Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

Mclaren's New Engine Cover

The copy cat evolution of the Red Bull engine cover:

Red Bull -------> Renault ---------> Force India ---------> McLaren --------> Who's next???

Red Bull -------> Renault ---------> Force India ---------> McLaren --------> Who's next???

STR inherited the design with the RB4 whoops STR3 :P

Well you boys wanted the electronics out now deal with the consequences.

You didn't think the teams would leave those cars unstable under braking for the drivers to deal with it now did you ?!

You did, well shucks won't you boys ever learn it ain't the 1950s anymore ?!

I can't wait until the next hidden electronics scandal. :D

More to the point is how much they've carved OUT of the rear wing endplates - thats new.

At least to me :P

More to the point is how much they've carved OUT of the rear wing endplates - thats new.

At least to me :P

Yeah thats new :D

Newey does it again! :lol:

Not sure if I'm imagining things but the rear wing now seems to have a tiny slit/break right down the middle. Not sure about the mechanics of it though.

Toyota are the next to test the "Shark Fin", or otherwise known as the "Top Body Dorsal Fin" depending on which team you talk to :D

Newey does it again! :lol:

Not sure if I'm imagining things but the rear wing now seems to have a tiny slit/break right down the middle. Not sure about the mechanics of it though.

You are pretty good at sighting cameltoes! :D

Just a question to experts,

Do you think those fins could catch cross winds easily?

Nah I think Kimi and Heikki will be fine. Okay that was bad. But from my armchair expert position I'd say yes.

I agree with George, with any added surface area you are going make the car more susceptible to winds and the effects of cross winds, however the benefits that the Shark Fin surely outweighs the negative effects for it to be on so many cars.

I would make the bold statement that we will see the Shark Fin on all cars by the end of the season.

Nah I think Kimi and Heikki will be fine. Okay that was bad. But from my armchair expert position I'd say yes.

:lol:

yeah, they did catch it during last gp, spinning like tops! :P

I agree with George, with any added surface area you are going make the car more susceptible to winds and the effects of cross winds, however the benefits that the Shark Fin surely outweighs the negative effects for it to be on so many cars.

I would make the bold statement that we will see the Shark Fin on all cars by the end of the season.

:lol:

Shark Finn soups! hmm..has anyone tasted? Though officially banned, I hear its still served in many chinese restuarant! Man, asking for noodels in in Chinese restuarant in Italy is the hardest thing I have ever done! Phiew!