Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Fuel Prices - Compare The Countries

I didn't realise sierra Leone was that expensive, bloody hell...

Our fuel is too expensive, 15 years ago it was only about 45p

Call me if you reach Tehran.

*dribbler gets to Tehran and picks up phone to call Shaliq*

Hey mate, what's up? Did you wnat me to pick you up a McAlsatian meal?

What about Diesel and gas?

I am thinking about converting my hilux 2 gas there a 1.00 difference and u get a govt rebate

what do you's bro's think of this shocking revelation?

BTW Im back

What about Diesel and gas?

I am thinking about converting my hilux 2 gas there a 1.00 difference and u get a govt rebate

what do you's bro's think of this shocking revelation?

BTW Im back

*dribbler gets to Tehran and picks up phone to call Shaliq*

Hey mate, what's up? Did you wnat me to pick you up a McAlsatian meal?

:lol: , no You are in North Korea! You get Kebabs here! :P

BTW Im back

You've had more come backs than Staus Quo.

(edit) I meant Status Quo. Staus Quo are probably a German tribute band.

More comebacks than Nigel Mansell

lol

With the rising prices of fuel i thought i would post the prices of fuel of various countries around the world.

All prices are using US Dollars and per Litre.

Iran - $0.11

Saudi Arabia - $0.12

Egypt - $0.32

UAE - $0.38

Mexico - $0.62

Indonesia - $0.65

North Korea - $0.71

China - $0.74

Russia - $1.05

United States - $1.07

South Africa - $1.23

India - $1.36

Canada - $1.45

Australia - $1.48

Japan - $1.54

Brazil - $1.59

Singapore - $1.60

New Zealand - $1.62

Greece - $1.95

Israel - $2.10

France - $2.13

United Kingdom - $2.26

Italy - $2.32

Finland - $2.35

Portugal - $2.35

Germany - $2.43

Netherlands - $2.67

Norway - $2.74

Sierra Leone - $4.87

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_usag...round_the_world

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to know why some countries are getting dirt cheap petrol while others are paying through the nose.

Croatia $2.05

I read in Top Gear magazine they have a green-o-meter & at the bottom it said that in Venezuela you can fill up a Mercedes ML500 for 75p in British sterling! Not good for the environment but damn that's cheap, probably 100 in Venezuelan currency!

At least your Ethanol is sugar cane and sort of makes sense. American Ethanol doesn't for 300000 reasons I've flogged to death.

What really annoys me in Australia is that we are one of the biggest producers of sugar in the world (per capita atleast) and the sugar industry would love nothing more than to start producing mass amounts of Ethanol but for some reason the government wont fund it. It wouldnt be hard to copy what Brazil has done (which is brilliant) but our government just couldnt be bothered.

Top 10 sugar producers in the world

1. Brazil (30 million tons)

2. European Union (22 million tons)

3. India (20 million tons)

4. China (10 million tons)

5. United States (7 million tons)

6. Mexico (6 million tons)

7. South Africa (5.7 million tons)

8. Australia (5.4 million tons)

9. Thailand (5 million tons)

10. Russia (2.7 million tons)

Top producers that also export the highest percentage of their sugar production are Australia (76%), Brazil (59%), Thailand (52%) and the European Union (37%). In contrast, India and Mexico each export just over 5% while China, U.S. and Russia do not sell processed sugar to foreign markets.

Tpp 10 sugar exporters

1. Brazil

What really annoys me in Australia is that we are one of the biggest producers of sugar in the world (per capita atleast) and the sugar industry would love nothing more than to start producing mass amounts of Ethanol but for some reason the government wont fund it. It wouldnt be hard to copy what Brazil has done (which is brilliant) but our government just couldnt be bothered.

Top 10 sugar producers in the world

1. Brazil (30 million tons)

2. European Union (22 million tons)

3. India (20 million tons)

4. China (10 million tons)

5. United States (7 million tons)

6. Mexico (6 million tons)

7. South Africa (5.7 million tons)

8. Australia (5.4 million tons)

9. Thailand (5 million tons)

10. Russia (2.7 million tons)

Just a quick question for you. Why does the government need to be the ones funding the ethanol production?

Just a quick question for you. Why does the government need to be the ones funding the ethanol production?

Its not so much funding but more to do with legislation. Currently i think there is a law in place which limits the percentage of ethanol allowed in unleaded petrol.

Its not so much funding but more to do with legislation. Currently i think there is a law in place which limits the percentage of ethanol allowed in unleaded petrol.

From what I've seen you can only run a normal engine on a blend of 10% or less of ethanol. Thats what you can buy just about anywhere, in the states at least. I don't buy it though. Id rather spend a couple of percent more per gallon when I can get 14% getter fuel mileage out of my vehicle. There are a few e85 (85% ethanol) vehicles but I've only seen one e85 station, And I'm in the middle of the corn belt.

From what I've seen you can only run a normal engine on a blend of 10% or less of ethanol. Thats what you can buy just about anywhere, in the states at least. I don't buy it though. Id rather spend a couple of percent more per gallon when I can get 14% getter fuel mileage out of my vehicle. There are a few e85 (85% ethanol) vehicles but I've only seen one e85 station, And I'm in the middle of the corn belt.

To make car able to run with just ethanol doesn

A friend of mine is a geologist and studies show that :

OIL RESERVES WILL RUN OUT IN 50 YEARS (at the current rate of production)

This is NO joke!!!!

What's wrong with the idea of bio fuels? They are renewable? Are you suggesting it's bad because there are starving people in the world?

In my opinion - everyday - millions of joules of power hits the earth (from the sun) and is not captured. Are we stupid or what?

Converting food into fuel is the worst idea in the world. Probably a close next to the invention of the atom bomb.

Converting food into fuel is the worst idea in the world. Probably a close next to the invention of the atom bomb.

Sugar isn't necessarily a food per se. Sugar Ethanol makes more sense than corn ethanol.

The invention of the atom bomb wasn't a bad thing, per se.

A friend of mine is a geologist and studies show that :

OIL RESERVES WILL RUN OUT IN 50 YEARS (at the current rate of production)

About 35 years ago they were saying that oil was going to run out in 30 years.... (just as seriously).

Anyway in 50 years I'll either be dead or so blind/deaf that I won't be able to drive anyway! :D

About 35 years ago they were saying that oil was going to run out in 30 years.... (just as seriously).

Anyway in 50 years I'll either be dead or so blind/deaf that I won't be able to drive anyway! :D

Yeah, let the kids deal with it! :ph34r:

At least your Ethanol is sugar cane and sort of makes sense. American Ethanol doesn't for 300000 reasons I've flogged to death.

Price is going up about $0.02/gallon every day around here. It was $4.09 9/10 today. It could hit $6.00 by the end of 2008. Probably will. I pity the 16 year old who just got his or her permit and doesn't have a job.

Race fuel, on the other hand, is $8.50/gallon, which really sucks. It's made racing impossible for me to do anymore. Not like being a spectator is a bad thing.

Thanks Eric, that means a lot!

You should all stop worrying about the fuel, it'll all work out in the end, trust me.