Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Fuel Prices - Compare The Countries

With the rising prices of fuel i thought i would post the prices of fuel of various countries around the world.

All prices are using US Dollars and per Litre.

Iran - $0.11

Saudi Arabia - $0.12

Egypt - $0.32

UAE - $0.38

Mexico - $0.62

Indonesia - $0.65

North Korea - $0.71

China - $0.74

Russia - $1.05

United States - $1.07

South Africa - $1.23

India - $1.36

Canada - $1.45

Australia - $1.48

Japan - $1.54

Brazil - $1.59

Singapore - $1.60

New Zealand - $1.62

Greece - $1.95

Israel - $2.10

France - $2.13

United Kingdom - $2.26

Italy - $2.32

Finland - $2.35

Portugal - $2.35

Germany - $2.43

Netherlands - $2.67

Norway - $2.74

Sierra Leone - $4.87

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_usag...round_the_world

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to know why some countries are getting dirt cheap petrol while others are paying through the nose.

For us UKers, it is purely due to the duties and tax that the govt imposes.

I did read somewhere a while ago that we actually have the cheapeast or one of the cheapest prices before the govt adds its wedge.

I did read somewhere a while ago that we actually have the cheapeast or one of the cheapest prices before the govt adds its wedge.

Esp. when you consider that we, like most of the countries at the top of that table are oil producers.... :(

Esp. when you consider that we, like most of the countries at the top of that table are oil producers.... :(

Yep, indeedy.

I feel really,really sorry for sierra leone and Darfur among others.They are currently going through economic depravity,starvation as a result of this..............Plese help them God. Others who want to help please donate to the international red cross. if you're wondering about me i'm currently broke but once i get my hospital project funding(god-willing) the first thing i do will be that.

I'm currently paying $4.39 per gallon with almost .70 going to the government, USD of course. The price is going up on avg. .30-.40 cents per month around here and it's not uncomin to see a jump of .10 a day.

I'm currently paying $4.39 per gallon with almost .70 going to the government, USD of course. The price is going up on avg. .30-.40 cents per month around here and it's not uncomin to see a jump of .10 a day.

I dream of petrol being that cheap - dollar equivalent of petrol price in UK is around $10.80 for gallon :( and 70% of that is tax)

With the rising prices of fuel i thought i would post the prices of fuel of various countries around the world.

All prices are using US Dollars and per Litre.

Iran - $0.11

Saudi Arabia - $0.12

Egypt - $0.32

UAE - $0.38

Mexico - $0.62

Indonesia - $0.65

North Korea - $0.71

China - $0.74

Russia - $1.05

United States - $1.07

South Africa - $1.23

India - $1.36

Canada - $1.45

Aistralia - $1.48

Japan - $1.54

Brazil - $1.59

Singapore - $1.60

New Zealand - $1.62

Greece - $1.95

Israel - $2.10

France - $2.13

United Kingdom - $2.26

Italy - $2.32

Finland - $2.35

Portugal - $2.35

Germany - $2.43

Netherlands - $2.67

Norway - $2.74

Sierra Leone - $4.87

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_usag...round_the_world

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to know why some countries are getting dirt cheap petrol while others are paying through the nose.

I believe South africa is a bit more now. Closer to 1.5

Bahrain is about 0.26 , they are not oil producing but refine oil for saudi and get a few barrels for free........

Heute die Welt, morgen das Sonnensystem!

Now (today?) the World, tomorrow the stars? Something like that? Mein Kraut is shlect :P Anyway, mock the Illuminati-ated Ones and thou shalt feel their wrath. I believe it's a 36B.

Petrol costs: Looks like a fuel/barrel cost issue mainly, and a bit of crafty extra taxation for most countries priced around that of the US.

The UK? It's,

"Shaft the motorist for every penny you can. Get them to pay four times what's spent on roads and associated costs such as emergency services, hospitals (accidents) etc, then when that is nicely underway, make damn sure the public transport system is so crap that the daft gits will carry on using their cars and perpetuating the cycle of ripping them off".

Now (today?) the World, tomorrow the stars? Something like that? Mein Kraut is shlect :P Anyway, mock the Illuminati-ated Ones and thou shalt feel their wrath. I believe it's a 36B.

:lol:

It's from the Illuminati books by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson. Means something like "Today the World, tomorrow the Solar System".

Read them. You will thank me, eventually.

I'm even more disgusted with those figures Monza. And I will run my car on milk, or Bull sperm, whichever is cheapest. OK, I have to ask, why is it Winston's fault?

Can I just thank you without reading them Quiet One? I find that outside of a dog, a book is probably man

I still think it's too cheap. It should go up to about $2.5/ litre in Australia to get all the gas guzzling cars off the road, clearing up the roads a bit and finally get the government to do something about the dismal public transport. I cycle to work, it'll be awesome to have less annoying cars on the road.

PS: Britain's such a tiny country anyway, why is it such a huge deal? Maybe in cities, but then as far as I know, it's prohibitively expensive to keep a car in london wih congestion charges and the public transport is pretty good?

PS: Way way way too cheap in USA obivously, what a waste.

OK, I have to ask, why is it Winston's fault?

Originally, all road tax (the Road Fund Licence) went back into road building and such. Winnie changed that so it all just poured into the general tax bin. And nobody's bothered to change it back. B@stards.

High fuel prices should encourage us to buy fuel efficient shopping trolleys, is the government line. So, obviously, that's why mine's in the shop being converted to use at least 30% more juice...... But on the plus side it will be much louder when I get it back.

Originally, all road tax (the Road Fund Licence) went back into road building and such. Winnie changed that so it all just poured into the general tax bin. And nobody's bothered to change it back. B@stards.

High fuel prices should encourage us to buy fuel efficient shopping trolleys, is the government line. So, obviously, that's why mine's in the shop being converted to use at least 30% more juice...... But on the plus side it will be much louder when I get it back.

Sounds a fair system before Winston cobbled it, thanks for that Monza.

I too am doing my bit for economy, I'm having a cat (one of 3) removed which release a yummy extra 18bhp - sheesh, never thought I'd go this green.

I too am doing my bit for economy, I'm having a cat (one of 3) removed which release a yummy extra 18bhp - sheesh, never thought I'd go this green.

18 Horse Power? Shouldn't that be 18 Pussy Power...??? :D

Oh no, what *have* I said....

We have the higest tax on fuel in Europe! It's quite disgusting!

Oddly enough I am going from UK to UAE so not going to affect me much longer!

See you soon guys. I'm off to Iran to ride at 175 mph.

You can add to that list :

Poland - $2.30 and growing really fast...

about $0.8 is the price of petrol as it comes out of the refinery.

rest is acces tax, VAT tax, road tax, pollution tax and two others which I can't remember.

I think the general consensus is that no matter where you live, you get shafted.............................and the price of fuel is a bitch too.