Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Driver Of The Day

Driver of the Day  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Driver of the Day???

• Massa
    • Kimi
    • Trulli
    • Kovy
    • Kubica
    • Webber
    • Piquet
    • Alonso
    • Other

:lol: I can't believe it! We didn't scare one away! We have a real member! This is a good day for TF1, guys!

You sure tried though :lol:

Trulli but there were quite a few good racers out there.

Had Kovi overtaken Trulli at the end there I might have voted for him as he had a great race too, but Trulli's defense won my vote.

Other honerable mentions go to...

Piquet - he actually beat Alonso and had a pretty solid race.

Kimi - unlucky with the exhaust but well done for keeping it on track for P2.

Massa - for not spinning off when he was frustrated in 2nd after pitting later than Kimi in the first round of stops.

All in all though - it's a really boring race. I was praying for more rain at the end there, but to no avail. I've never really liked the French GP - the track's too forgiving (wide) and dull and the results tend to depend mostly on the cars rather than drivers. At least the McLaren penalties added a bit of spice.

Another disappointing race won by failure rather than by skill...

Still, a good day for the "seconds" and "nobodies". Sure, Trulli heads the pack but Massa, Kova, and Piquet deserve mention... specially the last, good on you for scoring your first points and for sticking it up to Alonso.

Questionable penalty for Hamilton, not for being undeserved but because the rule book has been bent so much for him and others that it is impossible to say what's what anymore. Bets are on that Hamilton will btch and moan and pretend it all away... while the lewisteric press speaks of "another controversial" penalty. Gotta thank them for the laughs.

Oh, yes. Another consecutive fastest lap for Kimi. Rainmaster, speaking of glory, are we there yet?

Now, not like you would care, but I'm cool with Macca fans because I'm a fan of the New England Patriots. Who were the most dominant NFL team from 2001 on. And then last year after breaking 3 billion records, a whole hell of a lot of cheating scandals came up, so I know how it is.

Yeah, go Pats! Though Belichick's active videocamera was talked about all through season, not just after all the records were broken ;) . Of course, so it is for McLaren too.

Back to the topic... my vote went for Trulli, quite an impressive drive today.

Trulli.

That being said, I guarantee you Ferrari will be looking at redoing their exhausts.

That being said, I guarantee you Ferrari will be looking at redoing their exhausts.

Did Kimi suffer a cracked / broken exhaust in Australia aswell?? I was there and I can't remember for certain!!! I'm getting old :lol:

Trulli gets the emotional vote. Piquet gets the vote for 'most improved'. Button has caught 'British-must-crash' syndrome.

Who do you think should be driver of the day?? For me it's Kovy, surprised he didn't get past Trulli at the end but still drove very well & gets my vote!

For reason you mentioned Trulli gets it. If he had passed him then Kovy had gotten it.

Trulli.

But how the hell did a Toyota end up on the podium? If the BMW's aren't so hot at France and the McLarens are penalised, why weren't fourth place Red Bull there to steal the show?

Did you see the way Kimi's exhaust pipe was thrown into the air? That could have ended up in the crowd!!! No penalty for the Ferraris......hmmmmm <_<

Trulli.

But how the hell did a Toyota end up on the podium? If the BMW's aren't so hot at France and the McLarens are penalised, why weren't fourth place Red Bull there to steal the show?

Did you see the way Kimi's exhaust pipe was thrown into the air? That could have ended up in the crowd!!! No penalty for the Ferraris......hmmmmm <_<

Getting used to Ferrari not receiving penalties now

Another disappointing race won by failure rather than by skill...

Still, a good day for the "seconds" and "nobodies". Sure, Trulli heads the pack but Massa, Kova, and Piquet deserve mention... specially the last, good on you for scoring your first points and for sticking it up to Alonso.

Questionable penalty for Hamilton, not for being undeserved but because the rule book has been bent so much for him and others that it is impossible to say what's what anymore. Bets are on that Hamilton will btch and moan and pretend it all away... while the lewisteric press speaks of "another controversial" penalty. Gotta thank them for the laughs.

Oh, yes. Another consecutive fastest lap for Kimi. Rainmaster, speaking of glory, are we there yet?

Well I would've much preferred Kimi to win and not set fastest lap but ahh well..at least in this race he showed once again that when he is on his true form he has Massa well under control. Title number two looks likely, and he'll probably set some new record for fastest laps in a season since he has 5/8 already. *In fact he already shares that record with Schumi, 10 in a season is the record.

He's already third on the all time list for fastest laps, that's impressive.

I think at Silverstone he will once again have the mesausre of Massa, because it requires precision.

Well I would've much preferred Kimi to win and not set fastest lap but ahh well..at least in this race he showed once again that when he is on his true form he has Massa well under control. Title number two looks likely, and he'll probably set some new record for fastest laps in a season since he has 5/8 already. *In fact he already shares that record with Schumi, 10 in a season is the record.

He's already third on the all time list for fastest laps, that's impressive.

I think at Silverstone he will once again have the mesausre of Massa, because it requires precision.

Good on you, Rainmaster. You've got me on board for this record thingy and have got me to forget, just a little bit, the mess things are... appreciate it.

Good on you, Rainmaster. You've got me on board for this record thingy and have got me to forget, just a little bit, the mess things are... appreciate it.

true true

I'm a McLaren fan, you like me now? :P I seem to be searching for another McLaren fan over the whole internet and get mobbed by the red fans. :(

I like you as long as you are not another Alonso's fan, everything else is ok.

The world "England" and "Cheating" seem to come up a lot, I ought to stop cheating myself. I like all F1 teams really, and all drivers, - Alonso.

If am I reading well this means that you dislike Alonso and if it is so you are on my one of my best friends already, welcome aboard, we need you here we have a lot of ABF (Alonso's Blind Fans) here they only see what they want to see the rest is irelevant.

Trulli but there were quite a few good racers out there.

Had Kovi overtaken Trulli at the end there I might have voted for him as he had a great race too, but Trulli's defense won my vote.

Other honerable mentions go to...

Piquet - he actually beat Alonso and had a pretty solid race.

Kimi - unlucky with the exhaust but well done for keeping it on track for P2.

Massa - for not spinning off when he was frustrated in 2nd after pitting later than Kimi in the first round of stops.

All in all though - it's a really boring race. I was praying for more rain at the end there, but to no avail. I've never really liked the French GP - the track's too forgiving (wide) and dull and the results tend to depend mostly on the cars rather than drivers. At least the McLaren penalties added a bit of spice.

NP kept both HK and LH behind him so he did a better job defending than Trulli, just take into consideration that Alonso in the other Renault was unable to hold LH and he had two chances and in both of them he was easilly overtaken by Lewis, that's why I think NP did a better job than Trulli, honestly I thought that LH it was going pass NP but he couldn't do it and besides that NP started the race with a heavier car than FA so he did a great job, the was no way that he could match Alonso's pace at the beggining of the race with all that fuel on board and he still manage to keep both Mclarens behind and I am not even talking about him finishing ahead of FA.

Trulli - Gilles Award (driving faster than his car)

Massa - Jim Clark Award (perfect race)

Special mentions: Webo, Nelsinho, Kova.

Worst of the year: Magny Cours track. I say it for the last time: is not an F1 track is a GoKart track! What a piece of sh!t of a track. Beatufuly arranged, but if wont to see beautiful and tidy place I