Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jez

Lewis, The Media And Dealing With Fame

This is a good article from Mark hughes. I hope Hami read it. Apologies if someone already posted something about this recently.

In his second season of Formula 1 Lewis Hamilton has enjoyed some euphoric highs

I can agree with every word of that.

I am convinced that he will not retire from McLaren. ;) For his well being he will have to kick both fathers in the butt and go somewhere else.

Depends how he said/meant "i've heard you've been writing nasty things about me"....taken as sarcasm, it would be inferred he doesn't give a toss about whats written, and rightly so, but taken as some meatball skinhead might say it with a beer bottle in one hand, face all snarled up, and gesticulating his finger up under your nose, you might think he gave a toss and wanted to give you the bash.

Frankly, it's most likely the former. and Mr Hughes above is "just doing his job" sensationalising a nothing point into something to sell a few copies of whatever trashy magazine or newspaper he writes for.

Personally, I don't give a toss about what is written about any driver, as (a) we don't get half of it here in lil ol NZ, and ( b ) they are race car drivers, and their writing and talking is done between the green flag and the chequer.

Peace out, Holmes

This is a good article from Mark hughes. I hope Hami read it. Apologies if someone already posted something about this recently.

In his second season of Formula 1 Lewis Hamilton has enjoyed some euphoric highs

I can agree with every word of that.

I am convinced that he will not retire from McLaren. ;)For his well being he will have to kick both fathers in the butt and go somewhere else.

I've been saying that since last year.

The truly amussing thing is that, no matter the fckups, Hamilton insists that the advice he gets is from his father and from his father alone... way to go down in flames, man. When things get rough, the last thing one should do is to point fingers at one's own father... even if it were to be the case (as it is now) that it is _his_responsibility_.

There's some truth to the article. Hamilton obviously has been thrust into the limelight very quickly and has a fair amount of pressure to handle, which would probably take its toll on most young people. At the same time, Hughes has an obvious conflict of interest here and to some extent he's also defending himself. If I were famous I think I'd try to avoid reading anything about me - hell, I already have to take that attitude when people call me a pervert round here...

The article makes sense, it does apply well to Hamilton, perhaps not to a lot of other drivers though, but we have to remember that Lewis' situation is unique.

Ahhh Hamilton's whinning? Oh, the press and fans do not like that?

Welcome to the Alonso's world. :P

Seriously, the guy is having a hard time on track, mostly because of lack of focus, I think, which is good, for is not so hard to revert That's all he should care about.

As for the rest, the press will follow him everywhere. He will be asked about every second of his life, about the rise in oil prices, about James Joyce's symbology, etc. And they will judge him for every word, for every reaction. He will be called a whiner if he protests against it. He will be called arrogant if he doesn't. I am even starting to feel sorry for him, though not too much. Last year everything was perfect and he loved, he absolutely loved the attention and the press and the glamour and all that bulls##t.

Now, my friend, cope with it.

There's some truth to the article. Hamilton obviously has been thrust into the limelight very quickly and has a fair amount of pressure to handle, which would probably take its toll on most young people. At the same time, Hughes has an obvious conflict of interest here and to some extent he's also defending himself. If I were famous I think I'd try to avoid reading anything about me - hell, I already have to take that attitude when people call me a pervert round here...

(Prime ground for satire, thank you)

Indeed, "Hamilton obviously has been thrust into the limelight very quickly" but unlike Alonso, Kimi, Kubica that are media whores in need of attention, be it flashy parties or company, Hamilton is a humble man that has withdrawn from all this nonsense in order to concentrate on his driving. It makes this situation even more unfair...

It all comes down to the sound advice and management that Hamilton enjoys while others like Kimi or Kubica are lacking. That might be the reason why I read the other day that Kubica "was knackered and needed a drink",... or was it Alonso?... or was it Kimi? Can't say but what is certain is that such infantile blubber would've never ever come out of Hamilton's mouth...

Ahhh, the modest king, the best driver in F1 history, an example for all to follow...

:lol: No one said it was "unfair", nor that Hamilton wasn't partly to blame, nor that his advisors are perfect. Hamilton has his weaknesses, just as Kimi (or was it Lewis who was caught choking his chicken in a strip club?) and the others do. Kubica stands out as more down to earth.

All I have to say if he stops bigging himself up and playing his pimpin' street cred rappability to the press at races, he wouldn't have to worry about anything nasty being said about him now would he? Simple, really.

All I have to say if he stops bigging himself up and playing his pimpin' street cred rappability to the press at races, he wouldn't have to worry about anything nasty being said about him now would he? Simple, really.

+1 agree

The article is spot on and the message contained there in should be heeded by the young upstart or else.... Pimpin and all that ghetto rap speak conjures up negative connotations and is arguably out of place in a snobby F1 environment. Lewis should study the likes of Senna, Michael,Tiger Woods, Roger Federer - They speak less to the press/fans and let their talent do the talking.

Perhaps you should become his manager? :D

Oh and blah, blah, Hamilton, blah......

Were you the one whining about not being "respected" a few posts back? Can't really tell you lewisterics apart...

Either way, don't change your ways... there is no better demonstration of what lewisteria is than your drooling echolalia.

:lol: No one said it was "unfair", nor that Hamilton wasn't partly to blame, nor that his advisors are perfect. Hamilton has his weaknesses, just as Kimi (or was it Lewis who was caught choking his chicken in a strip club?) and the others do. Kubica stands out as more down to earth.

It isn't unfair? Really? So it is deserved, in your opinion. Do elaborate.

Were you the one whining

Whining? Nope don't like the stuff I prefer Bacardi. :)

....about not being "respected" a few posts back?

Oh I *know* I command your respect Maure :D

Can't really tell you lewisterics apart...

Not me guv got me confused with others on this forum - le wisteric (Definition: French term for person who really likes Wisteria, a flowering woody vine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisteria).

I don't like gardening. :)

there is no better demonstration of what lewisteria is

There you go on about Le Wisteria again... I think you're becoming obsessed... :) That's all you seem to post about. I feel its my duty to break you of this unhealthy obsession. :)

than your drooling echolalia.

I'm not sure if you mean echolalia or e-coli?

Either way, don't change your ways...

Oh OK, I'll carry on then. Blah, blah, Hamilton, blah

There's some truth to the article. Hamilton obviously has been thrust into the limelight very quickly and has a fair amount of pressure to handle, which would probably take its toll on most young people.

Bulls... FA was WDC for the second time at Lewis' age. Another girl won 4 skiing olympic medals on single OG and 2 world cups at his age. They did not break under media pressure, but also did not go walk red carpet in Canes or hang out with 'stars'... Have you ever read a report of KR attending awards ceremony at Canes film festival or being photographed with selfproclaimed 'star', or being received in the private audience by whoever?

Bulls... FA was WDC for the second time at Lewis' age. Another girl won 4 skiing olympic medals on single OG and 2 world cups at his age. They did not break under media pressure, but also did not go walk red carpet in Canes or hang out with 'stars'... Have you ever read a report of KR attending awards ceremony at Canes film festival or being photographed with selfproclaimed 'star', or being received in the private audience by whoever?

I think that Fernando's demons were internal. Lewis may have pressures but they are all out in the open. I doubt that he has personal issues. He has much self belief and no paranoia. He'll be fine.

I think that Fernando's demons were internal. Lewis may have pressures but they are all out in the open. I doubt that he has personal issues. He has much self belief and no paranoia. He'll be fine.

If you believe this is true, you're delusional.

Yep, I think once he gets past the 'nobody has ever been in my situation before' mentality, he'll get over it. The folly of youth.

Actually, I like sports people more when they give the media a bit of stick, especially as it always get exactly the same reaction from the media whenever it's done, doesn't matter who does it :lol:

It isn't unfair? Really? So it is deserved, in your opinion. Do elaborate.

I neither said it was fair nor unfair, and I don't think worrying about whether it is or not would do him any good - it's simply to be expected, given his prominence and talent. But I do think it's amusing to see you of all people asking for others to clarify their views. Do remind us exactly how talented Alonso is and how little anyone cares about someone so low down in the WDC. :lol:

:lol: Bollocks. Lewis is not yet 24, so at his age Fernando had not won a WDC, and hadn't even won as many races as Lewis has. In fact I seem to remember him having to work pretty hard to stay ahead of Jarno at this point in his career. Besides, Maure tells me that (despite his early successes) Alonso isn't particularly talented so no one cares about him nowadays. And Kimi...well, no I've not heard about him meeting a "star", but I've heard about his drinking and masturbating in public. I've also heard how lazy he is, and we've all seen it ourselves. And some girl won some medals? Good for her, but obviously women mature faster than men, which is why women sports stars are often slightly younger than their male counterparts.

Yup. Anyone who thinks Fernando doesn't have issues with pressure too should go talk to Pat Symmonds.

If you believe this is true, you're delusional.

:lol: Did you type that yourself?

:lol: Bollocks. Lewis is not yet 24, so at his age Fernando had not won a WDC, and hadn't even won as many races as Lewis has. In fact I seem to remember him having to work pretty hard to stay ahead of Jarno at this point in his career. Besides, Maure tells me that (despite his early successes) Alonso isn't particularly talented so no one cares about him nowadays. And Kimi...well, no I've not heard about him meeting a "star", but I've heard about his drinking and masturbating in public. I've also heard how lazy he is, and we've all seen it ourselves. And some girl won some medals? Good for her, but obviously women mature faster than men, which is why women sports stars are often slightly younger than their male counterparts.

Not forgetting that men mature at different ages too. I mean, is Kimi even shaving yet?? :lol: