Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

Massa Wdc For 2008

Brundle and I agree. Massa will earn the WDC in one of the closes contests to date. He is not full of himself, learns from his mistakes and has matured into one of the best. At 27 he has a lot of good years ahead of him.

Go Massa!!!!

Well I agree with myself, Massa won't win the WDC this year, and will never win it while he has Kimi as his team-mate, as Kimi will always lift his form and beat Massa when he wants to.

Yep, Massa will be WDC 2008. For real. The momentum is with him.

Which does not mean he has shown any signs of really inspired driving so far. Just like Kimi last year. These guys are winning by default, but I've yet to see any thrilling moves. Kimi hanging on on a crumbling Ferrari was the best show Maranello has given us. And yet, it might have been Kimi's fault that that pipe was loose in the first place.

Yeah i tend to agree, Massa has it in him to take the title.... atleast i hope for it...(maybe i shouldn't hope, we all know what happened when i last hope for Schumi to win the title ) :unsure:

Which does not mean he has shown any signs of really inspired driving so far. Just like Kimi last year. These guys are winning by default, but I've yet to see any thrilling moves. Kimi hanging on on a crumbling Ferrari was the best show Maranello has given us. And yet, it might have been Kimi's fault that that pipe was loose in the first place.

What about Massa overtaking two cars in one corner in Canada? Ferrari are having another good year, Massa is driving well. I don't think its Kimi's fault the pipe got loose, it has happeneded before when Micheal was driving. The car breaker title put for Kimi is utter bulls##t. He is pushing the car ofcourse, thats what he is being paid to do, and the way he pushes the car sometimes you don't even notice it because he makes it less dramatic when you compare with drivers like Massa, Lewis and Nando.

Massa can win the title, only a fool can write him off, because he has improved a lot.

What about Massa overtaking two cars in one corner in Canada? Ferrari are having another good year, Massa is driving well. I don't think its Kimi's fault the pipe got loose, it has happeneded before when Micheal was driving. The car breaker title put for Kimi is utter bulls##t. He is pushing the car ofcourse, thats what he is being paid to do, and the way he pushes the car sometimes you don't even notice it because he makes it less dramatic when you compare with drivers like Massa, Lewis and Nando.

Massa can win the title, only a fool can write him off, because he has improved a lot.

I am not writing off Massa as a title contender. Not at all. I'm just saying that, IMHO, he would be a boring WDC. Massa overtaking 2 cars in one corner ini Canada? Is that all he has to offer? That corner (the hairpin) was just been re surfaced. It was a place so dangerous that many said that the drivers agreed that they would not try any aggressive manoeuvres there. You might have noticed that, besides Piquet and Massa, nobody really pushed hard there. Massa overtook two cars with (at least) two wheels on the grass. A brilliant manoeuvre? As much as Lewis' one on Vettel at France, almost.

No, I am not impressed with him, so far. I am more impressed with Lewis sudden drop in performance. With Kimi's usual up and downs. With Nando's childish mistakes. With Kubica's surprisingly well endowed gf.

I am not writing off Massa as a title contender. Not at all. I'm just saying that, IMHO, he would be a boring WDC. Massa overtaking 2 cars in one corner ini Canada? Is that all he has to offer? That corner (the hairpin) was just been re surfaced. It was a place so dangerous that many said that the drivers agreed that they would not try any aggressive manoeuvres there. You might have noticed that, besides Piquet and Massa, nobody really pushed hard there. Massa overtook two cars with (at least) two wheels on the grass. A brilliant manoeuvre? As much as Lewis' one on Vettel at France, almost.

No, I am not impressed with him, so far. I am more impressed with Lewis sudden drop in performance. With Kimi's usual up and downs. With Nando's childish mistakes. With Kubica's surprisingly well endowed gf.

I second that.

:lol:

You now, sometimes, I just cant agree with you. :P

I liked that move. He was desperate to pass, finally he shot two mangos with one stone. :P The other two drivers would have been really shocked. I liked lewis's final qualifying lap too, he came out with all four wheels in the air. Common Andres, We are not seeing Micheal Schumacher driving, these guys are literally kids pushing each other. Give them a break, and enjoy some racing. Weather Lewis or Massa or Kimi wins, does it ever make our life different? Nope!

Well I agree with myself, Massa won't win the WDC this year, and will never win it while he has Kimi as his team-mate, as Kimi will always lift his form and beat Massa when he wants to.

He was beating him last time out but for reliability. Massa won't be able to beat even an already lazy driver who cares even less than in the past.

:unsure::P

He was beating him last time out but for reliability. Massa won't be able to beat even an already lazy driver who cares even less than in the past.

:unsure::P

;)

Massa is underestimated and this post only serves as proof. Massa as a WDC wouldn't be any more boring than the current incumbent. If Massa can't be given credit when he is leading the WDC, especially after drawing a blank in the first 2 races, then it is more a case of personal prejudice than anything else.

Massa can be a WDC if he strives to maximise points on tracks where he is not necessarily the fastest.

at this point in the season with half of it run, the people who are at the top right now are not there because of luck but because they deserve to be there.

For the WDC it is 1. Massa 2. Kubi 3. Kimi and for the WCC is it 1. Ferrari 2. BMW 3. Meclaren

in both of these races for the title the top three are exactly where they should be because they drove and raced that well up until this point of the season

We agree with ourselves. Between Kimi and Massa,... sorry Massa.

However, Hamilton is pretty.

So many things to consider...

at this point in the season with half of it run, the people who are at the top right now are not there because of luck but because they deserve to be there.

For the WDC it is 1. Massa 2. Kubi 3. Kimi and for the WCC is it 1. Ferrari 2. BMW 3. Meclaren

in both of these races for the title the top three are exactly where they should be because they drove and raced that well up until this point of the season

I disagree. Kubica should be top imho.

Again, I never said Massa did not deseve to be where he is. Ditto for everybody else. You guys are talking about points and who was the best this season. I am talking about aesthetic pleasure.

Sorry. Massa does not meet my standards so far.

Again, I never said Massa did not deseve to be where he is. Ditto for everybody else. You guys are talking about points and who was the best this season. I am talking about aesthetic pleasure.

Sorry. Massa does not meet my standards so far.

The "aesthetic pleasure" bit got a smile out me.

The "deserving" bit is an interesting point. I mean, who deserves what? On an average GP, the front drivers are about 2 secs faster per lap than the back drivers. If you factor in the cars, drivers ain't that different from one another. So, I shrugged when Massa got the drive at Ferrari (and more so since his manager is son to past teamboss)... iow, that seat could've been given to anyone of many... and it went to Massa. If it were to have been my choice, Webber would've been the man.

Could Massa win? Sure... it all depends how much the other drivers on top teams screw up.

The "deserving" bit is an interesting point. I mean, who deserves what?

:lol: Indeed. Yet again the WDC doesn't show us who the best drivers are at all.

Seeing how qualifying-centered modern day F1 is, it can happen. If Massa gets those poles and drives troublefree races taking wins, then he can do it. It woudl also suit him really well if Kimi and Lewis keep having some problems.

Seeing how qualifying-centered modern day F1 is, it can happen. If Massa gets those poles and drives troublefree races taking wins, then he can do it. It woudl also suit him really well if Kimi and Lewis keep having some problems.

I agree! I agree!

I disagree. Kubica should be top imho.

Considering he is the only of the top 4 without any major mistakes this year, I think you may be right. Oh, it's really funny reading you guys changing your opinions after each race (or finding different excuses). The standings right now are a combination of drivers' skills and their cars. BMW is now slightly behind McLaren, but Kubica is way ahead of Hamilton, this difference being mitigated by middlin' form of both Kovalainen and Heindfeld. BUT, you change your opinions every time one of them has an off race. Gimmie a break. I will give you my take on this season on the last lap of GP Brazil.

I agree, in a straight fight for the Championship Felipe will never beat Kimi. Felipe's chances lie with Kimi having problems.

With more room for improvement needed to beat Kimi to the Championship. Felipe can win when it's given to him what Felipe can't do is fight for a win / Championship. That is where the improvement needs to be without even mentioning his in and out laps.

When Felipe gets pole and gets into his groove on race day he puts in some absolutely awesome performances. I need to see Felipe win races that he shouldn't win to convince myself that he has the goods to be World Champion.

Considering he is the only of the top 4 without any major mistakes this year, I think you may be right. Oh, it's really funny reading you guys changing your opinions after each race (or finding different excuses). The standings right now are a combination of drivers' skills and their cars. BMW is now slightly behind McLaren, but Kubica is way ahead of Hamilton, this difference being mitigated by middlin' form of both Kovalainen and Heindfeld. BUT, you change your opinions every time one of them has an off race. Gimmie a break. I will give you my take on this season on the last lap of GP Brazil.

Far worse would be _not_ to change one's opinions after what reality delivers...

For instance, of what use it would be to insist that Kubica would win the DWC if he were to DNF six races in a row? His chances are slim as they are considering what he is riding...