Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grabthaw the Hammerslayer

Finally! Some Worthy Research

Boy, had to be hard to get volunteers for that one!

It really works. I was one of the volunteers for the research. :teeth:

Then I quit because they wanted to extend the research with boobs implants in all the volunteers. :shakehead:

:lol::lol:

This is why my blokie is going to live until he's at least 100. :P

I've seen this kind of research before, and the results are always the same, so I imagine it's true. I have unusually low blood pressure. But that's probably just because I'm so athletic.

Boy, had to be hard to get volunteers for that one!

Actually I bet it was: just imagine if you were put in the control group and couldn't do your daily ogling for a whole five years! I'd be worried about the risk to my heart...

I've seen this kind of research before, and the results are always the same, so I imagine it's true. I have unusually low blood pressure. But that's probably just because I'm so athletic.

Actually I bet it was: just imagine if you were put in the control group and couldn't do your daily ogling for a whole five years! I'd be worried about the risk to my heart...

Well...I guess there was another control team...oggling men titties...just for comparison purposes.

:lol:

I'd like to design an experiment where we find a way to help women lower their blood pressure. Maybe we could let them play with my manboobs?

Now *that's* my kinda research :)

Thank you for one of the most useful threads in the last year Meani Wan.

All those years trying to explain to the Missus why it's best she goes on top is not in vain.....

Girl Racer...

This is why my blokie is going to live until he's at least 100. :P

...is that because you have more than one pair? You show them more than the prescribed time? They're big? You have a girl friend to assist with your bloke's therapy? C'mon, don't keep Murray in suspense :P

Murray....

I have low blood pressure too, the doc says it's that low it's all gone to c#ck.

They really pay people to do this research? Fvckwits :lol: Permission to turn this thread into 'The Dumbest Research Into Everything That's Mind-Blowingly Obvious' Meani Wan?

OK, not as interesting as boobs (but what is?), but this research was obviously great value for money :P

Source: http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/06/04/f...n-survival.html

Dumb Flies Live Longer Than Clever Ones

AFP

June 4, 2008 -- It doesn't pay to be smart and ignorance really is bliss if you want a long life -- at least if you're a fly, according to new research by a Swiss university.

Scientists Tadeusz Kawecki and Joep Burger at the University of Lausanne said Wednesday they had discovered a "negative correlation between an improvement in a fly's mental capacity and its longevity".

As part of their research project, the results of which are published in the journal Evolution, they divided into two a group of flies from the Basel region of northwestern Switzerland.

One half was left in a natural state while the other had its intelligence boosted by Pavlovian methods, such as associating smell and taste with particular food or experiences.

Over 30 to 40 generations, these methods led to flies which clearly learned better and remembered things for longer.

The flipside was that the flies left in their natural state lived longer on average than their "cleverer" counterparts, with a lifespan of 80-85 days rather than the normal 50-60..

"In other terms, the more the fly becomes intelligent, the shorter its lifespan," the scientists said.

This is most probably because the increase in neural activity weakens the fly's life-support systems, they speculated.

"This would explain why flies, like most other animals, have hardly developed their neural capacities," they said.

Now I'm worried, should I have done that mature student thing after all? Oooh, look. A pretty blue light that's humming at me, I have to go..........

Well now this has had a clinical trial, I wonder if I could this on prescription :D

Definitely try: I got lice inspections over the counter once... oh wait, you heard about that already.

Murray....

I have low blood pressure too, the doc says it's that low it's all gone to c#ck.

It's got me thinking. 10 mins' daily arousal makes men healthier and live longer - but women live much longer still, so I must be doing something right for the female population.

Thank you for one of the most useful threads in the last year Meani Wan.

Pleasure, just trying to introduce a little science and engineering knowledge into this cultural vacuum <cough, cough> :D

They really pay people to do this research? Fvckwits :lol: Permission to turn this thread into 'The Dumbest Research Into Everything That's Mind-Blowingly Obvious' Meani Wan?

No, no, no Meds, you've got it all wrong, think about it - they really pay people to do this research! There is hope yet - I need a new job :) Can you imagine - it ran for five years!!! :)

There is actually a website that awards prize to the most ridiculous research http://improbable.com/ig/winners My favourite is the 2004 entry about Herrings communicating by farting. :) New Scientist covers it here: http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn4343 sadly, the sound link no longer works :(

Pleasure, just trying to introduce a little science and engineering knowledge into this cultural vacuum <cough, cough> :D

No, no, no Meds, you've got it all wrong, think about it - they really pay people to do this research! There is hope yet - I need a new job :) Can you imagine - it ran for five years!!! :)

It's completely true. I used to work in an office where the men were outnumbered 10-1 by the women. It was bliss. I used to go in even when I was sick it was that much fun. And I got paid too :lol:

Oddly enough, though, I always had a sore wrist. Go figure :eusa_think:

It's got me thinking. 10 mins' daily arousal makes men healthier and live longer - but women live much longer still, so I must be doing something right for the female population.

Indeed you do, Muzza. You stay indoors and chat on TF1 :whistling::lol:

AH! Maybe women live longer just by showing their boobs?!?

What's with all this 10mins daily arousal Muzza, is that all? I thought you were the original Jake The Peg :lol: Anyway, I reckon women live longer 'cos they can get a free shag anytime they like - we have to go (well, us gentlemen :P ) through all that warm-up stuff, like open doors, put your coat over a puddle, buy the drinks, take them out for a meal, take them to play snooker then politely ask if they prefer the easy pink or the difficult brown. Sheesh, the stress....

Apparently whales fart too: http://animal.discovery.com/news/briefs/20...301.65312280045

Now you wouldn't want to be around when that one went off

:lol::lol::lol: Meani Wan, my office is like a morgue today - I just laughed my man breasts off. :lol:

At this one for instance.....

LINGUISTICS: Juan Manuel Toro, Josep B. Trobalon and N

AH! Maybe women live longer just by showing their boobs?!?

What's with all this 10mins daily arousal Muzza, is that all? I thought you were the original Jake The Peg :lol: Anyway, I reckon women live longer 'cos they can get a free shag anytime they like - we have to go (well, us gentlemen :P ) through all that warm-up stuff, like open doors, put your coat over a puddle, buy the drinks, take them out for a meal, take them to play snooker then politely ask if they prefer the easy pink or the difficult brown. Sheesh, the stress....

Going for Repetative Strain Injury were you Paul? Fair play fella, did you get the women to laugh watch? :P

I got them to do it...................................laugh that is. Sheesh, filthy minds.

Well, to be honest I thought it was quite an ingenious plan. I used to tell them that I had a sore wrist so they would have to wan........errrrr type for me, whilst I looked at their tits.............documents, I said, documents, damnit.

Anyway, I used to sit opposite a girl who was a healthy 38d and who used to shake them for me on request............................but, that's another story :lol:

Joking apart, for my sins I studied at Stockholm Uni some years ago. For a giggle, some of the women got together to see how long they could, er, well, play down there, with each other - before a moaning moment came on, then they published a paper on it for a laugh. They were a popular bunch, how I miss them.........

I got them to do it...................................laugh that is. Sheesh, filthy minds.

Well, to be honest I thought it was quite an ingenious plan. I used to tell them that I had a sore wrist so they would have to wan........errrrr type for me, whilst I looked at their tits.............documents, I said, documents, damnit.

Anyway, I used to sit opposite a girl who was a healthy 38d and who used to shake them for me on request............................but, that's another story :lol:

:lol::lol: Bet you have slant eyes and buck teeth Paul!

Joking apart, for my sins I studied at Stockholm Uni some years ago. For a giggle, some of the women got together to see how long they could, er, well, play down there, with each other - before a moaning moment came on, then they published a paper on it for a laugh. They were a popular bunch, how I miss them.........

They published a paper on it ??? A paper, not a video??? How bollicking inconsiderate can you get?? :lol:

Indeed you do, Muzza. You stay indoors and chat on TF1 :whistling::lol:

:lol: Yeah, they do seem to like my magnificent post posts, it has to be said! I casually slip into the convo that my witty repartee is coming to them via the country's most powerful supercomputer and they get all hot and bothered.