Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Could This Be "it" ?

On the start they depress all four paddles = neutral....release one paddle with the pinky = 25% throttle/torque, release second paddle = 50% torque/throttle, release third paddle = 75%, release last paddle = 100%/go go go go as James Allen would say.

At least thats how it was explained on the track commentary at Aussie.

Obvioulsy the right foot will come into play somewhere between the third and fourth paddles too.

Out on track, i.e. racing, it's probably a lot simpler to use....Ferrari has had DIALS in the middle of their wheels for this use over the years, sneaky them....

Whoaaaaa, that's just confused me, easy to do I know :lol:

I thought the top 2 paddles were conventional gear change paddles, so surely the engine mapping paddles would have to operate independently of the gear shift paddles??

Yeah they still gear change.....it's all done with mirrors....obviously some fancy linkages and possibly a setting on the dash. Not a "programmed" launch control, but a "sequenced" launch control under control of the driver only. This would get around the no launch control rules, as the driver is controlling things, not a computer. Fingers and feet are all attached to the drivers, no? Therefore driver controlled.

The BMW one seems to be operated on the index and middle finger. Watch Kubi change gears, up or down, in in-car footage and you clearly see him do two taps as he changes....

Yeah they still gear change.....it's all done with mirrors....obviously some fancy linkages and possibly a setting on the dash. Not a "programmed" launch control, but a "sequenced" launch control under control of the driver only. This would get around the no launch control rules, as the driver is controlling things, not a computer. Fingers and feet are all attached to the drivers, no? Therefore driver controlled.

The BMW one seems to be operated on the index and middle finger. Watch Kubi change gears, up or down, in in-car footage and you clearly see him do two taps as he changes....

Ahh right, I see what you mean for the start sequence. The inference was that they could aslo use this during a normal lap, did they mention that at all?

No - just starting was talked about.

But one would imagine that the pinky-paddles could do something during the race

No - just starting was talked about.

But one would imagine that the pinky-paddles could do something during the race

Okly dokly, from now on they will be referred to as pinky paddles :lol:

Yeah, the suggestion is that they pick different engine mappings/torque settings for different gears. I was just curious as to how many mappings they have. As I said earlier, 2 settings would seem feasible, 1 pinky paddle sets 1 map and t'other sets a different map, but any more than that and I think you could start running into problems during a race.

Why not just cut the B8 and give then electronics back ?!

Honestly I'd rather have TC-LC, ABS, active suspensions then all this aero-gremlin crap and sneaky electronics.

Its only "cheating" if you get caught .