Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AleHop

Silverstone: Practice, Qualy, Race, Bashing, Swearing, Etc.

Practice 3 review:

A wet Saturday practice took some time to heat up but looking to qualifying it seems the track is getting very dry and back into perfect racing conditions. A damp Saturday Practice session began and Nick Heidfeld was the first person on track to evaluate his setup in the wet conditions. Timo Glock followed shortly behind and immediately after 75% of the drivers where on track. Glock unusually did 2 install laps the reason was probably due to the bad day from yesterday and testing the repairs which had been made yesterday with his clutch. Heidfeld seemed not to impressed speaking over the radio to his team about the car not having a nice turn in and losing some grip in this weather and sounded fairly downbeat.

Trulli set the first time of the session with a 1.38.410 some 19 seconds off last year

Hello mikethegreat I see your an SR-71 fan , if you do alittle research you'll see that they weren't called "blackbirds" well not the squadron on Okinawa but , rather Habu the snake with the deadly bite , we used to sit at the end of the runway at night and watch them take off , bestest AB section of any plane .

Also you like the YF-23 as well to be honest as a former jet mechanic I thought it was a better choice then the YF-22 but being only a Phantom phixer what do I know .

Good on McLaren for allowing Kova to run. They've got themselves a pole.

Webber, my man, congrats to the long suffering aussies. I suppose they've learned from Renault that a front row can be achieved on a spit of fuel... since, after all, the front runners are a dirty, stinking, fcking shame to look at.

Kubica? Massa? There's gotta be a story there.

Well done Webber 2nd place on the grid & to Kovy aswell for getting his 1st pole position of his F1 career!!! What the hell happened to Massa?? Ever since that crash in free practice yesterday (cos of Alonso's crap car) he's been all over the place! Also well done to the Torro Rosso's who did fantastic, wouldn't be surprised cos Bourdais really wanted to prove that he ain't just a French nerd who won 5 titles in America for going around in circles for 2 hours (only a few of the races)

What happened to the Great Brit who by the British media is tipped to beat Schumacher's records?

*rubs hands*

this will be a good race

EDIT - in answer to someone's question about Kubica -

he didn't go out in Q3 as the team found some last minute problem at the back of his car.

As for Massa - who knows - getting the car back up to spec after that crash could have cost Ferrari.

Just thought - this will be good for making the championship even tighter too.

Kubica and Massa in 9th and 10th are positions 1 and 2 in the WDC right now. Kimi and Hamilton have a golden oportunity to get back on par - I wonder who will make the most of the oportunity and who will manage most damage control from 9th / 10th on the grid.

Kovi, Webber, Heidfeld, Alonso, Piquet and Vettel all up there to make things messy. Who's on what fuel loads too?

One more ingredient - and there's a good chance of it......RAIN

Webber of course will not finish in 2nd place. I am tipping Kimi to be 2nd or even win the race. I like more than half the members on this forum would definitely love to see Kovy outperform Lewis in the race, which would definitely be helped by Kimi sandwiched in between them.

Webber of course will not finish in 2nd place.

That right he'll finish 1st :lol:

Congrates to Heikki and Mark, great stuff.

What happened to the Great Brit who by the British media is tipped to beat Schumacher's records?

He's too good to be on pole...

Webber was fantastic, I didn't expect it at all, and Kovi on pole is great, I like him a lot :)

I'm really looking forward to the race tomorrow!

Too bad I missed the quali, courtesy power cuts in this s##thole. Happy for Kova, Webbo. Sad for Ferrari. I'm mystified by Massa's lack of pace. Did the shunt on Friday have something to do with not being able to "dial in" good settings?

Yes Scruffy topped the time sheets for the day, and considering they rebuilt his Ferrari and got it back on the track for the second practice with limited running he still topped KR.

I was only talking about 2nd practice, keep your hair on, for crying out loud.

And yes, when he got on track, he hardly seemd to do a lap without putting his wheels in the dirt and that is what I am referring to. However, if you watched the 2nd practice session and you think that was a stellar drive by Massa, then please, be my guest, but I have seen him drive a whole lot better than that.

Too bad I missed the quali, courtesy power cuts in this s##thole. Happy for Kova, Webbo. Sad for Ferrari. I'm mystified by Massa's lack of pace. Did the shunt on Friday have something to do with not being able to "dial in" good settings?

I would guess so, Jay. The Ferrari looked a handful in the Friday 2nd practice session for both drivers, not sure why, considering the first session seemed to go ok. Massa's car has been rebuilt, so I guess there may be a problem, or something not to his liking.

I was only talking about 2nd practice, keep your hair on, for crying out loud.

And yes, when he got on track, he hardly seemd to do a lap without putting his wheels in the dirt and that is what I am referring to. However, if you watched the 2nd practice session and you think that was a stellar drive by Massa, then please, be my guest, but I have seen him drive a whole lot better than that.

A 180 MPH shunt and a rebuilt car might do that to you.

Will Ferrari take a penalty, touch the car and start Massa at the back of the grid on a different strategy???? With a very compettive car is it better to be at the back or midfield at the start of a GP???? They have Kimi near the front and Massa's position allows them to experiment. Start him at the back with lots of fuel, and let him wait out the weather tomorrow. If rain plays into it tomorrow, maybe you set Massa up to make the most of a wet race.

What happens if it is raining tomorrow. Do they guys have to start on the Tires they qualified on????

I think the gusting cross and tail wind was a major factor in todays qualifying. It was a little bit of a crap shoot out there

I was a little disappointed on the long face on Hamilton today. The media clip I saw he totally ignored Kovalankin through the whole thing. I would have thought he could have shared some of the excitment of his teammate's pole.

Missed the qualy :(

Renault is were it usually is. Oh, crap! I hope both guys can do something interesting during race. As for the remaining drivers, who gives a s##t? :P

A 180 MPH shunt and a rebuilt car might do that to you.

Will Ferrari take a penalty, touch the car and start Massa at the back of the grid on a different strategy???? With a very compettive car is it better to be at the back or midfield at the start of a GP???? They have Kimi near the front and Massa's position allows them to experiment. Start him at the back with lots of fuel, and let him wait out the weather tomorrow. If rain plays into it tomorrow, maybe you set Massa up to make the most of a wet race.

What happens if it is raining tomorrow. Do they guys have to start on the Tires they qualified on????

I think the gusting cross and tail wind was a major factor in todays qualifying. It was a little bit of a crap shoot out there

I was a little disappointed on the long face on Hamilton today. The media clip I saw he totally ignored Kovalankin through the whole thing. I would have thought he could have shared some of the excitment of his teammate's pole.

What's your problem exactly? All i said was in the 2nd practice Massa was really scruffy. There could have been a variety of reasons for it, who knows, which is why I said he was scruffy, not that he's a sh!t driver or something. I wasn't bashing Massa, just stating the facts. Geez :lol:

No, if it's raining they are allowed to change tyres and make some wing adjustments. There are some other minor things they do, but I can't remember what exactly.

Missed the qualy :(

Renault is were it usually is. Oh, crap! I hope both guys can do something interesting during race. As for the remaining drivers, who gives a s##t? :P

Exactly. Yay Renault :lol:

What's your problem exactly? All i said was in the 2nd practice Massa was really scruffy. There could have been a variety of reasons for it, who knows, which is why I said he was scruffy, not that he's a sh!t driver or something. I wasn't bashing Massa, just stating the facts. Geez :lol:

No, if it's raining they are allowed to change tyres and make some wing adjustments. There are some other minor things they do, but I can't remember what exactly.

Don't trust any word Paul says, YHR.

Paul has been a notorius anti Massa for long now. He is facing a lawsuit from Todt's son for his attacks. Worst one was that one day when, after watching one of Felipinho's press conferences, someone heard Paul murmuring: "Piffle!"

DON'T DENY IT, PAUL! WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE! WE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE AFTER!

The pain and shame of seeing Button reduced to a back of the grid runner is definitely sweetened by the results Webber has been bringing in. Unfortunately Red Bull don't seem to be making good starts and at the front that will cost him 2nd and 3rd I think. I really hope he isn't too light on fuel and just pulled out an awesome lap (can't wait to actually see a BIT of it!!).

Heikki must feel a bit of relief that his speed is finally converted into something meaningful although rather short lived (if he doesn't take the win).

Glad to see Piquet improving and Glock is definitely growing on me, but Toyota have to be scratching their heads.