Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

Massa Wdc For 2008

Pheeew,I'm relieved as Massa is again the driver he used to be.My bet is that Kubica will end higher than him on the driver standings.(As Brad would say: mark my words :lol: )

Besides the driver, you mean? :whistling:

Anyways, I also thought he deserves some credit for being the guy that spun his car the most yet, somehow, managed to finish the race with the car's nose pointing in the right direction for a change.

:lol::lol::lol:

The main reason Massa doesn't like wet weather racing is because it's harder and driving skill tends to come to the fore. If you put any average F1 driver in a Ferrari they could follow Kimi home in second at a dry Magny-Cours.

It would be absolutely ridiculous if the F1 world champion puts in performances like that whenever it rains.

Indeed.

EDIT: and is Ant a 5 year old? :lol:

:lol:

Ant: Shut the feck up.

Massa is today's flavor for bashing, but let's not forget that this was an unusual race (all wet races are unusual ones in a single season's calendar) So unless it rains in every race from now on, the guy has his chances still intact and Lewis is still the less likely WDC among the three at the top.

The main reason Massa doesn't like wet weather racing is because it's harder and driving skill tends to come to the fore. If you put any average F1 driver in a Ferrari they could follow Kimi home in second at a dry Magny-Cours.

It would be absolutely ridiculous if the F1 world champion puts in performances like that whenever it rains.

Hear hear.

Let me remind people of Nurburgring last year. Massa was useless and Alonso simply drove around him.

Let us also hark back to Hungary 2006, Massa was terrible and kept spinning.

His incompetency at Silverstone came as no surprise to me at all. Yes it was difficult and most drivers made some errors, but Massa was by far the worst.

Massa is very quick in qualifying, and can win races when its dry and he starts at the front. When there's wet weather or actual racing involved, he usually embarrasses himself.

What a bunch of hogwash. Massa is one of the fastest drivers on the grid. All you guys who are throwing daggers at him better hope it rains every GP weekend.

He finished the race didn't he. Kubica and host of others spun and didn't finish, so what does that tell you.???? Massa's engine mapping was all wrong and he could not gently apply power to the rear wheels. His Ferrari had an on-off switch for a throtte. Meaning he had a bunch of low speed spins that he was able to recover from. Had he been carrying any speed he would have been in a trap somewhere long before the count got to 5.

I am always amazed at how guys belittle a driver the moment he has less then a perfect race. LH one week, KR the next, Massa, Kubica they all get slagged on here. Kind of like reading a tabloid. Some of you want to crap in somebody's Corn Flakes so bad you don't even stop to think things through. Just pull out the knives and start hacking!!!!!!

Massa will come back from this and finish First or a very close second to KR for the Championship. The biggest problem for him right now is Ferrari Team orders. Even on points, and LH knocking on the door means Ferrari may have to select KR over Massa to ensure a Drivers Championship. Unlike McClaren Last year, Ferrari(or at least the old Ferrari) will not hesitate to do this.

It will be fun to watch Massa recover and go on to more victories this year.

I don't care what anyone says. A host of driver's battling for the championship is way more fun to watch and debate then the run away WDC we have had in the past.

Re Anthony Davidson.

Must have been waiitng to deliver that remark. Not often a Ferrari ever sees a blue flag that isn't for someone else.

Kubica and Massa are finished. The Lewis and Kimi show starts here.

I think that's correct, Kimi has had Massa beat in the last three races now.

Massa's engine mapping was all wrong and he could not gently apply power to the rear wheels.

Do you actually have any evidence for that? Cos I havent heard that from anyone from Ferrari.

We're not belittling Massa for just one race - he's hopeless in almost all wet races. Like I said earlier he's very quick in qualifying and can win dry races from the front, but his racecraft and wet-weather driving are poor in comparison to a lot of other drivers. You don't often see Massa pulling off sublime passing moves. If he doesnt start on pole, its very rare that he will go on to win the race. And dont forget he only led the championship because Kimi & Lewis retired from Canada and then he inherited the win from Kimi in France.

He's improved this year but I would never put money on him to win the title, he is not (and never will be) in the same league as Alonso/Kimi/Lewis

Massa is a bit of a dud in the rain, but then again he drove well (reasonably that is) in Monaco 08.

However after Silverston 08 he will forever be to me the new Spin Doktor to me :whistling:

I remember a little ginger bloke got angry with me once. I didn't give a sh!t either.

It's true that it wasn't just this race where Massa showed his wet skills... he can be really fast, but does he really deserve a seat at Ferrari?? ^_^ Top team drivers should at least be average on wet too, and not miserable.

I really hope there are a lot of wet races coming... <_<

What a bunch of hogwash. Massa is one of the fastest drivers on the grid. All you guys who are throwing daggers at him better hope it rains every GP weekend.

He finished the race didn't he. Kubica and host of others spun and didn't finish, so what does that tell you.???? Massa's engine mapping was all wrong and he could not gently apply power to the rear wheels. His Ferrari had an on-off switch for a throtte. Meaning he had a bunch of low speed spins that he was able to recover from. Had he been carrying any speed he would have been in a trap somewhere long before the count got to 5.

I am always amazed at how guys belittle a driver the moment he has less then a perfect race. LH one week, KR the next, Massa, Kubica they all get slagged on here. Kind of like reading a tabloid. Some of you want to crap in somebody's Corn Flakes so bad you don't even stop to think things through. Just pull out the knives and start hacking!!!!!!

Massa will come back from this and finish First or a very close second to KR for the Championship. The biggest problem for him right now is Ferrari Team orders. Even on points, and LH knocking on the door means Ferrari may have to select KR over Massa to ensure a Drivers Championship. Unlike McClaren Last year, Ferrari(or at least the old Ferrari) will not hesitate to do this.

I don't care what anyone says. A host of driver's battling for the championship is way more fun to watch and debate then the run away WDC we have had in the past.

Re Anthony Davidson.

Must have been waiitng to deliver that remark. Not often a Ferrari ever sees a blue flag that isn't for someone else.

All true, well said.

I've laughed too much at Massa already but what a crap performance, so bad that Lewis might want it to rain for the rest of the season!

I don't know about Massa's winning the WDC, I doubt, one thing is sure his drive in Silverstone was one of the worst ones I've seen by an F-1 driver in a long time, if ever,... My grand mother is pretty good under the rain and I'm pretty sure she would have beaten him ;)

rock !

Re Anthony Davidson.

Agreed.

Infact... I'll go as far and say that Massa's success this year may cause some problems for Ferrari this year.

I'll go as far and say that Massa's success this year may cause some problems for Ferrari this year.

This is a team that didn't flinch when Michael had to support Irvine's title challenge. They let Kimi and Massa fight last year. Maths will dictate an allegiance, there will be little head scratching.

I disagree. In jest I mentioned he kept the car together after everyspin, but in truth that does take skill. Something was not right with that car.

Maybe but I doubt it, Ferrari would have said something to help Felipe save some face. They didn't Felipe just isn't up to it in the rain, simple.

I don't think that Ferrari bothered with any rain set up at all today. Massa surely could not be THAT bad?

I agree, Ferrari were shocking.

Was Massa not on the same set of tyres? Serious question. Ferrari did not hook it up today at all, its unfair to place all of the blame on Felipe when his mechanics cannot be arsed to set a few differentials toward rain. Pretty obvious. But if I was Massa, I'd have just got out of the car on my pit stop and gone to the pub to drown my sorrows. :lol:

Any other track a tyre wall would have put him out of his misery!!!

If you count replays, he spun more times than a roulette wheel.

Funny stuff!!!

And as you mentioned before, he kept it going and actually finished the race. The car was not hooked up and Ferrari made some bad pit decisions. Should have called him in an put him on the Wet tire. This would have been good info for KR and they could have ended up on the podium. They screwed up.

Massa may not like the wet weather racing. It certinaly isn't his strong point. Good thing most races are dry. He still is leading in the championship, even after this disaster.

I agree with everything you said there.

I think that I mentioned it ealier in this thread, it will be a sad day or a very dry season that we have a World Champion that has little skill in the art of driving in the wet.

Massa is very quick in qualifying, and can win races when its dry and he starts at the front. When there's wet weather or actual racing involved, he usually embarrasses himself.

Spot on Jem :D

Massa's no worse than the other 'great championship leaders' we have right now. The guy who probably deserves to lead isn't doing it. And he would be doing it by default, rather than due to incredible performances.

Massa is a bit of a dud in the rain, but then again he drove well (reasonably that is) in Monaco 08.

However after Silverston 08 he will forever be to me the new Spin Doktor to me :whistling:

Well he also had that amazing racing WET moves with Kubica last year in Fuji i think....