Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

All Aboard The Trulli Train

Another F-1 driver attends Cup race: Formula One Toyota driver Jarno Trulli snuck into Michigan International Speedway on Sunday without the fan crush he's accustomed to when he races in Europe. "A few people asked me for autographs when I first arrived but it basically cooled down," Trulli said. "In Italy or France, you would basically be surrounded." Trulli, an Italian, competed in the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal this month, where he finished sixth, and decided to stick around and pay a surprise visit to former F1 drivers Juan Pablo Montoya (Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates) and Scott Speed (Bill Davis Racing), who are running in NASCAR. "They were the first two people I visited with," Trulli said. "They were surprised to see me." Trulli, eighth in F1 points, said he watches NASCAR on television, but Sunday's was the first stock car race he'd attended. Would he take a crack at ovals if given a chance? "Maybe one day -- a test or something," said Trulli, who began his F1 career with Minardi in 1997. "I like the U.S. and having another (racing) experience would be good." Though Trulli has never raced a stock car, he drove at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, N.C., in 1994. "I competed in the Race of the Americas karting series in 1994 and 1995 on the road course at Charlotte," Trulli recalled. "I finished first and second."(Detroit Free Press)(6-17-2008)

Remember how Poser Busch was gunna bring a stock car with him to his F1 test? I wonder if Jarno will do a driver swap with him a la Montoya and Gordon in 2002, with Kleenex's Most Valuable Customer on the Motegi road course and Trulli on the oval.

Scouting for a drive in the future me thinks.

Maybe, but I hope not. Now if he came to run the Indy 500, that'd be alright.

DC and Trulli off to race in America?

Nope. David Coulthard will not race in America. Red Bull said "No." Scott Speed is second in ARCA points right now, and despite only running 8 of 10 races, he is 21st in Truck points (which is an accomplishment because everyone who starts the race earns points, unlike F1, so you can't really afford to miss races). In their Sprint Cup (the premier NASCAR division) squad, they have Brian Vickers, who is really having a hell of a year, and AJ Allmendinger, who is steadily improving. They don't have room for DC, and they have 16-year-old Cole Whitt waiting in the wings. Whitt races midgets and is damn good at it. While I'd rather he stay open wheel and go to the IRL, I think a Red Bull NASCAR deal has his name all over it.

Trulli, on the other hand, who knows? I don't think he's really interested in racing NASCAR, but like JPM, he likes America a lot, so if the right opportunity is presented, maybe. The problem is, the other drivers hired already had a connection to American racing, while Trulli does not. (JPM raced for Chip Ganassi in CART, Dario raced against Chip Ganassi in CART/IRL, AJ Allmendinger raced in America and had Red Bull backing, Speed had Red Bull backing, etc).

I think DC will have another season, or maybe end up in the commentary box.

I think he'll be a commentator, personally. With STD being sold, Vettel needs a home...

Cars going round in circles rock! :lol:

They do. Oval racing is the best form of racing I know of.

They do. Oval racing is the best form of racing I know of.

I agree, oval racing is the best form of racing you know of! :D Each to his own I say, you can have your overtaking packed oval races where the fans can get close to the drivers and I'll stick to my distant borefests that are modern F1 GP's, it's my loss. Wait a minute I don't think this post came out right :lol:

I agree, oval racing is the best form of racing you know of! :D Each to his own I say, you can have your overtaking packed oval races where the fans can get close to the drivers and I'll stick to my distant borefests that are modern F1 GP's, it's my loss. Wait a minute I don't think this post came out right :lol:

:lol: Just fuel for more propaganda. Soon, me and the legion of oval race-going hippies will dominate your world with our powers of liberalness. Yay! Let's spend 500 billion non-existent dollars to solve problems that might not exist! (I love being liberal, don't get me wrong, but I'm not afraid to admit I'm also a moron!)

Anyway, I will quote you to my signature. You will never live this one down. GEORGE LOVES OVALS. GEORGE LOVES OVALS. GEORGE LOVES THE INDY 500. GEORGE LOVES BRISTOL. GEORGE LOVES LOCAL SHORT TRACK RACING. GEORGE LOVES MIDGETS (RACECARS, NOT PEOPLE). GEORGE HAS A MIDGET FETISH (PEOPLE, NOT RACECARS).

Yeah, I just discovered what the Caps Lock key does.

:lol: Just fuel for more propaganda. Soon, me and the legion of oval race-going hippies will dominate your world with our powers of liberalness. Yay! Let's spend 500 billion non-existent dollars to solve problems that might not exist! (I love being liberal, don't get me wrong, but I'm not afraid to admit I'm also a moron!)

Anyway, I will quote you to my signature. You will never live this one down. GEORGE LOVES OVALS. GEORGE LOVES OVALS. GEORGE LOVES THE INDY 500. GEORGE LOVES BRISTOL. GEORGE LOVES LOCAL SHORT TRACK RACING. GEORGE LOVES MIDGETS (RACECARS, NOT PEOPLE). GEORGE HAS A MIDGET FETISH (PEOPLE, NOT RACECARS).

:lol: CAPS LOCK KICKS a##! ERIC LICKS a##! MIDGETS ARE JUST MISUNDERSTOOD, ERIC HAS VERY LITTLE UNDER THE HOOD.

Ok I'm done. For now.

EDIT: - Ahh you even bolded the key points. Bollocks, now all the others will beat me up.

:lol: CAPS LOCK KICKS a##! ERIC LICKS a##! MIDGETS ARE JUST MISUNDERSTOOD, ERIC HAS VERY LITTLE UNDER THE HOOD.

Ok I'm done. For now.

EDIT: - Ahh you even bolded the key points. Bollocks, now all the others will beat me up.

:lol::lol: That was the goal.

GEORGE SUCKS AT TENNIS, GEORGE HAS NO PEN(N)IS, GEORGE WISHES HE WAS MISUNDERSTOOD, BUT IN BED HE JUST AIN'T GOOD.

:lol::lol: That was the goal.

GEORGE SUCKS AT TENNIS, GEORGE HAS NO PEN(N)IS, GEORGE WISHES HE WAS MISUNDERSTOOD, BUT IN BED HE JUST AIN'T GOOD.

OK Eric I was just playing around with you but now you've taken it too far. I do NOT suck at tennis.

[quote name='Rainmaster' post='256896' date='Jun 18 2008, 04:41 PM']OK Eric I was just playing around with you but now you've taken it too far. I do NOT suck at tennis.[/quote]
:lol: I'll beg to differ. You might benefit from [url="http://teddytennis.com/"]this[/url]. (Yeah, I Google image searched obese guy playing tennis to find a picture of you, and all I got was Teddy Tennis. Weird. It's not like I bookmarked this page or anything).

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=a2IrVSX1IPk&feature=related"]George in his favorite outfit using his best shot ever[/url]

:lol: I'll beg to differ. You might benefit from this. (Yeah, I Google image searched obese guy playing tennis to find a picture of you, and all I got was Teddy Tennis. Weird. It's not like I bookmarked this page or anything).

Oh yeah but what you don't realise is that I've never hit the ball outside of the whole court in tennis, not because I'm not strong enough to get the ball even over the net, I just haven't, OK?

Just for heck of it, here's Eric playing some tennis (I know, you'd think it was a woman) before he lost his looks.

able.jpg

George: 3 months and 300 lbs ago.

:lol: Yep, and that's from going to KFC once!

But anyway I think we should call it quits now Eric, I mean we can both sit here forever typing 'fat americans playing tennis' (or whatever) into google images, but at the end of the day, you need the excercise :D

:lol: Yep, and that's from going to KFC once!

But anyway I think we should call it quits now Eric, I mean we can both sit here forever typing 'fat americans playing tennis' (or whatever) into google images, but at the end of the day, you need the excercise :D

:lol::lol: Yeah, oh man. 5'11' and 160 lbs with a -240 body fat percentage...man, I should just get over it: there's a heart attack coming on in the next few minutes.

On a different note related to Jarno Trulli, did you check out the Teddy Tennis website? The What Is Teddy Tennis section is the funniest thing I have ever read. I didn't realize I linked TF1 to a secret communist society.

:lol::lol: Yeah, oh man. 5'11' and 160 lbs with a -240 body fat percentage...man, I should just get over it: there's a heart attack coming on in the next few minutes.

On a different note related to Jarno Trulli, did you check out the Teddy Tennis website? The What Is Teddy Tennis section is the funniest thing I have ever read. I didn't realize I linked TF1 to a secret communist society.

:lol: It is quite frightening the amount of depth on that webpage about something so simple. You really don't realise what you've done, we'll all be converted or killed!

:lol: It is quite frightening the amount of depth on that webpage about something so simple. You really don't realise what you've done, we'll all be converted or killed!

CONVERT GEORGE! IT WILL BE SO BENEFICIAL!!! I MEAN, LOOK AT THIS:

All the bears are very well behaved, they eat and drink healthily and they enjoy having good clean fun. They thank Stalin for every glorious day of their lives.

Now doesn't that sound appealing? Behaving well, eating and drinking healthily, having good clean fun, and devoting your life to a nice, kind man.

Okay, two more, then I'm done.

To find out more about the Teddy Tennis Academy you will need to read

CONVERT GEORGE! IT WILL BE SO BENEFICIAL!!! I MEAN, LOOK AT THIS:

Now doesn't that sound appealing? Behaving well, eating and drinking healthily, having good clean fun, and devoting your life to a nice, kind man.

:lol: I looked up that man on Wikipedia and it said some bad things, but then I remembered that my mummy told me that some wikipedia aren't true so he must not be a bad man after all. Where do I sign?

Would love to come to America and try some racing one day, just for kicks, and return back to India.

Would love to come to America and try some racing one day, just for kicks, and return back to India.

A piece of duct tape and a marker can easily change the name on my racecar from "The Liberator" to "Shaliq" ;)

Stop by any time you want, we'll set you up in a nice ol' stock car on a nice ol' short track and have some fun.