Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

Will Red Bull Be A Top Team Next Season?

Looking at the progress of the team this season, I think durin 2009 they will be fighting for podiums and by 2010, they are going to be race winners. They are suerly going to have a strong lineup headed by Mark Webber. Newey will keep working on his magic.

You said it Brother

I think you're getting ahead of yourself. Remember how many people thought Renault would be back to winning ways by now or at least the 'third team'? They're not even the 4th team as of right now. Point is there's no way to call it from season to season, rule changes especially mean that every team will be throwing the dice a fair bit over the next couple of years and any progress will be as much luck as it will be hard work and ability. I'm not saying they're not capable of it, I am saying you should really wait and see.

Aside from anything else they're losing continuity with the loss of DC who is an unknown factor in their design, testing and development programs, the rule changes will force radical revisions most likely forcing huge revisions or total overhauls in many areas and we've got no guarantee they'll have the same engine supplier by then either.

Too early to tell.. but the safe money is that it ain't gonna happen... ever.

Of course, if the entire field flips out next season(s) and Ferrari/McLaren deliver a crappy car, who knows what we could have on the podium... but it's unlikely, quite unlikely.

Aside from anything else they're losing continuity with the loss of DC who is an unknown factor in their design, testing and development programs

I think DC is staying on as a 'consultant' and will also do some testing, so that shouldnt be a problem.

If you could choose any designer to look at the new rules and create the best car, most would choose Newey, so yes, RBR could jump up next season. But this is F1 and its not that easy to predict. Look at McLaren, in 2004 they slumped badly and could barely get on the podium, then in 2005 they were championship contenders, then slumped again in 2006. Same with Renault, 1 year they have the best car, the next year they're nowhere.

Webber is showing this season that he can get the job done, so at least RBR wont have too much of a problem with driver line-up

Doubtful.. I think RBR is the only team working on this year's car, and all the teams are moving on to work on 2009's car...

Doubtful.. I think RBR is the only team working on this year's car, and all the teams are moving on to work on 2009's car...

Since they don't have to worry about the engines, Newey always worked on evolution of current cars.

Looking at the progress of the team this season, I think durin 2009 they will be fighting for podiums and by 2010, they are going to be race winners. They are suerly going to have a strong lineup headed by Mark Webber. Newey will keep working on his magic.

No.

There was huge optimism when they got Newey and I will say now what I say then - Red Bull lack the attitude needed for a top team. Just like thr product they sell, it's all style, no substance, they are more interested in publicity, cheap thrills and funny press releases. They picked the wrong engine supplier. They are overpaying a has been designer. They wasted years giving Coulthard a chance to show why he should have retired ages ago. And Webber - Webber has a permanent attitude / commitment problem which means no top team will take him and he will never build a top team. Instead of latching on to a young driver, they've been stuck with these two. And now with DC leaving, they have scant options.

Red Bull are not a professional racing outfit like the top and upcoming teams.

I don't know I mean 1 time 1 of their drivers gets on the front row & now all of a sudden their brilliant? If they were then I'd like to see Webber finish in the podium today!

Impossible to tell, but in saying that they do have some of the right people in place to at least be a good possiblity. Maybe not be a top team, but improve on their already impressive 2008 season should be on the cards.

What's wrong with 4th place - Redbull are a privateer team in competition with factory back teams. If they manage 4th that would be a fantastic achievement in itself.

Cav, you are wrong as usual - Redbull are where they are because of Newey, Willis, Coulthard, Webber et al - Vettel is also rumoured to be taking DC seat for next year so there's your youth right there.

'New'ey is 'old',

And lately not so bold.

His tubs and flaps are okay

But he's had his finest day.