to give him credit, F1 cars are pretty small. I was standing next to one of the BMWs in Munich in the BMW museum and its about as big as a small compact car. :lol:

:P

They're small but would look like giants to ickle lewis :P:P:P

Seriously though.... they not that small when you are sitting and inch off the floor and its in your line of sight....

does he really need help from the team on that though. its the pit lane. There are cars left, right and center, literally. And two drivers were black flaged last year, is it too much to ask from the top 22 drivers in the world that they can look out for a traffic signal telling them to stop without the team telling them too.

I am getting a vibe from you you don't hold Hami very high when it comes to mental capacity the way you are explaining it.

It seems to me you are taking the high moral ground here. My guess is Lewis was focusing on the cars ahead rather than the lights and, as Kimi braked late, he perhaps thought Kubica had a problem and was following Kimi. Yes he should be more diligent, but HE MADE A MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you perfect?

Is anyone perfect?

How often is the red light at pit exit during a race

How often are 2 cars lying abreast at the pit exit?

Will he pay for his mistake?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Move on

-_-

What about Hungary '07?

Shame!

;)

You're confused, Hungary 07 was more like Monaco 06. Cold calculated cheating as opposed to monumental stupidity.

You're confused, Hungary 07 was more like Monaco 06. Cold calculated cheating as opposed to monumental stupidity.

Glad to see you admit Alonso is able to stay cold and calculate something. :D

BTW, where that monumental stupidity comes from? I mean, who? :rolleyes:

I am getting a vibe from you you dont hold Hami very high when it comes to mental capacity the way you are explaining it.

It is called a mistake, and drivers make them all the time. Oddly enough though, you didnt slam Kimi when he made his 2 weeks ago. I wonder why :eusa_think:

???? Then where was he looking?? He couldnt notice to large F1 cars infront of him????

No, he couldnt see the lights, and them breaking took him by surprise

Ok, it was a mistake but he is not the first driver (and no the last one for sure) that gets a penalty after a mistake like that. I think he'll survive all this. His life was ruined after three or four races and Kimi was leading, then Hamilton bounced back and Kimi shrunk. Massa was looking for a new team and now he's #1 in Ferrari. Kubica is happy today but tomorrow... ;)

It's been worse for Alonso and Renault but they'll finish on podium. :o

It is called a mistake, and drivers make them all the time. Oddly enough though, you didnt slam Kimi when he made his 2 weeks ago. I wonder why :euas_think:

No, he couldnt see the lights, and them breaking took him by surprise

I thought they were stationery before he hit kimi????