Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

'santander Swap Hints At Alonso To Ferrari Move'

The way things are going, I'm less concerned about Alonso going to Ferrari and more about who else is going where.

Why?

Because if Alonso lands in Ferrari and drives with some consitency (as he did once, whenever), the current field will have not much to throw at him.

Give the red seat to Kubica, I say. Have Alonso fight for a 3rd WC in a Reanult, Honda, etc.

Eagerly waiting, now, for the next random set of drivers grabbing a podium at Hockenheim...

Give the red seat to Kubica, I say. Have Alonso fight for a 3rd WC in a Reanult, Honda, etc.

That's what I say. Ho ho ho.

I guess the Ferrari fans will have roughly 2 years to get used to the idea <_< !

Yep and some FA fans too... <_<

I do not want to be paying Kimi & Felipe's wages!

I sold my new Mercedes and now I drive a Renault to help pay Alonso's wage. :rolleyes:

Actually Alonso won 2 WDC in a Renault. I think the other contenders should try what you say.

I guess the Ferrari fans will have roughly 2 years to get used to the idea <_< !

The Ferrari fans might be praying for Alonso going there by the end of this season.

You'd enjoy Alonso struggling in a Ferrari. :D

Indeed.

Bah. I will start acting as if Nando was already in a Ferrari.

NANDO YOU ARE A CHEATING b#####d!!

Go Piquet Jr!!!!!!!!!

The Ferrari fans might be praying for Alonso going there by the end of this season.

I don't know if I'm actually a Ferrari fan, but I do know one thing: I would never pray for that! At least it's easier to switch your liking to another team than it is with drivers. *mumbles* Alonso in a Ferrari, where can I find a smilie that's puking? :icon2_yuk: *mumbles*

Actually Alonso won 2 WDC in a Renault. I think the other contenders should try what you say.

The problem is that they've been trying for a long time and failing at it too...

Hmmm...

I agree with Alehop. You will enjoy it more if Alonso were unable to win with a Ferrari...

True, but I fear he might.

Ferrari could be the wrong team for the next 5 or 10 years. :eusa_think:

They could be provided they still keep that dumb Italian TD they have right now......

Well history has shown periods of one team dominating and fading away then coming back several years later.

Ferrari has been at the top for a few years now and I think their star may be waning as new boys BMW muscle in on the act.

No bad thing to be honest, F1 needs and thrives on change.

I hope Alonso does move to Ferrari, it would be good to see him able to fight at the front with a competitive car again. Though there's a niggling doubt I have about Ferrari - I wonder if they are on a downward slide now that it's predominantly Italians in charge again. I'm not saying they can't remain top contenders, but after a major change of people at the top they might start to do what they were famous for before the Schumi years: to flounder, then panic, then a bit more floundering, then blaming, sacking, then recruit some other people quick......

Edit: Dammit Meani, you beat me to it. And more economically too :P

Well history has shown periods of one team dominating and fading away then coming back several years later.

Ferrari has been at the top for a few years now and I think their star may be waning as new boys BMW muscle in on the act.

No bad thing to be honest, F1 needs and thrives on change.

I disagree. I think Ferrari will be at the top for a while longer yet. BMW are inexperienced at extracting more performannce from a design whereas McLaren and Ferrari are old hands at it. Theissen hinted the other day that he has already consigned himself to third place, having won a race by saying that '09 will be very important etc. Not only that but BMW may already feel that they have extracted all they are ever going to get from this years car, Maranello and Woking are just starting. BMW seem to go the wrong way with development (i mean this contextually of course, this years car is mighty and they have done an excellent job. It's just that those tenths are harder to find the more you try to squeeze them as they get closer to being the top team).

Ferrari have dominated through careful evolution, not panicking when key personnel depart by nurturing natural successors and drawing on considerable experience in all other areas. In short, they are still by far the team to beat, even when they are making fundamental strategic and driver errors.

Hmm Dribs remember the very long, dry period Pre Schui/Brawn when Ferrari got no wins?

That's mainly why I said it. It's hard to remember so many mistakes from the red team in half a season.

Hmm Dribs remember the very long, dry period Pre Schui/Brawn when Ferrari got no wins?

Ah, poor Alesi would be crying at your bad memory, Chris!

I'm not saying that Ferrari will never have a dry period again, just that since the dream team model worked so brilliantly, Ferrari seem to be sticking to it. No madness, no old man running around p!ssing everyone off. Just calm efficiency with (presumably) shouting done behind closed doors.

They have been up there now for ten years. I think they like it there too much to get too sloppy.

Ah, poor Alesi would be crying at your bad memory, Chris!

This is the same Alesi that ran out of fuel.... need I say more :)

They have been up there now for ten years. I think they like it there too much to get too sloppy.

Like all things, it goes in cycles. Maybe not next year, maybe 2 or 3 years, but I can't see Ferrari staying there. Has happened before, same has happened to Williams and McLaren (and Renault/Benetton). Loss of key people and diversification (supplying two other teams as well as their own, plus supplying A1GP) may be losing them their focus....

I'm not saying that Ferrari will never have a dry period again, just that since the dream team model worked so brilliantly, Ferrari seem to be sticking to it. No madness, no old man running around p!ssing everyone off. Just calm efficiency with (presumably) shouting done behind closed doors.

They are nearly shouting publicly.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/07/08/...-more-mistakes/

I think we'll have to wait a few races before talking about crisis within the red team but things are not going so well as they used to.

I disagree. I think Ferrari will be at the top for a while longer yet. BMW are inexperienced at extracting more performannce from a design whereas McLaren and Ferrari are old hands at it. Theissen hinted the other day that he has already consigned himself to third place, having won a race by saying that '09 will be very important etc. Not only that but BMW may already feel that they have extracted all they are ever going to get from this years car, Maranello and Woking are just starting. BMW seem to go the wrong way with development (i mean this contextually of course, this years car is mighty and they have done an excellent job. It's just that those tenths are harder to find the more you try to squeeze them as they get closer to being the top team).

Ferrari have dominated through careful evolution, not panicking when key personnel depart by nurturing natural successors and drawing on considerable experience in all other areas. In short, they are still by far the team to beat, even when they are making fundamental strategic and driver errors.

True.... but don't forget that regulations change and, when they did in the past, Ferrari (still with MS) put together a lemon and, the season after, a car that still got beat by a Reanult.

Nonetheless, sure. Even with bumps, one can be confident that Ferrari will be at the top for a reason that has nothing to do with them... the competition is not really up to par. Just take a look at this season. Despite the endless fckups at Ferrari, they still have _both_ drivers leading the drivers' championship and, well, the constructors one is all but won...

They are nearly shouting publicly.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/07/08/...-more-mistakes/

I think we'll have to wait a few races before talking about crisis within the red team but things are not going so well as they used to.

Crisis? What crisis?

Seriously though, Luca has always been mildly outspoken at key times, even in Michael's reign. It's hardly the start of a head rolling campaign.

I hope Alonso does move to Ferrari, it would be good to see him able to fight at the front with a competitive car again. Though there's a niggling doubt I have about Ferrari - I wonder if they are on a downward slide now that it's predominantly Italians in charge again. I'm not saying they can't remain top contenders, but after a major change of people at the top they might start to do what they were famous for before the Schumi years: to flounder, then panic, then a bit more floundering, then blaming, sacking, then recruit some other people quick......

:lol: Yes! That is definitely a cause for concern. Unless it's an all-British team, one-nationality teams tend not to do very well, especially ones not based in Britain. Nevertheless, I think Ferrari have the budget, experience and favourable relationship with the FIA to continue to be near the top. They won't dominate every year but I can't imagine them doing a Williams and sinking into obscurity any time soon. I think they'll usually be up there fighting for race wins - and you can't really say any more about any other team: McLaren are in the same boat but I'd say Ferrari will probably be the more consistent, and BMW are completely unproven, and perhaps don't quite have the budget anyway.

They could be provided they still keep that dumb Italian TD they have right now......
Luca Badoer? True, Jeremy Clarckson overtook him on the TG test track once so you probs make a point!

:lol: Yes! That is definitely a cause for concern. Unless it's an all-British team, one-nationality teams tend not to do very well, especially ones not based in Britain. Nevertheless, I think Ferrari have the budget, experience and favourable relationship with the FIA to continue to be near the top. They won't dominate every year but I can't imagine them doing a Williams and sinking into obscurity any time soon. I think they'll usually be up there fighting for race wins - and you can't really say any more about any other team: McLaren are in the same boat but I'd say Ferrari will probably be the more consistent, and BMW are completely unproven, and perhaps don't quite have the budget anyway.

The resident bigot and his British supremacy crap rears its ugly head once again... while not even one of the self-appointed forum police has a word to say on the subject.

Well, there is a reason why the quality of the forum is what it is...