Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Coulthard Goes

Just a little longing. -_- Now if Barrichello retires too, the only geezer left is Trulli.

Who knows if he had made this decision if his season had started out better.

Well, you can be sure a likeable guy in Australia is crying.

:lol:

Indeed. Ykick doesn't visit enough as it is, he's going to appear even less now.

DC has made the right decision, I can't say I'll miss him but everything must come to an end. I hope he has a good second half of this season.

:lol:

Indeed. Ykick doesn't visit enough as it is, he's going to appear even less now.

Yeah Ykick i guess got more busy with life...

Right decision, right time. Hope he has a fullfiiling retirement. His brains would be welcome at the BBC.

I read that it was possibly gonna happen last night on the news feeds, but when I just heard it over the radio a few mins ago I just had to scream a no, I'm just thankful that I finally get to see him in action this weekend at his last British GP :) All we Brits can hope for now is a nice podium consisting of Hamilton, Button and Coulthard!! (Be quite amazing if it does actually happen though! Lol) Would be a nice farewell though!

I'm just suprised that Red Bull are keeping Webber, be interesting to see who he now gets partnered with from Torro Rosso!

Just a little longing. -_- Now if Barrichello retires too, the only geezer left is Trulli.

Who knows if he had made this decision if his season had started out better.

And Fisi!

I'm sad to see DC go, but the time is right. He gave me some great memories (I was on my feet watching Austria 2001, that was an amazing race).

He's just a great guy and I hope he does join the BBC commentary team, or continue racing in some other way.

And Fisi!

I'm sad to see DC go, but the time is right. He gave me some great memories (I was on my feet watching Austria 2001, that was an amazing race).

He's just a great guy and I hope he does join the BBC commentary team, or continue racing in some other way.

He should host a tv show that rivals Top Gear :D .

As far as the sport is concerned this decision came with a 5-6 year delay.

On the other hand it's not all about being WC.

A good salary, nice lifestyle and racing at 200mph every other sunday.

I would have probably carried on untill I was too fat to get in the car, even if winning never looked within reach.

The last of the old guard saying good bye, it is kinda sad I think. He is a good driver, he is also a great guy to see interviewed because he always speaks the truth, the grid will loose a great personality.

The last of the old guard saying good bye, it is kinda sad I think. He is a good driver, he is also a great guy to see interviewed because he always speaks the truth, the grid will loose a great personality.

Amen.

I'm actually sad to see him go :eusa_think: .

Let's hope the grid finally re-claims some special personalities along the way, because for the time being that's exactly what's missing.

Sad to see him go. I hope Barrichello stays around some more. I like Rubinho better.

Good time to leave and enjoy life...good for him, I wish him a good second part of the season.

He should be happy to be alive...

16427_1209370280.jpg

"Learjet 35A G-MURI was undertaking a flight between Farnborouh et Nice. While in cruise at FL 390, it suffered a failure on the left engine. The crew decided to divert to Lyon airport. The aircraft was guided on final approach to runway 36L by the ILS. On short final, when just over the runway threshold, the aircraft banked sharply to the left, the wing touched the ground and it crahed and it caught fire. Pilots have been killed. The three passagers are safe. One of them was the F1 pilot David Coulthard."

he is a lucky guy. -_-

Good time to leave and enjoy life...good for him, I wish him a good second part of the season.

He should be happy to be alive...

16427_1209370280.jpg

"Learjet 35A G-MURI was undertaking a flight between Farnborouh et Nice. While in cruise at FL 390, it suffered a failure on the left engine. The crew decided to divert to Lyon airport. The aircraft was guided on final approach to runway 36L by the ILS. On short final, when just over the runway threshold, the aircraft banked sharply to the left, the wing touched the ground and it crahed and it caught fire. Pilots have been killed. The three passagers are safe. One of them was the F1 pilot David Coulthard."

he is a lucky guy. -_-

Bah, he had seen better wrecks at Spa. :P

Agree.

Good to see that David will be staying on with RBR as a test driver and consultant, that sort of experience is vital. Seb Vettel set to step up to the RBR seat along side Mark for 2009 without doubt. I bet Bourdais is breathing a sigh of relief.

The World is mourning today as the best character in formula 1 retires. Now all the F1 paddock is left with are mindless robots like Hamilton and Raikkonen. He is my favourite driver so it is a sad day for me but it isnt like it is unexpected as 37 is a rather old in formula 1 terms. I hope he gest a job in the media as a formula 1 would be worse of without Coulthard who like i said eariler is one of the only drivers in modern formula 1 who has a personality.

Coulthard had a great career and he has the record for most wins by a British driver and most points by a British driver which isnt bad. Coulthard is a proven race winner and has managed to win in uncompetitive cars which is the true sign of skill.

On another note it shows how long its been since Senna's death as Coulthard was Williams test driver when Senna died so Coulthard took Senna's race seat afew Grand Prix later. Then Coulthard was a young man begining his career and now he is 37 years old and about to retire.

^ I felt the same when Michael finally thought it only fair to give the others a chance. I guess David realised that all the one fingered salutes in the world were still never going to make him champion, even with the best driver in the world gone. :D

Personally I think that leaving at the end of last season would have been a little wiser - I don't want to remember DC as the driver that was running into people in a below par car - I'd rather remember the days of fighting for lead in his McLaren. I think his career has been on the downturn for a while. I respect the guy and his personality a lot and it's good that he's seen sense. He was starting to find it difficult to accept that there are other faster driver/car combos than him and his reactions to his recent shunts were getting a bit "it can't be my fault" - that's a good sign that it's time to make way.

Congrats on a long and distinguished career in F1 and here's hoping he doesn't leave the sport behind completely - like others have said, we need good comentators et al and he'll still be valuable to redbull in testing and development - he's got the experience for that kind of work.

'Coulthard had a great career and he has the record for most wins by a British driver '

Mansell, Hill, Stewart etc????

A few people are saying he's last of the old guard but there's still Trulli going strong, Rubens, Fisichella, they've all been around 12 years or more