Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fwon

Lewis Blows 400 K On Plates

OK, now its time to pick on Lewis again.

Lewis Hamilton blows $400 K on plates! Are you kidding me?! What a joke! Heidfield on the other hand is thinking of using his money to purify drinking water.

It's funny how rich people find importance in the most trivial things!

So all the Lewis fans out there, what's your thoughts on Lewis's spending spree?

Lewis Hamilton blows $400 K on plates! Are you kidding me?! What a joke! Heidfield on the other hand is thinking of using his money to purify drinking water.

So all the Lewis fans out there, what's your thoughts on Lewis's spending spree?

I guess when you're good as Lewis and schumie, you're always gonna have this..............

I would say, Congrats man! I would have done the same thing if I had money.

I would say, Congrats man! I would have done the same thing if I had money.

Did you hear, he tattooed his own name on his buttocks.

Great idea! :lol:

"But" seriously, there is a difference between being a good driver and a good role model. Just because you are a talented driver, doesn't mean you should over indulge. I'm sure Bill Gates would waste his money on something as silly as a number plate. Hell, you could buy yourself a Ferrari or a Porsche for that sum (and even that is over indulging).

Maybe if I purchase the domain "www.Ilovelewishamilton.com" he might pay me $100K for it :P

Who gives a cr*p? Its his money, he earned it and can spend it on what he wants.

Any complaints just sound like jealousy to me.

Anyway, probably better to spend it on something like that which has some value rather than wasting it on booze or drugs...

Not a Lewis fan, just can't see the point in criticising people like this - if you scrutinise any of the drivers' spending I'm sure they would have some questionable things on there and at the end of they day, so what?!! Does it make him a worse driver?

"But" seriously, there is a difference between being a good driver and a good role model. Just because you are a talented driver, doesn't mean you should over indulge. I'm sure Bill Gates would waste his money on something as silly as a number plate.

To quote Pabloh: Bollocks!

Who are we to judge? Moreover I do not for one minute believe that if you were a millionaire that you would spend all your money wisely, would not over-indulge or project a positive image as a role model.

I wouldn't! :D

Any complaints just sound like jealousy to me.

Does it make him a worse driver?

It's definitely not jealously. It's just spending all that money on a number plate is ridiculous! Along with his banged up porsche, the Hamiltons have blown over a million in a couple of weeks.

Does it make him a worse driver? That was never in dispute. He is an awesome driver! But a total a## when it comes to managing his money. It will come back an bite his tatooed but :P

Honestly, who cares? It's his life and his money. I probably wouldn't spend that much on plates, but I would waste a fair bit in some other way! Whatever makes the boy happy, after all, that's what life's about.

Lewis is no different from any other driver. Why did Eddie Irvine buy two jets? Why did Coulthard sink a big chunk of his earnings into a hotel which went bust?

Fair enough. Relative to his income, its quite small. But a jet is worth a load of money. Coulthard "invested" in a business enterprise that could have made him money. In "my opinion" - yes, in my opinion, Hamilton spent $400K on a thin sheet of aluminum with a few indentations. If any other driver - heck, any other person, did the same thing, I would have the exact opinion.

Anyway, looking forward to the French GP. Go Red Bull! -_-

Fair enough. Relative to his income, its quite small. But a jet is worth a load of money. Coulthard "invested" in a business enterprise that could have made him money. In "my opinion" - yes, in my opinion, Hamilton spent $400K on a thin sheet of aluminum with a few indentations. If any other driver - heck, any other person, did the same thing, I would have the exact opinion.

;)

Yeah sure it's quite a stupid thing to do and maybe a lot of people wouldn't do it, but what were you hoping to achieve in this thread?

Do you foresee the price of the plates decreasing? I have never known reg plates to get cheaper yet, especially when they cost that much to begin with. Nearly as sound an investment as buying a house, I would imagine.

Yeah sure it's quite a stupid thing to do and maybe a lot of people wouldn't do it, but what were you hoping to achieve in this thread?

Is the clue in the question??? :lol:

Just picking on Hamilton :D

[quote name='Fwon' post='256642' date='Jun 17 2008, 01:49 PM']Just picking on Hamilton :D [/quote]

Fair enough, I admire your honesty :lol:

ZOMGZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneeleven11!!!!!!!!1 What am we gunna do?!?! I says we has gotten to stop thiz!@@@@!@#@@1!1!!!!21@1!111 Let'z BAN Lewis Hamiltons from ever races again!!!!1

Really? so it was you about whom he was complaining that some guy was peeping when he was taking the shower! ;)

Most things associated with fame will sell at in increased price in the future, so it might not be the waste it appears to be. He's a young guy enjoying his dosh, though it's understandable that some penile remarks will come from those that don't have the brains, commitment and determination to achieve more in their blinkered life.

Anyway, the plates will be worth more in the future due to the association with a famous(?) person, especially if he can stay reasonably famous until he snuffs it, so he'll carry on making money, even when he's deeeed. How cool is that? :P

Max's ladies can now charge more per hour (or slap) due to their association with a famous person, though they might struggle to charge more when they snuff it, you never know. I was into necrophilia 'till some cnut split on me.

Most things associated with fame will sell at in increased price in the future, so it might not be the waste it appears to be. He's a young guy enjoying his dosh, though it's understandable that some penile remarks will come from those that don't have the brains, commitment and determination to achieve more in their blinkered life.

Anyway, the plates will be worth more in the future due to the association with a famous(?) person, especially if he can stay reasonably famous until he snuffs it, so he'll carry on making money, even when he's deeeed. How cool is that? :P

Max's ladies can now charge more per hour (or slap) due to their association with a famous person, though they might struggle to charge more when they snuff it, you never know. I was into necrophilia 'till some cnut split on me.

Oh yes so true, reminds me of this - 'Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain. And most do.'