Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Coulthard Goes

I would have probably carried on untill I was too fat to get in the car

Nigel, is that you?

Ykick - time to change your avatar.

Dribbler - time to change your sig.

The rest - time to do either one.

Ykick - time to change your avatar.

Dribbler - time to change your sig.

The rest - time to do either one.

Who is the character in your avatar?

Tears. Of Laughter. And joy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVGBCY9kJR8

Yep. that was quite stupid... although one doesn't have to go back some 12 years to find similar pitlane incidents and with worse consequences...

DC hasn't done much of late. I remember a 3rd a couple of years ago (Monaco) and another 3rd this year at Canada... it seems difficult that he will get that lucky again for the reminder of the season... although the capacity of the front runners to fckup is growing by leap and bounds...

By the way, isn't that 3rd in Canada his only points so far this season? Hmmm...

Mansell, Hill, Stewart etc????

A few people are saying he's last of the old guard but there's still Trulli going strong, Rubens, Fisichella, they've all been around 12 years or more

But Trulli and Fissi were never of the same caliber as DC to begin with

True though about Rubens, still DC was the only guy who had the ability to challenge Michael and Mika and JV and DH on a regular basis when not held back by the team. Rubens was spotty at the best of times.

So long DC been great having him in F1 with his aggressive racing style! I know Louise Goodman will be really upset & won't even interview him for the 1st time since ever!

Right decision, right time. Hope he has a fullfiiling retirement. His brains would be welcome at the BBC.

:thumb: My thoughts exactly!

To be quite honest, DC has always really irritated me throughout his career in F1, but of late have found respect for the guy. I did appreciate his comments on his little interview on ITV yesterday where he stated that he had the opportunity to win the WDC with his race winning cars but will never be ashamed that he did not win as he came second only to Michael Schumacher.

Will hope he puts his extensive knowledge into commentating. Educate the few gloryhunters that know nothing about F1. :lol:

:thumb: My thoughts exactly!

To be quite honest, DC has always really irritated me throughout his career in F1, but of late have found respect for the guy. I did appreciate his comments on his little interview on ITV yesterday where he stated that he had the opportunity to win the WDC with his race winning cars but will never be ashamed that he did not win as he came second only to Michael Schumacher.

Will hope he puts his extensive knowledge into commentating. Educate the few gloryhunters that know nothing about F1. :lol:

few? I would say almost 90% of people reporting on F1 have no idea about it at all

he stated that he had the opportunity to win the WDC with his race winning cars but will never be ashamed that he did not win as he came second only to Michael Schumacher.
He forgot to say Hakkinen but back then he had to cos of RD being a d#ck!

He forgot to say Hakkinen but back then he had to cos of RD being a d#ck!

Too right. Question: Given the chance, do you think DC would have beaten Mika? I'll say no!

Villeneuve,Montoya,Schumacher,Sato,Coulthard.This is sad.

Ide, Albers, Burti, Yoong.

Yep but that was a different era now. Time to move on!

By the way, lets debate, what was DC's best ever win?

Yep but that was a different era now. Time to move on!

By the way, lets debate, what was DC's best ever win?

That ain't fair. You'll have to refresh my memory. I'm past it now Jem!

Hmm, this is a test of my F1 knowledge, but here goes:

1)Portugal 95

2)Melbourne 97

3)Monza 97

4)Imola 98

5)Britain 99

6)Belgium 99

7)Britain 2000

8)Monaco 2000

9)France 2000

10)Austria 2001

11)Brazil 2001

12)Monaco 2002

13)Melbourne 2003

I wont be surprised at all if there's an error or 2 in that list!

Too right. Question: Given the chance, do you think DC would have beaten Mika? I'll say no!

My experience so far following motorsports is that when speaking of top drivers they can always beat each other.

So, if they raced the same car in certain circuits you 'd probably have a winner, who may not be the winner the next time.

Also, even in the same team, even though the cars have the same specs, they still are not the same. So if a driver gets luckier than the other and gets a car that for whatever reason is 0,001 faster than the other, that could influence the outcome.

The funniest moment for me in DC's career was when he crashed on the parade lap in Spa at the Bus Stop one year.

Classic.

Awww, i wanted that one. Okay, i'll have the one where he crashed on entering the pitlane.