Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

Massa Wdc For 2008

Well perhaps... but Massa should be able to notice if his car is so broken that he can't drive it. After the race he just said he made a lot of mistakes. Imho he just hasn't got enough talent to cope when driver skill comes to the fore.

Well perhaps... but Massa should be able to notice if his car is so broken that he can't drive it. After the race he just said he made a lot of mistakes. Imho he just hasn't got enough talent to cope when driver skill comes to the fore.

I disagree. In jest I mentioned he kept the car together after everyspin, but in truth that does take skill. Something was not right with that car.

I disagree. In jest I mentioned he kept the car together after everyspin, but in truth that does take skill. Something was not right with that car.

Besides the driver, you mean? :whistling:

Anyways, I also thought he deserves some credit for being the guy that spun his car the most yet, somehow, managed to finish the race with the car's nose pointing in the right direction for a change.

I don't think that Ferrari bothered with any rain set up at all today. Massa surely could not be THAT bad?

He tried his best.

:ph34r: In that case.....

The idea that there was something wrong with the car is nonsense. How about his almost identically awful performance in similar conditions at Silverstone 2002? No? His other weak wet performances? Just because he didn't wreck catastrophically at Monaco is no sign he's managed to overcome his inability to drive in the wet.

The idea that there was something wrong with the car is nonsense. How about his almost identically awful performance in similar conditions at Silverstone 2002? No? His other weak wet performances? Just because he didn't wreck catastrophically at Monaco is no sign he's managed to overcome his inability to drive in the wet.

Please explain how it is nonsense when you have a world champion doing double twists in the same car. I'll say it again - I do not like Massa - but I really do not think that Ferrari had any rain set up at all today.

Kimi dropped it twice on bad tyres but he still set the fastest lap etc. Massa was consistantly last or thereabouts and span... was it 5 times? 6? Considering this is a repeat performance too I'd say it's fairly conclusive.

Kimi dropped it twice on bad tyres but he still set the fastest lap etc. Massa was consistantly last or thereabouts and span... was it 5 times? 6? Considering this is a repeat performance too I'd say it's fairly conclusive.

Was Massa not on the same set of tyres? Serious question. Ferrari did not hook it up today at all, its unfair to place all of the blame on Felipe when his mechanics cannot be arsed to set a few differentials toward rain. Pretty obvious. But if I was Massa, I'd have just got out of the car on my pit stop and gone to the pub to drown my sorrows. :lol:

If you count replays, he spun more times than a roulette wheel.

If you count replays, he spun more times than a roulette wheel.

And as you mentioned before, he kept it going and actually finished the race. The car was not hooked up and Ferrari made some bad pit decisions. Should have called him in an put him on the Wet tire. This would have been good info for KR and they could have ended up on the podium. They screwed up.

Massa may not like the wet weather racing. It certinaly isn't his strong point. Good thing most races are dry. He still is leading in the championship, even after this disaster.

Watch out folks Rubens is on a charge !!!!!!1

And as you mentioned before, he kept it going and actually finished the race. The car was not hooked up and Ferrari made some bad pit decisions. Should have called him in an put him on the Wet tire. This would have been good info for KR and they could have ended up on the podium. They screwed up.

Massa may not like the wet weather racing. It certinaly isn't his strong point. Good thing most races are dry. He still is leading in the championship, even after this disaster.

Yup, he did finish the race. Good for him.

Yup, he spun more times than a roulette wheel. Bad for him.

On average, he barely got even.

The main reason Massa doesn't like wet weather racing is because it's harder and driving skill tends to come to the fore. If you put any average F1 driver in a Ferrari they could follow Kimi home in second at a dry Magny-Cours.

It would be absolutely ridiculous if the F1 world champion puts in performances like that whenever it rains.

The conditions were very bad and the tyres weren't the best at all times due to Ferrari incompetence, added to the fact that Massa doesn't like the wet, and you get 5 spins.

The main reason Massa doesn't like wet weather racing is because it's harder and driving skill tends to come to the fore. If you put any average F1 driver in a Ferrari they could follow Kimi home in second at a dry Magny-Cours.

It would be absolutely ridiculous if the F1 world champion puts in performances like that whenever it rains.

:D Why don't we bring them to Canada in January and have them race on icy roads then. Using your logic surely that makes sense. A World Champion must be able to drive his car fast in any condition, so why stop at just rain??? :D

Every Canadian knows what it means to overdrive your brakes and cornering ability of your car. We do it on a daily basis from November to March.

The 2008 WDC is a close race between Hami, Kimi, Felipe -the gardener-, and Kubi -write the other drivers off! Felipe is in disadventage because he is driving a Transformer Ferrari -half F! car, half grass cutter! :congrats: (I like this sentence so much, i

The 2008 WDC is a close race between Hami, Kimi, Felipe -the gardener-, and Kubi -write the other drivers off! Felipe is in disadventage because he is driving a Transformer Ferrari -half F! car, half grass cutter! :congrats: (I like this sentence so much, i

The conditions were very bad and the tyres weren't the best at all times due to Ferrari incompetence, added to the fact that Massa doesn't like the wet, and you get 5 spins.

I agree. There is more than just Massa's (in)competence going on here. Sure, he had a bad race... but the truly sad thing is that all top drivers have had them and nothing tells us that things are gonna change.

What a sorry season.

Anthony Davidson has launched a stinging attack on former Formula 1 rival Felipe Massa, following the Brazilian's abject performance at Silverstone on Sunday that included no fewer than five spins en route to 13th place