Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jez

Lewis, The Media And Dealing With Fame

Whining? Nope don't like the stuff I prefer Bacardi. :)

Oh I *know* I command your respect Maure :D

Not me guv got me confused with others on this forum - le wisteric (Definition: French term for person who really likes Wisteria, a flowering woody vine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisteria).

I don't like gardening. :)

There you go on about Le Wisteria again... I think you're becoming obsessed... :) That's all you seem to post about. I feel its my duty to break you of this unhealthy obsession. :)

I'm not sure if you mean echolalia or e-coli?

Oh OK, I'll carry on then. Blah, blah, Hamilton, blah

It's amusing to have you following me around begging for attention (now, there is an obsession for you to be concerned about).

And, yes. Amusement turns to hilarity when the best you can do is babble...

I think that Fernando's demons were internal. Lewis may have pressures but they are all out in the open. I doubt that he has personal issues. He has much self belief and no paranoia. He'll be fine.

You are right there. Alonso imagined it all... even when RD made him the fall guy for the espionage affari, it was all in Alonso's head... hilarious. Or when RD stupidly supported Hamilton's claim that McLaren fixes races... all of it was Alonso paranoia... none of it ever happened. H-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s.

If you believe this is true, you're delusional.

He does and he is.

I neither said it was fair nor unfair, and I don't think worrying about whether it is or not would do him any good - it's simply to be expected, given his prominence and talent. But I do think it's amusing to see you of all people asking for others to clarify their views. Do remind us exactly how talented Alonso is and how little anyone cares about someone so low down in the WDC. :lol:

Your short memory span is becoming as legendary as your bigoted hatred of Spaniards.

Here is what you wrote: "No one said it was "unfair", nor that Hamilton wasn't partly to blame"

Beyond that, I cannot say "how little anyone cares about" about Alonso because, while true in my case, it would be a lie in yours... Alonso is at the center of your existence. This is a fact. Just look at the next sentence you write:

:lol: Bollocks. Lewis is not yet 24, so at his age Fernando had not won a WDC, and hadn't even won as many races as Lewis has.

See? Alonso again... and, of course, this is another one of those cases where you are NOT comparing Hamilton with Alonso... the center of your existence.

Geez, man, if I paid you guys, you wouldn't be any more hilarious...

Your short memory span is becoming as legendary as your bigoted hatred of Spaniards.

Here is what you wrote: "No one said it was "unfair", nor that Hamilton wasn't partly to blame"

Nope. It's your reasoning skills that are below par I'm afraid. There is no contradiction whatsoever between my statements above. Unfortunately for you there is a contradiction in your posts, and not for the first time.

That Alonso, a driver most of us care about only marginally at best
Beyond that, I cannot say "how little anyone cares about" about Alonso
See? Alonso again... and, of course, this is another one of those cases where you are NOT comparing Hamilton with Alonso... the center of your existence.

Yup. I was comparing Hamilton to Alonso. And everyone knows the reason why: Wapi made some factually incorrect statements that ought to be corrected. Of course you probably care less about factual inaccuracies than you do about Alonso.

Nope. It's your reasoning skills that are below par I'm afraid. There is no contradiction whatsoever between my statements above. Unfortunately for you there is a contradiction in your posts, and not for the first time.

At least your desperation to deny your own words has not made you dive for the spell-checker or start insulting Spaniards.

Almost an improvement but not enough not to make you hilarious.

Yup. I was comparing Hamilton to Alonso. And everyone knows the reason why: Wapi made some factually incorrect statements that ought to be corrected. Of course you probably care less about factual inaccuracies than you do about Alonso.

Facts?

While I laugh so hard that I find it difficult to type, let us recall that you were comparing a driver whose first season was on the car _to_beat_, with drivers that had to wait for years to get a decent ride. Can you not tell the difference between a McLaren and a Sauber? If so, you blatantly lied (that's amusing). If not, well... yes, that's just hilarious.

Let's keep on laughing. You are worth it.

2006: McLaren was nowhere.

2007: McLaren was the team to beat.

2008: McLaren is lost.

What on earth happened on 2007?

Hamilton? If so, how come McLaren is now... lost?

Espionage? Impossible. Murray has cried rivers of insults denying it ever happened.

Alonso? Blasphemy! Alonso couldn't tune a scooter as Murray hatefully spews on and on and on... and on and on and on... and on and on and on...

Hilarious, freaking hilarious. Thank you.

Why a few people has to always turn a Lewis criticizing thread into an Alonso bashing thread? :eusa_think:

:nono1:

Why a few people has to always turn a Lewis criticizing thread into an Alonso bashing thread? :eusa_think:

What???? Where??? There's a thread criticising Lewis and bashing Alonso, here on TF1??? If there is, it will be a first :lol:

Anyway, more importantly, where exactly have you been, eh?? Did you go to Euro 2008 or something?

This wasn't supposed to be a thread criticising Lewis, it was supposed to be a thread offering some insight into Lewis' recent form, Jez started this thread, not one of the many Lewis bashing idiots. Sadly like a lot of current threads it's descended into s##t.

Meanwhile, nobody objects the rising amounts of weee weee in formula one and the lack of true vroom vroom which is the only way to go.

You are right there. Alonso imagined it all... even when RD made him the fall guy for the espionage affari, it was all in Alonso's head... hilarious. Or when RD stupidly supported Hamilton's claim that McLaren fixes races... all of it was Alonso paranoia... none of it ever happened. H-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s.

Ah shutupa ya face.

Anyway, more importantly, where exactly have you been, eh?? Did you go to Euro 2008 or something?

I've been in the north of Spain. No PC, no TF1... I watched semifinals there but I was back in Madrid for the final.

This wasn't supposed to be a thread criticising Lewis, it was supposed to be a thread offering some insight into Lewis' recent form, Jez started this thread, not one of the many Lewis bashing idiots. Sadly like a lot of current threads it's descended into s##t.

Ok, no criticising just analysing but too often Alonso and Hamilton com up together in a thread here in TF1.

Vroom, vroom... Silverstone.

Meanwhile, nobody objects the rising amounts of weee weee in formula one and the lack of true vroom vroom which is the only way to go.

Exsqueeze me! I think you'll find that I backed you in your bid to introduce more vroom vroom.

Facts?

While I laugh so hard that I find it difficult to type, let us recall that you were comparing a driver whose first season was on the car _to_beat_, with drivers that had to wait for years to get a decent ride. Can you not tell the difference between a McLaren and a Sauber? If so, you blatantly lied (that's amusing). If not, well... yes, that's just hilarious.

I simply pointed out that Wapi's "facts" were completely false. There was no attempt on my part to say who was the more impressive driver, as anyone can tell from the posts.

:lol: Yes that's almost a fair point. But re-read the thread and you'll see that Maure was the first to compare Alonso to Hamilton, and Wapi the second (actually Andres might have been first but he of course did it in a fair and intelligent way). Don't blame the Lewis fans this time.

I simply pointed out that Wapi's "facts" were completely false. There was no attempt on my part to say who was the more impressive driver, as anyone can tell from the posts.

:lol: Yes that's almost a fair point. But re-read the thread and you'll see that Maure was the first to compare Alonso to Hamilton, and Wapi the second (actually Andres might have been first but he of course did it in a fair and intelligent way). Don't blame the Lewis fans this time.

I did what???

Oh yeah, you're right :D

I am that fair and intelligent :lol:

I got it wrong in my memory. I thought 22 was the age of youngest WDC so far. My apologies, so there is still chance... Keep your fingers crossed! :)

BTW you missed the point. My believe is that he is doing wrong things outside track and even some of his most passionate celebrity supporters agree on that. He is the only driver on the grid to maintain lifestyle of celebrity and I think it is obvious that it does not work well. His father is trying to milk his popularity as much as possible but he might kill the cow in the process.

No worries. And I agree that he needs to settle down and stop caring what the press say. I think he has this philosophy of making sure he makes a good impression with everyone, for selfish reasons of course, a bit like a good politician might. There's something to be said for that approach but with the media you just have to accept they're going to say negative things some of the time, rightly or wrongly.

I am that fair and intelligent :lol:

:lol: You've got the intelligence down pat, but if you want to take your fairness to the next level, check out some of my posts.

:lol: You've got the intelligence down pat, but if you want to take your fairness to the next level, check out some of my posts.

Indeed. The fartiness levels of your posts is beyond reproach. :whistling:

True that. I dont post much anymore but it was worth a shot.

Ah shutupa ya face.

:lol: It gets like that.

Also, the only F1 driver to talk consistently to Brundle on his grid walk this season is Massa...................and who's leading the championship :eusa_think::lol:

And Rosberg!

Ahhh Hamilton's whinning? Oh, the press and fans do not like that?

Welcome to the Alonso's world. :P

I think there's a big difference. Hamilton appears to be complaining about negative media attention, this being the first time he's experienced it.

Alonso on the other hand 'whined' about several things at Renault, at McLaren, and now still doing it at Renault.

By the way this is not Alonso-bashing, this is just pointing out a difference between 2 situations. I don't wish to continue to talk about Alonso.

Hamilton is still going through new experiences, this is the first time that he's had to deal with negative press, he will learn to deal with it, its all part of gaining experience. And anyone who thinks he hasnt got a lot of pressure on his shoulders is a fool. The attention on him in Britain is absolutely massive and he's expected to win the championship, he is Britain's latest 'hope'

F1 fans can be fairly fair-weather; towards the end of last season it was Alonso under fire, then Lewis, after the first couple of races everyone was writing off Massa, after that came Kimi and now it's Lewis' turn again. That said it's a fairly revealing statistic that he's starting to show signs of strain publicly and you have to go back five races to find his last race weekend free of any significant driving errors and even then he finished 2nd. Lewis hasn't been the class of the field since the first race.

The challenge put forward by Button was amusing and by adding the idea of money for charity it was a win-win situation for Button.

Either

a. Hamilton chickened out (Button wins)

b. Hamilton accepts and wins (Button gives money to charity = win as he didn't make the original comment)

c. Hamilton accepts and doesn't win (Button wins - Hamilton looks silly for saying he is fitter)

Hamilton (& co) in the end didn't use media to a good effect by saying he was fitter and that something should be arranged. I can't believe they came out so quickly to pull him out. Should have said 'we'll do something in the off season' and never get around to it...

All that about being the fittest one is another brick in the wall of bad PR strategy. Another piece of s... is today's news that Hamiltons are considering investment in the hotel in their old homeland Grenada they even allegedly engaged in negotiations with prime minister about the terms of the deal. May be that this another "licence plate", but let's assume it is not (some reputable British papers reported on it). Why was that info leaked to the press? Do you know where MS invests its income, or Felipe Massa or Kimi Raikonnen or Fernando Alonso or Ron Dennis. Of course not, because a) it is none of your business to know, B) they do not make show of anything they do except driving.

I am really convinced that LH should fire his manager.

Lewis hasn't been the class of the field since the first race.

True, but neither of any of the other top-team drivers. No-one is really class of the field at the moment!

I don't understand this!

You're all moaning about how nobody really stands out at the moment, yet when Schumi was in F1 it was all ''F1 is so boring. We need a new champion.''

Enjoy the variety. I mean how long is it since we've had three people in a tie at the top of the WDC? Its blinkin marvellous!

I don't understand this!

You're all moaning about how nobody really stands out at the moment, yet when Schumi was in F1 it was all ''F1 is so boring. We need a new champion.''

Enjoy the variety. I mean how long is it since we've had three people in a tie at the top of the WDC? Its blinkin marvellous!

1 year now... I just realised xD