Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

Today's Useless Crap.

hondawh1.png

rbrbw3.png

rbr2yf5.png

ferraridk5.png

What ever happen when a pair of active suspensions would solve the issues of stability under braking cornering and acceleration and go nicely over the curbs.

Now we have all this turbulent aero crap and 3rd dampers to suspensions custom made for tracks and the absurd amounts of money wasted to improve 1960 and 1970s technology.

The switch from electronic racing to aero-gremlin crap racing is the most idiotic decision made in F1.

The brilliance of Max "I'll equalize 'em any time now" Mosley and legions idiot "strip 'em electonics and cut the downforce" fanboys have destroyed innovation and wheel-to-wheel nose-to-tail racing in F1.

I know! What's up with that fin on the engine cover?? It's completely useless & it costs more than say a regular engine cover & don't get me started on the mini 300SL Gullwing doors on the Honda's front wing which makes it uglier than it was at 1st!

Agreed in that the incredible amount of attention to aero makes them look ugly - but with such restrictive areas they can and can't touch, who'd blame them.

I wonder, with the information that's fed back from the aero development at present, how much of this information (car behaviour - downforce vs drag, stability under braking etc etc) will provide usable info for next years cars. What are they going to look like if they can't have deflectors, winglets and so on?

I think we're in for incredibly different interpretations and designs for next year - ugly ducklings or jaw dropping beauty?

Give em active suspensions + underwings + active differentials + ABS + TC and presto no more need for aero gremlins.

From the looks of of some Formulas it might look better, from the looks of other formulas it might not look better.

Give em active suspensions + underwings + active differentials + ABS + TC and presto no more need for aero gremlins.

From the looks of of some Formulas it might look better, from the looks of other formulas it might not look better.

Blah blah blah, you are sounding like a brokin record, it's not comingback and never will and yeah I'm old enough to remember. :yawn: