Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

Kimi Being A Naughty Boy

Snapper denies provoking Raikkonen

By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, July 8th 2008, 12:02 GMT

1215518942.jpgThe photographer who was pushed over by Kimi Raikkonen on the grid at the British Grand Prix has denied touching the Finnish driver or any of his equipment prior to the incident.

Well-respected Paul-Henri Cahier was pushed over onto his back at Silverstone after Raikkonen took exception to his behaviour as he took pictures.

In a statement issued on his website, Cahier has said he is at a loss to explain why Raikkonen attacked him - although has made it clear that he was not taking any action against the Ferrari driver.

"There never was any contact between the two men, nor did Paul-Henri ever touch Kimi's equipment," Cahier's statement read. "Furthermore, the distance at which Paul-Henri Cahier was taking a picture, although close, was completely standard.

"The photographers who take pictures at grand prix races are all professionnals who have been accredited by the FIA, and as the dozen other photographers who were standing next to Paul-Henri Cahier prove, there was nothing unusual or unethical about this situation."

The statement added: "Paul-Henri Cahier has been an F1 photographer for almost forty years and has been close to the greatest champions, but none of them have ever behaved in such a rude manner.

"It is understandable that drivers might get irritable because of the pressure they undergo, but Kimi Raikkonen never even attempted to express his discontent in a non violent way.

"Paul-Henri Cahier luckily did not suffer any injury, and so does not intend to take any action, but he regrets the arrogance with which Kimi Raikkonen treated someone who was merely doing his job."

I guess you just don't mess with the iceman! :lol:

I guess you just don't mess with the iceman! :lol:

Hmmmm, if there was 'no contact between the two men' how did Kimi push him over?? I shall blow you down with my breath of ice!!!

Anyway, maybe if he had touched Kimi's 'equipment' then he might have got a different reaction :whistling:

Edit: Forgot to say, he is hardly going to say that he did provoke Kimi. That's if any of this is true :lol:

True incident and here is a video, before it gets removed. When the photographer talks about no contact, my guess is there was no prior contact to provoke him being pushed over.

Angry Kimi

True incident and here is a video, before it gets removed. When the photographer talks about no contact, my guess is there was no prior contact to provoke him being pushed over.

Angry Kimi

I was making fun of how it was worded :lol:

When I first watched it, I actually thought Kimi banged his head on part of his camera or something. A tad irresponsible from Kimi, but I disagree that the photographer was at a 'standard' distance from Kimi, it looks unnecessarily close to me. And we don't actually know if there was anything prior to that clip, like if he had already got in his way, etc, etc Still not the right reaction from Kimi, though.

Kimi is notorious for losing his temper, but he's calm down alot. I remember incidents in his early career when he had engine failures in his Mclaren years, he would throw steering wheel againts a wall or something in his garage, everyone just ran. Also at Hockenheim(i think), after yet another engine failure, this steward was rushing (actually don't know what the guy was up to) and Kims just shoved the guy away....

Kimi should not have pushed him, but I can't help laughing at this. The more I look at it, the funnier it gets.

I'd have done more than push him. Looks like to me he stood on his clothes which were by Kimi's feet.

Kimi is notorious for losing his temper, but he's calm down alot. I remember incidents in his early career when he had engine failures in his Mclaren years, he would throw steering wheel againts a wall or something in his garage, everyone just ran. Also at Hockenheim(i think), after yet another engine failure, this steward was rushing (actually don't know what the guy was up to) and Kims just shoved the guy away....

Regarding the steward thing, although not really acceptable, it's a bit more understandable as presumably he had just crashed..........again :whistling:

Sorry, couldn't resist :lol:

As I was saying, if he's just ended a race prematurely, it's sort of understandable, adrenalin still pumping, etc and I think the marshalls accept that it's not really aimed at them. And to be honest, the marshalls do tend to try and manhandle the drivers unnecessarily sometimes. Now, if they followed my idea of having gorgeous women as marshalls, the drivers would be manhandled anywhere they wanted.

Kimi should not have pushed him, but I can't help laughing at this. The more I look at it, the funnier it gets.

It does. It's like when you see somebody trip over in the street (and not hurt themselves, I hasten to add).....................you know you shouldn't laugh, but............................... :lol:

I don't know, Hamilton refuses to be accessible by the media on the grid so why should a photographer thing he has the right to get within intimacy distance to Kimi?

If I'm getting ready for a race and you were that close to me with a camera in my face I think i would do the same, especially if you had been doing that before. now we don't know if he was but who knows

When I first watched it, I actually thought Kimi banged his head on part of his camera or something. A tad irresponsible from Kimi, but I disagree that the photographer was at a 'standard' distance from Kimi, it looks unnecessarily close to me. And we don't actually know if there was anything prior to that clip, like if he had already got in his way, etc, etc Still not the right reaction from Kimi, though.

Agree.

It looked like it's the camera, not the photographer, is awfully close to Kimi. I don't think he meant to bowl the guy over, just get himself some space. A non-event, IMHO.

well,i think the photogragher got too close to kimi and that reasonably irritated him as he was trying to concentrate before the race.however kimi should'nt have reacted like this...he was totally rude!anyway, we all know that this is typical kimi style and he will always be like that!

p.s:this photographer always takes amazing pics!he's very talented,i think.

Wasn't it an over enthusiastic marshal from Malasian GP?

Agree, Kimi didn't like his helmet hitting the camera - That is a little close for comfort.

Well, at least he took a nice picture :lol:

raikkonen1lgbv8.jpg

This shows perfectly that the camera was too close - Good on Kimi no harm done.

It looked like it's the camera, not the photographer, is awfully close to Kimi. I don't think he meant to bowl the guy over, just get himself some space. A non-event, IMHO.

Agree, a complete non-event :D