Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

Gtr Beaten!!!!

Has the Nissan GT-R been beaten already? So quick after claiming the fastest time around the Green Hell (known to us little people as the Nurburgring), GT-R appears to have lost its top dog status to the new 2009 Corvette ZR1. According to Corvette chief engineer Tadge Juechter, the ZR1 has, just yesterday morning, lapped the Ring in a time of 7 minutes 26.4 seconds. The car was stock standard except for the communications and safety equipment. No elaboration on what exactly this safety equipment is, but standard issue would include a fire extinguisher, in case the fast ZR1 pulled an R8 V10. Tires were stock too, and so was fuel, which was normal pump juice and not racing liquid.

Development engineer Jim Mero drove the car

No elaboration on what exactly this safety equipment is, but standard issue would include a fire extinguisher, in case the fast ZR1 pulled an R8 V10.

Maybe the safety equipment was nitrous oxide injection and a gutted interior.

Maybe the safety equipment was nitrous oxide injection and a gutted interior.

Actually, I feel its good, and I am sure they didn't have any thing to suggest like a conspiracy theory, How ever, the 911 is not sleeping. Its going to be back in action.

Abbas, that video was disturbing... :unsure:

On topic, the "Vette" has 150+ more horsepower, bigger displacement and much less weight.

Also I doubt it would be faster on a twisty circuit.

If Nissan wanted to built a more powerful Gtr, they would, very easily. Even with a simple modification like a different turbo, the gtr could have been much faster.

The Gtr is a very special car and the very little (in comparison) power loss from the engine to the wheels is it's main asset and achievement. The "Vette" has raw power instead of cutting edge technology. Raw power however is not that hard to achieve, especially for Nissan, that has a great pedigree in that area.

Also there is a GTR V-spec coming... ;)

Abbas, that video was disturbing... :unsure:

On topic, the "Vette" has 150+ more horsepower, bigger displacement and much less weight.

Also I doubt it would be faster on a twisty circuit.

If Nissan wanted to built a more powerful Gtr, they would, very easily. Even with a simple modification like a different turbo, the gtr could have been much faster.

The Gtr is a very special car and the very little (in comparison) power loss from the engine to the wheels is it's main asset and achievement. The "Vette" has raw power instead of cutting edge technology. Raw power however is not that hard to achieve, especially for Nissan, that has a great pedigree in that area.

Also there is a GTR V-spec coming... ;)

I understand your point Tifosi, but you got to throw your hats off to the Americans lately that their cars can now turn faster than before. I am sure Nissan will quitely respond, what I am sure is that 'The war has just began', it wont be long before someone else sets a better lap time and so on and so on.

More heat, more heat!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080627.006/ho...a-nsx-spy-video

:huh:

But, sadly, I doubt the car would sound as beautiful as that by the time it gets released due to freaking noise pollution restrictions blah blah...

And the below link suggests that it was a preplanned attack on GTR! :huh:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/02/corvett...the-ring-for-l/

I knew the ZR1 was gonna do good at something! I'd say it'll probably hit 220mph around Nardo!

Just curious! :D What makes you say that? :huh:

I understand your point Tifosi, but you got to throw your hats off to the Americans lately that their cars can now turn faster than before. I am sure Nissan will quitely respond, what I am sure is that 'The war has just began', it wont be long before someone else sets a better lap time and so on and so on.

Yes, I totally agree!

Also the ZR1 looks awesome!A very beautiful car!

Yes, I totally agree!

Also the ZR1 looks awesome!A very beautiful car!

I don't really know if people who buy these cars give a damn about the prize difference, but the look factor may well be enough for a guy to choose a ZR1 over the GTR. Just my opinion.

Is like to whitnes an homicide!

regarding the vette...well It took GM almost 50 years to understand how a sports car handle! Welcome! We the Porker

Ben went to Germany for some driving. He spent all night lapping the ring.

The GTR will be a great real world proposition, probably better than a 911. All this finite time comparison nonsense at a track which has become hallowed ground for men with small d#cks is pointless.

Just curious! :D What makes you say that? :huh:
Erm, 600bhp+, nearly 600lb ft of torque, carbon fibre roof & probs around places of the car, 0-60mph ~3seconds & the list might just go on & on!

Ben went to Germany for some driving. He spent all night lapping the ring.

The GTR will be a great real world proposition, probably better than a 911. All this finite time comparison nonsense at a track which has become hallowed ground for men with small d#cks is pointless.

:rofl:

A V-spec?? I hope it'll produce 500bhp+ & be a 997 GT2 rival! As for the Vette, me want ZR1 long time! Maybe if someone is talented enough they could to a full force lap in a Bugatti Veyron around the Nordschliefe! That would be something to see but it handles very well with help of 4WD, saw a vid of it on youtube when fifth gear tested it!

I see "Vette's" all the time mostly old guys drivin them slow in the right lane on the highway and if its a rag top gawd for bid the top should be down , his white hair will get messed up along with his white haired woman sittin next to him , I've only met one guy who drove his ZO-6 the way it was meant to be driven and I have to say it was fast as hell but , he also had an SRT Neon which he drove in SCCA races .

ANyway the vette is an American Icon , its fat low and only good in a straight line and a good way to compensate for the lack of a big penis if your not out drivin around in your huge SUV or pick-up truck .

The GTR is infact so great through corners it broke Jeremy Clarkson's neck :lol::lol:

Yeah, I saw the video just two days back.