Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

'santander Swap Hints At Alonso To Ferrari Move'

Saturday 12th July 2008

Fernando-Alonso_929774.jpg

Reports that Fernando Alonso could be heading to Ferrari in the not-too-distant future have gained momentum with the news that Spanish company Santander is set to swap to Ferrari.

According to reports from Autosport 'high level sources' at Santander have confirmed that the Spanish banking giant will be leaving McLaren and heading to Ferrari as their main sponsors from 2010 onwards.

Santander joined McLaren as a sponsor in 2007 when the team initially signed Alonso, however, the Spaniard's stay in Woking was troubled and short-lived with him returning to Renault at the end of just one year.

Alonso, though, isn't expected to remain at Renault for too long with reports in the press linking him to Kimi Raikkonen's Ferrari seat come the end of 2009 when the Finn's current deal expires.

And when that happens Santander are expected to announce their decision to swap from McLaren to Ferrari.

The Spanish banking giant, though, is refusing to comment on the proposed deal.

Asked about a move to Ferrari, a Santander spokeswoman said: "We are not making any comments about this.

"We have a contract with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes until the end of 2009."

Yeah right, and Grizzly Adams had a beard. Wait a minute........Grizzly Adams did have a beard.

I think Alonso will stay in Renault one more year unless something very dodgy happens in Ferrari soon.

For sure they are not happy in Maranello but I don't think they should blame the drivers only.

alonso-ferrari-o-bmw-764781.jpg

well, i definitely prefer the ferrari overall!i think that red suits Fernando more!!!!! :P but we will have to wait until 2010 as it seems...

Alonso to Ferrari...makes me wanna puke.

Come on, Flavio! Make another one of your "findings" fast. I want Renault to kick Ferrari's a## once again!

I think Alonso will stay in Renault one more year unless something very dodgy happens in Ferrari soon.

For sure they are not happy in Maranello but I don't think they should blame the drivers only.

The drivers are doing a awesome job this year, I know that Massa and raikkonen werent flash at silverstone, but in generalthey have done a brillant job, to me raikkonen at the moment just dosent look like championship material, but there is still a long way 2 go this year and also we are comming up 2 some real raikkonen tracks, They have the best line up on the grid this year theres no doubt about that, then Mclaren a distant second.

The drivers are doing a awesome job this year, I know that Massa and raikkonen werent flash at silverstone, but in generalthey have done a brillant job, to me raikkonen at the moment just dosent look like championship material, but there is still a long way 2 go this year and also we are comming up 2 some real raikkonen tracks, They have the best line up on the grid this year theres no doubt about that, then Mclaren a distant second.

I wouldn't say awesome job but they are still in a very good position for the WDC and Ferrari will win the constructor's easily. Next race can be very important.

1) Kimi scores 10 points Massa none - Kimi will be #1 within the team as we all would expect.

2) Massa scores 10 points Kimi none - :eusa_think:

They need a #1 driver and a Barrichello driver but I think only Kimi could beat Hamilton this season.

I hope Renault improves their car next season enough to challenge the big guns. It feels wierd Nando is not fighting for podiums. Nando in Ferrari seems more likely, but BMW have shown some interest in him I belive. However, I would like to see him paired with another good driver. Nando and Kubica or Nando and Webber. :D

I hope Renault improves their car next season enough to challenge the big guns. It feels wierd Nando is not fighting for podiums. Nando in Ferrari seems more likely, but BMW have shown some interest in him I belive. However, I would like to see him paired with another good driver. Nando and Kubica or Nando and Webber. :D

You really wrote that ahhh! :o

I

Man Alonso is linked to move to loads of teams, some say he'll stay at Renault, some say he'll move to Honda & most people think he's gonna move to Ferrari, make the right choice Nando, go for the red car!

I wouldn't say awesome job but they are still in a very good position for the WDC and Ferrari will win the constructor's easily. Next race can be very important.

1) Kimi scores 10 points Massa none - Kimi will be #1 within the team as we all would expect.

2) Massa scores 10 points Kimi none - :eusa_think:

They need a #1 driver and a Barrichello driver but I think only Kimi could beat Hamilton this season.

They did have barrichello. and they replaced him with Massa.

Which is good news for Kimi.

Rubinho would have moped the floor with him ;)

You are right but Barrichello was fed up with being an ethernal number 2 in Ferrari with Michael. If he had known Michael would leave soon he would have kept working for them.

Rubinho would have moped the floor with him ;)

This season probably he would be leading the Championship at the moment. :D

hahahaha :lol:

Hey! Rubinho outclassified and beated MS fair and square in many ocassions, in the same car and despite being an obvious number 2. A feat not many in the current grid can brag about.

I am quite sure that, given the current performances from Kimi and Massa, Rubinho would have been a much better option, if they would let him race without restrictions.

Hey! Rubinho outclassified and beated MS fair and square in many ocassions, in the same car and despite being an obvious number 2. A feat not many in the current grid can brag about.

So did Massa.

It adds weight to the Alonso to Ferrari story anyway.

The only weight added to The Alonso to Ferrari Story would be Hamilton winning the Championship.

I hope Santander arent switching to ferrari, cos my mortgage is with Santander and I'm happy to help support McLaren by paying my mortgage payments.

I do not want to be paying Kimi & Felipe's wages!