Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Silverstone - The Race

Massa Screws up... in last..

Sutil goes of the track flying away....

Kova spins 360 to be third...

And rain is expected in 5 minutes....

What an insane race crazy weather - really dodgy and fun race!

Is Kubica even running?

Great Race - Ferrari screwed that up very badly - yeah!!!

I am happy Hamilton won - he drove the best today - so did Heidfeld and Barrichello!

What a great weekend for the Brits :)

I think LH will be the next legend in Fomula One, he as Michael Schumacher can do things that you don't expect to win a race, he was superb today.

Kimi and Massa are now tie in the lead of the championship with LH which is good given the race they both had today so we can say we have a new championship now and Ferrari still have the upper hand they were fast today adn they will continue being fast the rest of the season, Kimi could have even won the race if not for that mistake on the tire selection which is a human mistake so the car is still there and I believe that most of the race from now on will be on dry conditions, we lost the race but we got something good out of it and I am impressed by LH performance today I still don't now why he was pushing so hard when he had the race on his pocket and he need the engine for the race as I heard someone tell him on the radio about it.

Hamilton deserved the win. Sure, he was lucky with the strategy (and the failed ones of others) and they didn't allow Kova to defend his position even though, for once, he was lighter. Nontheless, Hamilton didn't make any mistakes when most others did. Congrats for that.

Heidfeld pushed when he had to as did RB. Good on you for the podiums. You guys need them badly.

Kova, sorry mate but it sucks to be you.

Massa better had mechanical problems. Enough said.

Kimi, sht!, how many fastest laps in a row? It's all we've got.

Nakajima, ahhh, another good performance but still lost to Trulli... and you had been warned!!!

Nothing more really, except that, sadly, I couldn't say who of the three leading the DWC deserves less to be up there.

... and thanks to the lewisterics for the "british" pride. Not only an entertaining race but a hearty laugh to finish it too... on to Wimbledon now.

Kovy is just not good enough, period! He is very fast when it comes to quali, but his race pace is very poor. He should have won the race today yet ended up 5th, a lap down on his team mate.

Learnt the meaning of the word "unpredictability". Well, props to the podium finishers. Alonso defended well against Kimi & Kova, before the car threw in the towel. Bad day in the office for Ferrari, especially for Massa. Rubens looked so happy! It felt nice to see someone truly happy.

By the way, did Lewis create a record for the biggest winning margin? I mean he was 68 seconds ahead of Nick. The last huge margin I recollect was Montoya winning by 60 seconds against Michael (sigh, please come back, Schuey) in 2003.

Kovy is just not good enough, period! He is very fast when it comes to quali, but his race pace is very poor. He should have won the race today yet ended up 5th, a lap down on his team mate.

Easy to judge Kova considering the fcked up situation that he is in... but it's just a matter of time before it all spills out... as it is with everthing else.

Interestingly, Hamilton's victory is good news to Hamilton's fans but a deadly blow for lewisterics... as Ferrari inexplicably continues to underachieve, the chances of Alonso in red go up and up and up...

Anyone remember if barrichello took any fuel on his pit when he switched from wet to intermediate? His wets seemed to have an advantage left for a few more laps, maybe second was within reach?

Lewis got lucky with the tire choice but managed to make full use of his advantage and didn't make any mistakes. Apart from Massa's obvious lack of skill in the wet he (and the team?) also demonstrated an astonishing lack of judgement, choosing such an unforgiving setup that would probably only work if it was 30 degrees and all dry. Some of of his spins were quite hopeless, aquaplanning just before the breaks and unrecoverable snaps on the exit to the main straight. One could of course argue his lack of wet skills and reading the road puts him in those situations.

Full Marks to Hamilton. He ran a great race.

Ferrari. What the hell were they thinking???? They had Massa running in last and could have used him to test the tires. Kimi was closing on Hamilton and had the lead down to 4 seconds, He pitted and they kept the worn intermediates on. Hamilton went with new intermediates and the race was history!!!!!!!!!

Ferrari race managment came up short, once again this year. I am not saying Kimi would have won, but I am saying it would of been a much better contest for the lead, had Ferrari not blown it. Again they had the luxury of having Massa at the back of the pack. They could have used him to "test the waters" with tire selection a couple of laps before calling in KR. They totally blew it.

Heidfield Looked awesome. Great passing moves, and IMO was the driver of the day but will never be considered because of Hamilton winning on his home track. It was a worthy win and I don't really dispute him being considered Driver of the Day, but Heidfield's passes for position were some of the best I have witnessed in a while.

There was something up with Massa's car. Engine mapping software or misalignment after the repair of his 180 MPH shunt. He was losing it in places he shouldn't have been

really what we have after 8 races and the half way point of the season is 3 drivers tied in points and a 4th only 2 points behind so really we are at the beginning again with no visible changes as to the strength of any of the teams. The first half of the season saw Merc and Ferrari screw up and shine almost the exact same amount. and BMW is still sitting in 3rd after them performance wise but because of Heikki's lack of performance, be it because of internal or external reasons, has cost Merc 2nd in the WDC so far.

For the second half I see pretty much the same thing happening, think of what would happen if its Massa, Hami, Kimi and Kubi all within 3 points or so of each other when this whole thing heads to brazil

Fantastic race Lewis,

Good one Nick, you have answered your critics. Superb job BMW for helping Nick out of the problems, while most of the teams would have kicked the underperforming driver without looking into their problems.

Superb performance by Barichello, experience and patience won over raw speed.

Kova, hmm.what were you doing?

Brawn on Lewis!

Brawn also paid tribute to Lewis Hamilton, who he felt had driven brilliantly when the track was at its wettest in the last third of the race.

"What was impressive was Lewis's performance in that part of the race, because he was on intermediates, and I don't know how he did it because the rest of them were 10secs off," he said.

http://totalf1.com/fullstory/view/266715/B...t_Honda_second/

Anyone remember if barrichello took any fuel on his pit when he switched from wet to intermediate? His wets seemed to have an advantage left for a few more laps, maybe second was within reach?

Lewis got lucky with the tire choice but managed to make full use of his advantage and didn't make any mistakes. Apart from Massa's obvious lack of skill in the wet he (and the team?) also demonstrated an astonishing lack of judgement, choosing such an unforgiving setup that would probably only work if it was 30 degrees and all dry. Some of of his spins were quite hopeless, aquaplanning just before the breaks and unrecoverable snaps on the exit to the main straight. One could of course argue his lack of wet skills and reading the road puts him in those situations.

I think I heard something about RB having problems with the fuel rig and that's the reason for his last stop... didn't matter, though, because the extreme wets had given him enough of a lead.

It's true that Hamilton was lucky and had an easy race. Webber blocked Kimi and opened up for Hamilton to waltz by. Kova was insulted out of his defense of the lead, I mean, imagine the conversation on the radio "get out the way you worthless nobody, fck out, the first and only driver in McLaren deserves the position that you think you have a right to defend, etc, etc". Come on! They didn't even bother to pass him on the pits. It was total and utter humiliation for Kova.

Nonetheless, Hamilton pushed and pushed when he didn't have to and I appreciate that very very much. Well deserved victory.

Massa? Heck. I'm hoping Ferrari found a _serious_ problem with his car and that was the reason for the... everything.

Full Marks to Hamilton. He ran a great race.

Ferrari. What the hell were they thinking???? They had Massa running in last and could have used him to test the tires. Kimi was closing on Hamilton and had the lead down to 4 seconds, He pitted and they kept the worn intermediates on. Hamilton went with new intermediates and the race was history!!!!!!!!!

Ferrari race managment came up short, once again this year. I am not saying Kimi would have won, but I am saying it would of been a much better contest for the lead, had Ferrari not blown it. Again they had the luxury of having Massa at the back of the pack. They could have used him to "test the waters" with tire selection a couple of laps before calling in KR. They totally blew it.

Heidfield Looked awesome. Great passing moves, and IMO was the driver of the day but will never be considered because of Hamilton winning on his home track. It was a worthy win and I don't really dispute him being considered Driver of the Day, but Heidfield's passes for position were some of the best I have witnessed in a while.

There was something up with Massa's car. Engine mapping software or misalignment after the repair of his 180 MPH shunt. He was losing it in places he shouldn't have been

I agree on the Heidfeld bit but for me,... Hamilton's push when he didn't have to is a huge plus, a _huge_ plus.

really what we have after 8 races and the half way point of the season is 3 drivers tied in points and a 4th only 2 points behind so really we are at the beginning again with no visible changes as to the strength of any of the teams. The first half of the season saw Merc and Ferrari screw up and shine almost the exact same amount. and BMW is still sitting in 3rd after them performance wise but because of Heikki's lack of performance, be it because of internal or external reasons, has cost Merc 2nd in the WDC so far.

For the second half I see pretty much the same thing happening, think of what would happen if its Massa, Hami, Kimi and Kubi all within 3 points or so of each other when this whole thing heads to brazil

It's a sad mess. When was the last race where the lead drivers fought for a victory? Whoever doesn't fck up, wins.

As I said, I can't quite tell who of the three at the top deserves to be there the least... Kubica is our only chance, really...

An absolutely flawless race driven by Lewis today. Kudos to him.

GO BARRICHELLO! So happy to see him taste the champagne again today. And may I add that Ross Brawn is an utter legend! And well done to Nick Heidfeld too, good to see Quick Nick back on form!

I just feel a bit sorry for Mark Webber. He must be the unluckiest driver on the grid. And of course to Jenson. :(

Brawn on Lewis!

Brawn also paid tribute to Lewis Hamilton, who he felt had driven brilliantly when the track was at its wettest in the last third of the race.

"What was impressive was Lewis's performance in that part of the race, because he was on intermediates, and I don't know how he did it because the rest of them were 10secs off," he said.

http://totalf1.com/fullstory/view/266715/B...t_Honda_second/

Yes that is the most interesting thing to me. How did he manage it?

Looks like barrichello didn't take on as much fuel as he was supposed to when he pitted for wets, would have been second place for him. I was sure there was something into that second pitstop.