Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

Miller: Indycar

Miller has it right.

I'd love to say I agree with Miller, because I usually do. Personally, I would like to see a 12 and 12 split of ovals and non-ovals, but you can't always cater to people who want to see CART again. What the IRL has to do is attract the fans who've had enough of NASCAR and are ready to leave. The fact is, if the IRL could take 10% of NASCAR's fanbase, they'd be thriving. The IRL needs to realize NASCAR is about to crash, and there are many fans (like myself) who have found better ways to spend their Sunday afternoons. If the IRL wants to solidify itself as the leading alternative to NASCAR for American racing fans, it needs to go 12-8 or 13-7. While 80% ovals is way too much, but a few extra ovals never hurt anyone. A good oval (and not Motegi) provides really entertaining racing, and ovals just appeal to the common American fan. I don't think the series should have major oval bias, but I really don't think it'd hurt to have a few more ovals than road courses, especially with the Dallara. Face it, the Dallara at Road America would be embarrassing and disappointing.