Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Cav Would Love This...

McLaren team members on Sunday afternoon officially accepted Lewis Hamilton's penalty for crashing into the stationary Kimi Raikkonen in the pitlane at Montreal.

Stewards ruled that the 23-year-old pole sitter and former championship leader caused an avoidable crash and, along with Nico Rosberg, will demote him ten places down the Magny Cours grid in two weeks.

"It was a serious mistake from Hamilton and I think the penalty imposed by the FIA is in line with it, even if it does not restore what was a lost opportunity for us," Ferrari chief Stefano Domenicali said.

But despite some media reports quoting chief executive Martin Whitmarsh as declaring the punishment "severe", team members had more conciliatory tones in the post-race media document.

"It's just unfortunate when stuff like this happens, but I have no argument with the stewards," Hamilton said.

Team boss Ron Dennis, however, came closer to disagreeing with the penalty, playing down the incident as "just one of those things".

"The plain fact is that Lewis didn't realise that the cars in front of him were coming to a halt until too late," he said.

"It's difficult for a driver to decide whether to focus on the lights or on the cars ahead in situations like that. Having said that, we accept the stewards' decision," Dennis added.

World champion Raikkonen, however, dismissed comparisons of the incident with his shunt into Adrian Sutil at Monaco two weeks ago.

"It's one thing to make a mistake at 200kph but another to hit a car stopped at a red light," the Finn insisted.

Source

********************************************************************************

It's difficult for a driver to decide whether to focus on the lights or on the cars ahead in situations like that.

The lights were red. The cars ahead were stopped. So I guess what Ron means is that Hammy was focused in neither? :unsure:

"It's difficult for a driver to decide whether to focus on the lights or on the cars ahead in situations like that. Having said that, we accept the stewards' decision," Dennis added.

I can't believe this dribble! The point is Ronnie boy, had the driver been paying attention or focusing on either one (lights or cars ahead) in this situation, there would not have been a crash.

No Ronnie boy it is not difficult, everyone else does it fine. It will be interesting if someone (some anti-Lewis fanatic) can dig up what he said after Montoya did the same 3 years ago.

Ron Dennis confirmed to me that the team told Lewis to watch out for the pit lane exit light being red, but his mind was on the fact that a slow stop had meant both Raikkonen and Kubica had got in front of him and he was set to rejoin third.

:lol: Reminds me of the Sato incident a while ago :lol:

Really, can't help but laugh at Hamilton, after his supreme arrogance after qualifying. He has been superseded as the best driver on the grid by some plumber who on a race or something.

I can't believe this dribble! The point is Ronnie boy, had the driver been paying attention or focusing on either one (lights or cars ahead) in this situation, there would not have been a crash.

Actually, how come everybody missed the fact that Raikkonen was trying to race Kubica in the pitlane? What was he planning to do after the red light went off - a drag race? a repeat of the race start?? Can anybody explain to me what is Raikkonen trying to do lately?

Actually, how come everybody missed the fact that Raikkonen was trying to race Kubica in the pitlane? What was he planning to do after the red light went off - a drag race? a repeat of the race start??

I thought the same thing at the time. I was wondering who had right of way there as kimi came out just as kubi went past and neither wanted to give way and line up properly.

Rules state that drivers should line up one after the other at the pit lane exit, not side by side.

Would have been interesting when the lights went green had kimi still been in one piece.

I would imagine that kimi might have been penalised - as kubi was coming past when kimi pulled out of his pit (thus it would have been kubi's right of way????) - not sure.

It's all hypothetical now though - I bet the stewards are glad they didn't have to make that call.

No Ronnie boy it is not difficult, everyone else does it fine. It will be interesting if someone (some anti-Lewis fanatic) can dig up what he said after Montoya did the same 3 years ago.

"Oh for ****ing freaks frigging sake you hamburger loving, cataract afflicted, oval boffoon! Why don't you just keep on driving that frigging car south now that you're running freaking red lights and p**s on off to some fifth tier oval track redneck racing called I-can't-see-red-lights-CAR."

I cannot remember what Ron said about Montoya, but he could have no excuse because he was the only car in the pit lane when he committed his error.

If the team did warn Lewis, the only question I have was did the warning come quickly enough. The team are evidently saying it did, and if that is indeed the change I should change my assessment of it, maybe lewis did indeed deserve it (even so I still think it is hard on Rosberg because he was just caught out).

The whole racing in the pitlane argument is a poor attempt to deflect the attention away from a crazy error from Hamilton. There has long been racing in the pitlane and they have to ignore it in this case as they have ignored it so many times before. During the fuel burn phase of qualifying, cars started to line up side by side, so again no excuse.

If Hamilton can only focus on the racing in front and nothing else (let alone the fact they were stationery) then how on earth does he concentrate when say overtaking fighting backmarkers at full racing speed? I haven't noticed him forgetting there is a corner and therefore to steer around it or that he has to brake, but perhaps he has.

Blah so..many..threads..discussing..something..so..simple. All of you pipedown.

Careful you don't fall from that incredible height.

Indeed! It's fair to say that this forum is no longer an F1 forum it is more an anti lewis forum - Kubica wins his maiden gp, but the overwhelming interest is on hamilton and what he should or shouldn't have done - the emotion of jealousy is rife among some that one would expect to know better. Is Lewis really that important in some posters lives?

He is 4 points off the lead and we are only 1/3 of the way through the season, yet most seem to be dancing on his grave. Complacency was his mistake last weekend and it will be the mistake of many of his haters on here.

You shouldn't be offended! :D

I wasn't. I was just considering the health and safety; a risk assessment should be conducted from time to time.

Correction:

Indeed! Its fair to say that this forum is no longer an F1 forum it is more an anti lewis and Alonso forum - Kubica wins his maiden gp, but the overwhelming interest is on hamilton and what he should or shouldnt have done - the emotion of jealousy is rife among some that one would expect to know better. Is Lewis really that important in some posters lives?

He is 4 points off the lead and we are only 1/3 of the way through the season, yet most seem to be dancing on his grave. Complacency was his mistake last weekend and it will be the mistake of many of his haters on here.

I wasn't. I was just considering the health and safety; a risk assessment should be conducted from time to time.

Ahh that's OK then :)

Your services might be needed in one of them gun threads..

Indeed! It's fair to say that this forum is no longer an F1 forum it is more an anti lewis forum - Kubica wins his maiden gp, but the overwhelming interest is on hamilton and what he should or shouldn't have done - the emotion of jealousy is rife among some that one would expect to know better. Is Lewis really that important in some posters lives?

It is anti Lewis as much as anti Max. As much as anti Fiarrari. As much as anti Alonso...

If Albers had crashed so stupidly into Lewis many would be asking for blood... And rightly so! If Sato had done that idiotic maneuvre many would vote for a long term ban... And rightly so!

I do not feel this forum is Anti Max or Anti Ferrari. The biggest majority of the users are Ferrari fans or Raikkonen fans, and I have seen just as much support for Max from the members here as I have seen against him. Most Ferrari fans dont actually hate Lewis, you will find that Ferrari fans feel it as being necessary to bitch about all of their opponents regardless of whom they are.

Actually, how come everybody missed the fact that Raikkonen was trying to race Kubica in the pitlane? What was he planning to do after the red light went off - a drag race? a repeat of the race start?? Can anybody explain to me what is Raikkonen trying to do lately?

They leave the box at the same time. They are limited to the same speed. They both cover the same ground at the same time. They are racing drivers; they don not want to conceed. They are racing drivers. I think Raikkonen is trying to win the world championship. What the hell is he thinking? Crazy fool. Everyone knows he should have let Kubica through. It's unpolite to be competitive, as a world champion.

Kimi, you are pretty. Give the ugly bloke a break.

There. I'm sure that's what happened.

If the team did warn Lewis, the only question I have was did the warning come quickly enough. The team are evidently saying it did, and if that is indeed the change I should change my assessment of it, maybe lewis did indeed deserve it (even so I still think it is hard on Rosberg because he was just caught out).

:roll:

Some people are now suggesting that it may be the only option for Lewis to hold his own penis whilst urinating. It's harsh. There are people in the team who should be doing this sort of stuff for him. He shouldn't have to think for himself or hold his own tackle.

Indeed. My pipe is at half volume.

I do not feel this forum is Anti Max or Anti Ferrari. The biggest majority of the users are Ferrari fans or Raikkonen fans, and I have seen just as much support for Max from the members here as I have seen against him. Most Ferrari fans dont actually hate Lewis, you will find that Ferrari fans feel it as being necessary to bitch about all of their opponents regardless of whom they are.

:roll: You are just non stop. Call the comedy store in London. I'm sure they'd find you a slot.

It is anti Lewis as much as anti Max. As much as anti Fiarrari. As much as anti Alonso...

If Albers had crashed so stupidly into Lewis many would be asking for blood... And rightly so! If Sato had done that idiotic maneuvre many would vote for a long term ban... And rightly so!

:lol: It's true! Well, Lewis clearly has a lot more going for him than the others you mention, but he was really stupid. He needs to cut out these stupid mistakes. The only silver lining is that he managed to take out Kimi as well. Damage limitation, in a sense. At the end of the day it worked out not too bad for him: Kubica and Massa are no threat for the WDC, only Kimi.

Some people are now suggesting that it may be the only option for Lewis to hold his own penis whilst urinating. It\'s harsh. There are people in the team who should be doing this sort of stuff for him. He shouldn\'t have to think for himself or hold his own tackle.

I never said that at any point, but there are some things that Drivers need warnings about.

You are just non stop. Call the comedy store in London. I\'m sure they\'d find you a slot.

And you are an arrogant, pretentious jerk that clearly needs to get a life that does not revolve around insulting and threatening people on the internet. I would never imagine myself saying this to someone a lot older than I am, but grow the fudge up.

I never said that at any point, but there are some things that Drivers need warnings about.

There are plenty more things that a driver should be doing for himself. Hamilton's outward suggestion that the team did not tell him about the light, apart from now proving to be untrue, speaks volumes about his capacity to apportion self blame.

And you are an arrogant, pretentious jerk that clearly needs to get a life that does not revolve around insulting and threatening people on the internet. I would never imagine myself saying this to someone a lot older than I am, but grow the fudge up.

Ooh, i have caught another sprat. The water is great here.

I think maybe Kimi didn't see the red light until the last second and had to swerve to the left to avoid hitting Kubi. Perhaps if he had stopped behind Kubi, Hamilton would have had an "escape route". The Hammy would've run the red light and had to do a penalty. Who knows.