Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Arrogant Lewis

Hamilton says there is no stopping him

Lewis Hamilton says "nothing can stop" his McLaren team this season, the Briton claiming he has already put his Canadian Grand Prix blunder behind.

The McLaren driver lost the championship lead to BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica in Montreal, after he crashed into the back of Kimi Raikkonen after failing to see the red light at the end of the pitlane in time.

Hamilton will also start the French Grand Prix on the back foot after receiving a ten-place grid penalty for the incident.

But the Briton, who was running strongly in the race before the crash, says the accident will not affect him, and he reckons that nothing can stop him now.

"This will make no difference," said Hamilton of the accident. "I t hasn't knocked me confidence-wise. I'm not gutted or disappointed.

"Going forward the mood is strong. The fact is we destroyed everyone this weekend. With the car we have right now there is no stopping us.

"It is not going to take me a day to recover or anything. I'll be up first thing training and really looking forward to Magny-Cours. You can't win them all.

Hamilton labeled the rule that cost him the crash and the penalty as "silly".

"We are baffled how it came to that in the space of 30 seconds," he said. "They fuelled me longer I had two guys in front of me and suddenly they have stopped as I have looked at the red light.

"Personally I think the rule is silly. We are in the race, how can you see a red light at the end of the pitlane? But that's the rule and I accept it."

But the 21-year-old admitted that starting from the middle of the pack in France will give him added motivation.

"I start ten places back in the next race. It's a bit harsh really. I didn't aim to ruin anyone's race. I've already lost everything. This makes me stronger. I can't wait for Magny-Cours."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God knows I love Lewis like my own brother but he is being a tad bit arrogant. Lewis if you're reading this,feet on the ground mate!

Time for a reality check Hammy.

Just like Nando, last year. Sounds like they take an arrogant guy, then write an article to make him sound even more arrogant.

Lewis is arrogant. Nothing new. He is not a monster. He is an amazing driver, malgr

Can you get any more confident?

He is cross-talking a bit there though.... McLaren got destroyed, they didn't destroy anyone. and yes I agree that the rule is silly.

And nothing wrong with that. Even if it does make him appear a bit of a twunt.

Just like Nando, last year. Sounds like they take an arrogant guy, then write an article to make him sound even more arrogant.

He talks crap and talks way too much, but he knows how to play the team game.

It seems to me that Lewis is on a constant mental battle with himself and needs his arrogance to reasure himself that he can do the job required of him. F1 is not only about speed it is also about mental strength and how a driver copes with the incessant media intrusion and interest. Of all the current drivers Nando is the strongest mentally, but even he sometimes cracks and says what appears to be silly comments. Lewis' mantra is to never show weakness, to be positive come what may - he may be nervous and uncertain inside, but he has to maintain an outward show of confidence and calm. He is just a young man trying to cope with expectation and the adulation of millions of fans - It is not easy and may perhaps be the reason why Kimi may retire while still in his prime and why JPM turned his back on the whole circus.

I agree the comments are arrogant, but Lewis doesn't appear that kind of person soI'll give him the benefit of the my doubt.

He talks crap and talks way too much, but he knows how to play the team game.

He knows how to play the corporative game, which is something different. I can't see Heidi Hitler Hickey Kovy benefiting too much from Lewis goodwill. In any case, I was referring to the fact that the press is lately trying to present Lewis as arrogant, which is true, but exagerated by the media.

He's not arrogant, he's just being positive, he's pumping himself

I prefer to do that in the privacy of my own home.

I'd say all F1 drivers need a touch of arrogance.

The incident was his mistake, yet it won't do him or his team any good for him to say we'll give up on France now, we can't win the title or such like.

Oh my God, an arrogant driver! Next you'll be telling me they have massive egos!! - The monsters :D

I think the phrase "get real" springs to mind. Arrogance goes with the turf, like most drivers and famous people. They have to have a degree of arrogance to get to where they are (and to stay there).

In my experience they're all quite arrogant and most that I have met are not that nice really. Rule no. 1 - never meet your hero, you'll usually be disappointed.

In my experience they're all quite arrogant and most that I have met are not that nice really. Rule no. 1 - never meet your hero, you'll usually be disappointed.

I've never met any of my heroes, and I'm still disappointed :(

Why do we get annoyed or flustered if someone speaks out aloud what he thinks about his capabilites (whether genuine or not) ?

Does it have something to do with low self-esteem? " I can't boast about myself or I lack the courage to shout from the rooftops about my good points. So I dislike it if you exhibit the confidence that I don't have. "

Probably the driver that I support most is the least arrogant of them all :D

:clap3: I didn't know you supported Kubica... :unsure:

:eusa_think:

Oh well, Kimi is so arrogant he doesn't give a s##t even about arrogance. :nono1:

The driver I support most is the least arrogant of them all. I remember he said while in Minardi he would be World Championship if he drove a Ferrari and then he proved it. :naughty:

Lewis is arrogant. Nothing new. He is not a monster. He is an amazing driver, malgr