Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Cav Would Love This...

I would actually have found it quite funny if everyone had stopped there patiently apart from Hamilton racing off around an almost empty track.

There are plenty more things that a driver should be doing for himself. Hamilton\'s outward suggestion that the team did not tell him about the light, apart from now proving to be untrue, speaks volumes about his capacity to apportion self blame.

Funny that, I have seen Lewis take the blame when he genuinely feels he was at fault, like when he hit Alonso in Malaysia for example.

Oh I'd throw him back into the pond if I were you, he's only a baby fishy with a tiny winky :)

Okay, will do, you prize winning trout.

Funny that, I have seen Lewis take the blame when he genuinely feels he was at fault, like when he hit Alonso in Malaysia for example.

Well denying that one would have been like saying his Dad is a careful driver too.

They leave the box at the same time. They are limited to the same speed. They both cover the same ground at the same time. They are racing drivers; they don not want to conceed. They are racing drivers. I think Raikkonen is trying to win the world championship. What the hell is he thinking? Crazy fool. Everyone knows he should have let Kubica through. It's unpolite to be competitive, as a world champion.

Kimi, you are pretty. Give the ugly bloke a break.

There. I'm sure that's what happened.

Yup, you are right. Kimi is A pretty (drunk) guy. Like lewis, he should have an automatic right of way (gee, he IS WDC!). I may be crazy, but I thought you are not allowed to impede progress of drivers in the pit lane. He left his pit when Kubica was even with him. BUT, because Kimi is WDC and Kubica is (in your opinion) ugly, Kubica should slam on the brakes, bow to his superior opponent, and let him in. In fact, Kubica should have pull over and let both boy- gods get by, so they can race in peace.

Alternatively, kimi should have raced Kubica (on foot) to the podium - I mean, this is all racing right? Oh, wait, why stop at 2 hr mark? let's race for 24-hr!

AND, I believe both Kimi amd Hamilton, as boy-gods, should be exempted from ANY FIA rules for the sake of racing...

OH, GIVE ME AN EFFING BRAKE!!!!!!!!!

Hamilton's outward suggestion that the team did not tell him about the light, apart from now proving to be untrue, speaks volumes about his capacity to apportion self blame.

Wrong!

Lewis admitted immediately that the team had indeed told him about the red light, but as he said, it was too late. The suggestion that the team hadn't told him came from the ITV commentators.

Yup, you are right. Kimi is A pretty (drunk) guy. Like lewis, he should have an automatic right of way (gee, he IS WDC!). I may be crazy, but I thought you are not allowed to impede progress of drivers in the pit lane. He left his pit when Kubica was even with him. BUT, because Kimi is WDC and Kubica is (in your opinion) ugly, Kubica should slam on the brakes, bow to his superior opponent, and let him in. In fact, Kubica should have pull over and let both boy- gods get by, so they can race in peace.

Alternatively, kimi should have raced Kubica (on foot) to the podium - I mean, this is all racing right? Oh, wait, why stop at 2 hr mark? let's race for 24-hr!

AND, I believe both Kimi amd Hamilton, as boy-gods, should be exempted from ANY FIA rules for the sake of racing...

minus 10 for not actually getting what Drib is implying

You say you've been watching F1 since 1973, yet you come across as a clueless gibbering old f%^& - Kubica won the race, his maiden F1 victory yet you are harping on about who should have right of way on an F1 track.

I really have given up hope on you man!

:rolleyes:

If you rise to the bait so easily, you just make it easy for people to push buttons. The best thing is to have no buttons anyone can push :)

You're not allowed to overtake in the pitlane. However if the light is red, you can queue up next to another driver, iirc.

How can you overtake in the pitlane if both drivers are limited to the same speed

:eusa_think:

I suppose one can be on speed while the other had just accelerated... you just had to throw that question in did'nt you! :lol:

I suppose one can be on speed while the other had just accelerated... you just had to throw that question in did'nt you! :lol:

Or if somebody's limiter is faulty and they are slower than the max speed for that particular pit lane?

You cant' overtake under the safety car anyway.

Does that mean there's no rule, remember they are not on track following the safety car.

It means that because Lewis was ahead of Kimi when they pitted, he must exit ahead of Kimi, regardless if he pits for longer....

Does that mean there's no rule, remember they are not on track following the safety car.

It means that because Lewis was ahead of Kimi when they pitted, he must exit ahead of Kimi, regardless if he pits for longer....

I am sure there must be a rule, but I can't find one on a quick search. It may well come under the SC rule, as Cav says.

I am sure there must be a rule, but I can't find one on a quick search. It may well come under the SC rule, as Cav says.

now where's the ferret when you need him??? :lol:

No going past a car stationary in its pit garage is not overtaking.

No going past a car stationary in its pit garage is not overtaking.

now this confuses things even more for me personally. Kimi and Kubica gained positions because of where there garages are in relation to Lewis maybe together with lighter fuel loads. They are coming out in a position ahead of him, they effectively overtake him, while they all had to be stationary.....

I'm not trying to be an arse, I'm learning along the way....

now this confuses things even more for me personally. Kimi and Kubica gained positions because of where there garages are in relation to Lewis maybe together with lighter fuel loads. They are coming out in a position ahead of him, they effectively overtake him, while they all had to be stationary.....

Well, there is definitely a rule under SC periods about allowing to overtake when somebody pits, along with a few other cirumstances/exceptions.

Ok Brad let's work this out. If the cars enter the pit in order, have the EXACT same pitstop (time) they WILL exit in the same order. Lewis led the front runners into the pit area, but his stop was longer than both Kimi & Bob hence he exited behind them - Bob & Kimi's were marginal, probably near identical hence the reason Bob exited ahead of Kimi and in the order that he entered the pit. I think Lewis was just as confused as you hence the reason why he crashed.

:lol:;)