Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

Mclaren's New Engine Cover

106466.jpg

106401.jpg

The circle is complete. I think every team has tested the shark fin now, unless I've left someone out?

Yuk that is ugly.

Does anyone know what the benefits are from doing this? What is it that the fin does?

from Autosport Meanioni...

"Although the fins do not create downforce themselves, they do help tidy up airflow to the car's rear wing.

Autosport technical consultant Gary Anderson said: "It's another airflow device. If you imagine the airbox, when you're going at high speed - say over 120mph

106466.jpg

106401.jpg

The circle is complete. I think every team has tested the shark fin now, unless I've left someone out?

Hmm....Super Aguri?

Hondas bunny rabbit ears have grown vertical planes too....going for extended dumbo mileage like a 747-400 :P

I hope they ban them - an F1 car should be a thing of beauty...

Who made you the judge of what constitutes beautiful? I think these new engine covers look fine.

Who made you the judge of what constitutes beautiful?

Eh? What a dumb question. I am not speaking on behalf of humanity - in my personal opinion I think they look ugly.

I think these new engine covers look fine.

Good for you.

Nope, a Grand Prix car should be a thing of form-follows-function/ efficiency. Beauty if there is to be, is but a perk an accident.

Beauty got lost when they banned the active ride cars.

McLaren look like they might not be following the trend of racing the "Shark Fin", aka "Anvil" engine cover.

The team