Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

Two Words

NBA Champions.

Now for a few more words:

They were the second worst team in the NBA last year. This year, they are the best. That's a hell of a turnaround. Just shows you what a little commitment and money will do. Gives me hope Bobby Labonte will win a race next year (he is on a Boston team now, and every Boston team's good besides the Bruins, but even they had a hell of a year considering how bad they are). The Celts last won in 1986.

Anyway, I think that's pretty damn cool, even if I don't care about basketball all that much.

And there you go again...

USA CHAMPIONS... damn...you think you own the WORLD.

ahhh... and I am not angry because the Lakers...no I am not...no... <_<

^_^

B Ball World champion is Spain! USA is 3rd. NBA champion obviusly is an US team.

There is a world outside the US and in many cases, a better world!

Go Spurs, Go! Go Manu, Go!

I know next to nothing about Basketball but i do recall hearing on the news that Harry Kewell is no longer Australia's highest paid sportsman and he has been replaced by someone who plays in the NBA.

Basketball in Australia is dying at a very fast rate.

And there you go again...

USA CHAMPIONS... damn...you think you own the WORLD.

ahhh... and I am not angry because the Lakers...no I am not...no... <_<

^_^

B Ball World champion is Spain! USA is 3rd. NBA champion obviusly is an US team.

There is a world outside the US and in many cases, a better world!

Go Spurs, Go! Go Manu, Go!

Why yes, children, there is. Thanks for reminding me. I was not aware there was a world outside of the US.

Why, then, do I say World Champions? Because that is the official term that the NBA is allowed to use. Because the NBA is the most important and most-followed basketball league in the world. Because there are a variety of players from a variety of nations. I did not choose to call them World Champions. It is just the title they get when they win. NBA's decision, the media's decision, not mine.

Cuz if it was mine, the F1 champion wouldn't be the World Driving Champion, either.

Why yes, children, there is. Thanks for reminding me. I was not aware there was a world outside of the US.

Why, then, do I say World Champions? Because that is the official term that the NBA is allowed to use. Because the NBA is the most important and most-followed basketball league in the world. Because there are a variety of players from a variety of nations. I did not choose to call them World Champions. It is just the title they get when they win. NBA's decision, the media's decision, not mine.

Cuz if it was mine, the F1 champion wouldn't be the World Driving Champion, either.

Blah blah blah, batracer, blah blah

That's alright you can call it World championship, because none of the other 5.8 billion people on the planet outside America give a cr*p anyway :D

We are the champions..............We are the champions my friend!

Yeah, it's been a long 22 years! Well done!

That's alright you can call it World championship, because none of the other 5.8 billion people on the planet outside America give a cr*p anyway :D

:lol: And not that many Americans care, either...basketball is probably the number 5 sport, behind professional football, college football, NASCAR, and baseball, in that order.

Truth be told, while I am a diehard sports fan, and have been with my Patriots, Red Sox, and Bruins through the bad seasons, the good seasons, and in the Patriots' case, the cheating scandals. However, with the Celtics, call me a fair weather fan. I prefer college to professional in basketball's case, and I guess I only watched this year cuz my team was good. I'd like basketball a little more if there was anything happening at mid-court. All the action takes place at the two ends, but unlike a sport like soccer, nothing happens in the middle. Hence, the scores are ridiculously high.

...while I am a diehard sports fan, and have been with my Patriots, Red Sox, and Bruins through the bad seasons, the good seasons, and in the Patriots' case, the cheating scandals...

Sorry to do the question...but what the heck does the "bruins" play?

thankyou

AUSTRALIA, MALAYSIA, BAHRAIN, SPAIN, TURKEY, MONACO, CANADA, FRANCE, BRITAIN, GERMANY, HUNGARY, BELGIUM, ITALY, SINGAPORE, JAPAN, CHINA, BRAZIL.

oh yes man, you are completly right... it shouldnt be called World Driving Champion.

Sorry to do the question...but what the heck does the "bruins" play?

thankyou

AUSTRALIA, MALAYSIA, BAHRAIN, SPAIN, TURKEY, MONACO, CANADA, FRANCE, BRITAIN, GERMANY, HUNGARY, BELGIUM, ITALY, SINGAPORE, JAPAN, CHINA, BRAZIL.

oh yes man, you are completly right... it shouldnt be called World Driving Champion.

Bruins play in the NHL (National Hockey League), so ice hockey. And no, I would never call the NHL champion a world champion, before you ask.

:lol: Where's America? That's the entire world! :P

Just kidding, but, I guess I've always hated it cuz there is no way to prove that they are the best driver in the world at the time. Which I guess means this: other than the World Cup, no sporting champions should be called world champions ever. I will now change my original post to NBA Champions. I will never call another team and/or athlete a world champion. Because it is very stupid.

Bruins play in the NHL (National Hockey League), so ice hockey. And no, I would never call the NHL champion a world champion, before you ask.

:lol: Where's America? That's the entire world! :P

Just kidding, but, I guess I've always hated it cuz there is no way to prove that they are the best driver in the world at the time. Which I guess means this: other than the World Cup, no sporting champions should be called world champions ever. I will now change my original post to NBA Champions. I will never call another team and/or athlete a world champion. Because it is very stupid.

:banana:

:congrats:

:thumb:

Can't think of many other sports where such a turnaround would occur though.

It can happen in any sport with a reasonable budget. F1, are you reading? You too, Graham, do you understand? ;)

It's probably harder in motor racing than in regular sports, though. Regular sports have a few less factors to deal with.

F1 big no no for it happening, although I've seen it the other way round a lot.

Yeah. If there was a $25-50mil budget, it would be possible, but not for now.