Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Fuel Prices - Compare The Countries

Sugar isn't necessarily a food per se. Sugar Ethanol makes more sense than corn ethanol.

I agree that sugar Ethanol is an alright idea. I think it works well in Brazil.

I do, however, have a friend in Indonesia, and many of the people in his city depend on food that is being used to make fuel, and are now starving. That's where the corn Ethanol fails. On the other hand, if we just sent a bunch of sugar cane to Indonesia, not much would happen.

Thanks Eric, that means a lot!

You should all stop worrying about the fuel, it'll all work out in the end, trust me.

I said 16, not 10 ;)

It will, but it's going to get worse before it gets better, which frustrates me. The leading cause of America's economic recession is the cost of fuel. I just hate the fact that my life is, in part, controlled by oil companies, because I have to go back and make minor lifestyle changes due to the rising cost of fuel. It isn't just fuel...fuel goes up, and then the price of everything goes up because everything requires fuel to be transported. I mean, I haven't had to give up anything that significant (other than racing, but I only raced sporadically, and with my son being born in November, I was going to retire after this season to spend Saturday nights with my family). Still, when the cost of fuel increases faster than your income, it's not fun. I'm fortunate it hasn't hit me that hard, but it has hit a lot of friends hard, and that's why I want it to stop.

However, if John McCain becomes president, that new family of mine will be living happily in Brazil. (I actually don't really mind McCain himself, but I do mind it if a Conservative is going to win every damn election).

well in Germany the cost per liter is 1.58 Euros roughly. of that I know over 1 Euro is tax. Because of this, since 2000 the price of gas in Germany has only risen 40%, unlike in the USA where the price has almost tripled. This is because with so much tax on a single liter of gas even the slightest increase in base price will cause a huge change in after tax price.

so if you like it or not, this time taxes help. Oil companies cant raise their prices because the slightest rise would mean gas becomes so expensive nobody would buy it. This way the government stabilizes prices while still raking in cash and being able to fund the roads and other public transport.

Also, in Germany the lowest grade gasoline you can get is 94 octane. with 97 and 100 being the next two steps up. And environmental friendliness laws have made it so engines must have far higher fuel economies then most other places in the world. I know that in the summer when I stay in Munich for about 7 weeks our '98 BMW 5er only needs to be filled up about twice.

*dribbler gets to Tehran and picks up phone to call Shaliq*

Hey mate, what's up? Did you wnat me to pick you up a McAlsatian meal?

still stuck in N.Korea with McAlsatian? Kebabs are cheap here in Iran. I just brought a small city and a gas station with one Euro.