Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AleHop

Silverstone: Practice, Qualy, Race, Bashing, Swearing, Etc.

What's your problem exactly? All i said was in the 2nd practice Massa was really scruffy. There could have been a variety of reasons for it, who knows, which is why I said he was scruffy, not that he's a sh!t driver or something. I wasn't bashing Massa, just stating the facts. Geez :lol:

No, if it's raining they are allowed to change tyres and make some wing adjustments. There are some other minor things they do, but I can't remember what exactly.

????? I don't think I was taking you to task on anything really. You made a comment about Scruffy, and I just siad he topped the time sheets for the day, and came up with a couple of reasons for his scruffyness in the 2nd practice.

Wow, could that signature be any taller?

Anyway, Webber is likely running fairly light but even if he isn't he'll struggle in the race. He has, as he usually does, set his car up for qualifying and not the race. Looking at Kimi's performance I would not be at all surprised if he was the highest running driver set up for rain tomorrow.

I am really wanting to see what Kubi can do from 10th.

Also, don't for get Vettle is 8th, now thats a good result, seeing as how he will probably partner Mark next year I cant wait to see how that internal battle will go

I am excited this is surely going to be a great race I think!

I reckon Kovalinen should win barring any real problems or issues happening!

This rain will mix it up a bit and add in a little more fun!

How can Raikkonen have been out for so long on the worn tyres? I dont understand that at all!

This is surely Ferrari fell asleep ?

What you think?

How can Raikkonen have been out for so long on the worn tyres? I dont understand that at all!

What you think?

Yeah, that was very wierd. I would have called him in ages ago.

I think LH will be the next legend in Fomula One, he as Michael Schumacher can do things that you don't expect to win a race, he was superb today.

Kimi and Massa are now tie in the lead of the championship with LH which is good given the race they both had today so we can say we have a new championship now and Ferrari still have the upper hand they were fast today adn they will continue being fast the rest of the season, Kimi could have even won the race if not for that mistake on the tire selection which is a human mistake so the car is still there and I believe that most of the race from now on will be on dry conditions, we lost the race but we got something good out of it and I am impressed by LH performance today I still don't now why he was pushing so hard when he had the race on his pocket and he need the engine for the race as I heard someone tell him on the radio about it.

What you think?

I think they were waiting for a moment were they could just make one more stop, probably if they had call him earlier he wold have to make another stop and he would not be four at the end of the race.

Hamilton was mighty off the line. More mighty in light of the pressure, expectation and recent mistakes. Great to watch, brilliant discipline and big balls by Heikki to come back at him. Scary close. Wow.

Mark wasted an opportunity with his early spin but as he said before the start he would only have been racing the Renault's anyway. Great qualifying.

I like the irony of the Coulthard-Vettel incident; Seb' has nudged DC out of Red Bull, DC gave him a nudge back.

Alonso was mighty early on, he revelled in the tricky conditions. He showed his class.

Great to see Kimi and Lewis finally going wheel to wheel, it should be like this, between these two, all the time. We have had no Michael-Mika, Prost-Senna clash of the titans for a while. We need it.

Kimi's strategy was a nonsense. Staying out on worn inter's with the chance of rain? Did he call it, i wonder? Then they didn't maximise his chances by fuelling him longer so that had he continued the fight with Lewis he could have gone longer. Why did Ferrari get it so wrong? Was Ross looking down the pitlane and trying not to choke on his banana through laughter?

Heidfeld was awesome. Passing two cars in one move, twice.

Great to see Massa finding his old form again. I was begining to get worried for him.

Kubica isn't a robot after all. He is actually fallible.

Did anyone else groan when Lewis was reminded not to do an unthinkable doughnut? Engine preservation, bah!

The best race this year, Lewis's best race ever. And it all happened fifteen miles away from my sofa. Splendid.

Full Marks to Hamilton. He ran a great race.

Ferrari. What the hell were they thinking???? They had Massa running in last and could have used him to test the tires. Kimi was closing on Hamilton and had the lead down to 4 seconds, He pitted and they kept the worn intermediates on. Hamilton went with new intermediates and the race was history!!!!!!!!!

Ferrari race managment came up short, once again this year. I am not saying Kimi would have won, but I am saying it would of been a much better contest for the lead, had Ferrari not blown it. Again they had the luxury of having Massa at the back of the pack. They could have used him to "test the waters" with tire selection a couple of laps before calling in KR. They totally blew it.

Heidfield Looked awesome. Great passing moves, and IMO was the driver of the day but will never be considered because of Hamilton winning on his home track. It was a worthy win and I don't really dispute him being considered Driver of the Day, but Heidfield's passes for position were some of the best I have witnessed in a while.

Ferrari's decision to keep the worn tire was not that nonsense, there was rain coming but they it was just for a short period it was a good decision if the rain had not been so strong adn I think it is in that point were they failed, they had a good pace on thoses tires until the first pit stop, so the rain was not suppose to be a problem but the rain came too strong even for thoses on new tires only RB realized the benefits of using full wets, Ferrari was thinking about the benefit of having thoses worn tire in a less wet track but the rain comng so strong riunned their strategy, I don't have much time now so if you don't get my idea I will try to explain it beter latter.

Hamilton was mighty off the line. More mighty in light of the pressure, expectation and recent mistakes. Great to watch, brilliant discipline and big balls by Heikki to come back at him. Scary close. Wow.

Mark wasted an opportunity with his early spin but as he said before the start he would only have been racing the Renault's anyway. Great qualifying.

I like the irony of the Coulthard-Vettel incident; Seb' has nudged DC out of Red Bull, DC gave him a nudge back.

Alonso was mighty early on, he revelled in the tricky conditions. He showed his class.

Great to see Kimi and Lewis finally going wheel to wheel, it should be like this, between these two, all the time. We have had no Michael-Mika, Prost-Senna clash of the titans for a while. We need it.

Kimi's strategy was a nonsense. Staying out on worn inter's with the chance of rain? Did he call it, i wonder? Then they didn't maximise his chances by fuelling him longer so that had he continued the fight with Lewis he could have gone longer. Why did Ferrari get it so wrong? Was Ross looking down the pitlane and trying not to choke on his banana through laughter?

Heidfeld was awesome. Passing two cars in one move, twice.

Great to see Massa finding his old form again. I was begining to get worried for him.

Kubica isn't a robot after all. He is actually fallible.

Did anyone else groan when Lewis was reminded not to do an unthinkable doughnut? Engine preservation, bah!

The best race this year, Lewis's best race ever. And it all happened fifteen miles away from my sofa. Splendid.

Yup yup and yup.

Kimi and Alonso has the same stupid strategy. It didn't work for either. Alonso won the racing skills battle between them, though :P

And let's not forget good old Rubinho. Will we still be talking how good is Button and how old and useless is Rubinho after this?

Kimi and Alonso has the same stupid strategy. It didn't work for either. Alonso won the racing skills battle between them, though :P

:lol: Coulda sworn Kimi finished ahead! But more to the point, isn't this technical decision-making business supposedly Alonso's big skill? :P He was only saved more embarrassment by the utter haplessness of his team mate, who of course spun off while ahead.

Oh and Button is still better than Rubinho, nice as it was to see the ol' blighter back on the podium again!

:lol: Coulda sworn Kimi finished ahead! But more to the point, isn't this technical decision-making business supposedly Alonso's big skill? :P He was only saved more embarrassment by the utter haplessness of his team mate, who of course spun off while ahead.

Oh and Button is still better than Rubinho, nice as it was to see the ol' blighter back on the podium again!

I agree. If Alonso cannot predict the weather is because he is worthless. Moreover, his inability to predict the weather implies zero knowledge about F1.

I don't thank you enough for the good times I have at your expense.

Hey! I suppose you are still working on the million dollar question... Why was McLaren the team to beat last year? Ahhhh yes, I'm still laughing...

Kimi finished ahead. Barely. After spinning several times. On a Ferrari. Anything else? :P

Yes, strategical planning used to be a strong point for Nando. It obviously wasn't this time. I could say as a Nando fan that it was a gamble that could have given him at least a podium, but actually it was stupid. A more conservative approach could have yielded much better results. It was obvious even for me when he got his pitstop. And my strategic planning skill is zero.

When you say "Button is better than Rubinho" you mean it in some metaphorical, non-f1 related way, right? :P

Alonso won the racing skills battle between them, though
Despite the fact Kimi lost way more time, set the fastest lap of the race, (just under a second faster than 'nando's best effort.) was a real candidate for the race win before Ferrari n00bed and overtook him with relative ease before finshing two positions ahead of him? BEsides, it's not as if 'nando made no driving errors.

Despite the fact Kimi lost way more time, set the fastest lap of the race, was a real candidate for the race win before Ferrari n00bed and overtook him with relative ease?

Allow me to quote myself again :P

Kimi finished ahead. Barely. After spinning several times. On a Ferrari. Anything else?

Edit: Yes, Nando made driving errors like everybody else. He was one of the few who kept his car on track most of the time and didn't spin. He also kept Kimi and Kovy for many laps behind him even when they were on much faster cars.

I am not saying that Nando drove a perfect race. Lewis has the award for that this race. Rubinho, Heidfeld were better, even Nakajima and Trulli at least as good (or as bad) as Nando. Kubica was better, too. But Kimi wasn't.