Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5P33D3V1L

Is It Me Or Is Formula 1 Now Missing Something?

and look at just the pure driving talent, he knew how to handle a car better then anybody he ever drove against. Just look at him qualifying, he might be 5 tenth behind at the second sector for pole but you could never say he would not get it because he would be able to pull 7 tenth from nowhere. A driver like that is that is missing right now, some who, no matter if your a fan or not of him you have an adrenaline rush watching.

A driver comes to mind, and he surely isn't Michael Schumacher.

I think the thing that is missing is a driver who you can never count out. That is what Michael was over his 15 years. No matter how bleak the situation looked you always had to take him into account.

when it comes down to it, if you remove all the crap around his career, and look at just the pure driving talent, he knew how to handle a car better then anybody he ever drove against. Just look at him qualifying, he might be 5 tenth behind at the second sector for pole but you could never say he would not get it because he would be able to pull 7 tenth from nowhere. A driver like that is that is missing right now, some who, no matter if your a fan or not of him you have an adrenaline rush watching.

Yep!

the last 3 races I remember with Micheal driving in the rain...(1)first he crashed,

Where? You're probably right, but remind me.

(2)then the race Button won he drove really pathetically, he's strategy was compromised with guys like Brawn and Todt, they made huge mistakes letting him out (just like Kimi)

Rubbish. He drove brilliantly in parts, as for what happened at the end, well the tyres were past it. The current lot manage the crashing part, go watch his first lap at Hungary '06 and tell me which curent driver can do that.

and then (3) )2006 he won the race in china, with conditions suited perfectly for the Ferrari, another 3-5 laps he would have been seriously harrased by Alonso...

Huh? That race was genius from start to finish. He started 6-7th or something, passed many people including both Renaults in the race, and Alonso ended up second thanks to team orders.

Rubbish. He drove brilliantly in parts, as for what happened at the end, well the tyres were past it. The current lot manage the crashing part, go watch his first lap at Hungary '06 and tell me which curent driver can do that.

Huh? That race was genius from start to finish. He started 6-7th or something, passed many people including both Renaults in the race, and Alonso ended up second thanks to team orders.

Rubbish, Schumacher crashed at Hungary due to his own fault for pushing too hard. There was no need to ram Heidfeld.

And he won China due to a 19 seconds pitstop for Alonso vs a regular 10-11 sec. witch would have give him the race easily by ~5 - 6 seconds.

All of witch is irrelevant because no matter what times where talking about this was a typical wet tires race, with the difference that the driving was quite better compared to the late 70s, 80s, 90s.

I'm not gonna get into a mudsling with you, as far as I know I'm right and you seem to think the same about your opinions. I was just trying to emphasize the fact that there are current driver's thats as good as schumie in the wet, and that everyone of them, including schumie, made mistakes along the way...

I think what F1 been missing for the last couple of season is someone like Michael Schumacher.

This struck me during the British GP and after seeing so many drivers spin and go off that race. It was hard for me to believe if the track conditions were bad or the driving talent out there was.

When Massa spun 5 times I was continuously thinking would Schumacher spin his Ferrari in this race?

Kimi spun too so was it the car or did both drivers make mistakes?

How is it both of the big championship contenders drive so badly?

Im not saying Michael was a god, but to me he was Formula 1s benchmark. He was the man you compared everyone and everything to. Like if Raikkonen and Alonso beat him we all thought highly of both those drivers. Now he's gone theres just no one out there you could do that with.

Mosts sport has someone like Michael, like Tennis has Federer.

So I just find it hard to rate drivers these days because I just dont know who to compare who to now.

I never liked Schumacher and never have I supported him, but had a large amount of respect for him and now he's gone I cant help but miss his character. I even miss his sneaky little cheating tactics, i hated it but was all part of the drama and entertainment. Most drivers now wouldnt dare do half of what Schumi, Hunt and Senna used to do or say.

It's not you...

I'll tell you what's missing from F1 these days :

Fly by night teams with nutcases as team boses, rentadrivers, payasyougo drivers, pre qualifying for all the hall of shame teams, fights when a hall of shame driver in a hall of shame car five laps off the pace shunts a race leader and world championship contender off the track under breaking for the chicane. Oh well, I guess those days are long gone now.

hahaha, they're very true! Also missing the 107% qualifying rule to keep out the dregs *cough prost cough*

Fly by night teams with nutcases as team boses, rentadrivers, payasyougo drivers, pre qualifying for all the hall of shame teams, fights when a hall of shame driver in a hall of shame car five laps off the pace shunts a race leader and world championship contender off the track under breaking for the chicane. Oh well, I guess those days are long gone now.

Ha ha ha, SOooooooo trueeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :lol:

:lol::lol:

Pedro Diniz suddenly shot to mind. What an awful, awful prat of a driver he was. How Alain Prost allowed him to buy into the Prost team I will never be able to understand!

:lol::lol:

Pedro Diniz suddenly shot to mind. What an awful, awful prat of a driver he was. How Alain Prost allowed him to buy into the Prost team I will never be able to understand!

Errrmmmmm.......................the clue is in the question??? :whistling:

Errrmmmmm.......................the clue is in the question??? :whistling:

You mean money, money, money...? :eusa_think:

I think the thing that is missing is a driver who you can never count out. That is what Michael was over his 15 years. No matter how bleak the situation looked you always had to take him into account.

when it comes down to it, if you remove all the crap around his career, and look at just the pure driving talent, he knew how to handle a car better then anybody he ever drove against. Just look at him qualifying, he might be 5 tenth behind at the second sector for pole but you could never say he would not get it because he would be able to pull 7 tenth from nowhere. A driver like that is that is missing right now, some who, no matter if your a fan or not of him you have an adrenaline rush watching.

This is very well said........ this was something that schumacher was good at. Brawn has mentioned before that he knew that at certain times he would say to michael.... you need t o do this/ or need to lap so fast and he had the confidence that he could do it..... thus some of the great strategy calls........ even in 06 in Brasil. His last race, after having the puncture he was dead last, massa just behind him on the track and yet somehow he managed to bring the car back up again towards the front of the pack.

It was this ability that you just knew that you could see something really special. I have not once felt this of the drivers this year.

This is very well said........ this was something that schumacher was good at. Brawn has mentioned before that he knew that at certain times he would say to michael.... you need t o do this/ or need to lap so fast and he had the confidence that he could do it..... thus some of the great strategy calls........ even in 06 in Brasil. His last race, after having the puncture he was dead last, massa just behind him on the track and yet somehow he managed to bring the car back up again towards the front of the pack.

It was this ability that you just knew that you could see something really special. I have not once felt this of the drivers this year.

Okay I must admit that is true, F1 needs a 'Rossi factor'.

An American race date is whats missing from F1 !!!!!1