Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Mosley Wins His Case

It's the end of these kind of expose's thank God. The NOTW are facing a bill nearing

Personally I think Cav's "small willy" argument is an irrefutable one, but also your reasons for objecting are different to most. Imho your objection is marginally more sensible, although still not convincing to me, plus you have a teeny weenie so no one respects you any more. Now, unlike your reasons, Mr Tiny, I distinctly remember Messrs Droopy, Spotty and Oily were objecting on moral grounds. Droopy and Spotty didn't seem to mind what goes on in Max's sex life, but worried that some ignorant people in the Middle East would; whereas Oily in addition felt that Max's sex life was seriously immoral.

I wouldn't say seriously immoral. My objection was primarily about his ability to continue doing his job, an argument I'd still uphold.

As for the prostitution side, I still reserve the right to consider it morally wrong. A minor transgression, but a transgression nonetheless.

Personally I think Cav's "small willy" argument is an irrefutable one, but also your reasons for objecting are different to most. Imho your objection is marginally more sensible, although still not convincing to me, plus you have a teeny weenie so no one respects you any more. Now, unlike your reasons, Mr Tiny, I distinctly remember Messrs Droopy, Spotty and Oily were objecting on moral grounds. Droopy and Spotty didn't seem to mind what goes on in Max's sex life, but worried that some ignorant people in the Middle East would; whereas Oily in addition felt that Max's sex life was seriously immoral.

Like I always do it: in the toilet with the door locked. :P And I never like appeals to common sense because they usually just amount to "we've always thought this, therefore it must be right". That Jews are responsible for all the ills in society was once "common sense".

But do you?

Yes. The NOTW is blaming their loss on the EU and its pesky insistence on human rights legislation. :lol: They lurch from one prejudice to another. I ought to be cheering them...

Indeed. And on the Guardian blog that you posted up the online comments from readers tell a very similar story.

Nice post.

:lol: It prevailed in the court of law, not here, but then what's new!

:lol: Good news. Though I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't enough to make them think twice. I hope you're right though.

The reason why it prevailed in the court of law, but not here is because this is a discussion among deaf people.

You and Cav among others are talking about Max's right to privacy, and how NOTW breached that right.

Paul, Meanie, Oli and me among others (I think) objetc whether Max's idea of cheating on his wife with 5 prostitutes is a smart move or not, considering his public exposure. I don't think it's illegal what he did. I don't think NOTW had any right to breach his privacy. I think he was stupid to put himself in that position, though. And no, I don't think he is a victim of a sexually repressed society. He never was an activist for sexual rights, am I wrong? I haven't seen him at any gay parade, and I am definitely sure that, had any other prominent face of motorsport have been found in such an awkward position instead of himself, Max would have been one of the most vocal prosecutors.

I can understand you think NOTW should be punished. I cannot understand why is it so hard to see that Max acted with at least carelessness and that once it was made public, his job effectivity was compromised. And that he is no Oscar Wilde.

The reason why it prevailed in the court of law, but not here is because this is a discussion among deaf people.

You and Cav among others are talking about Max's right to privacy, and how NOTW breached that right.

Paul, Meanie, Oli and me among others (I think) objetc whether Max's idea of cheating on his wife with 5 prostitutes is a smart move or not, considering his public exposure. I don't think it's illegal what he did. I don't think NOTW had any right to breach his privacy. I think he was stupid to put himself in that position, though. And no, I don't think he is a victim of a sexually repressed society. He never was an activist for sexual rights, am I wrong? I haven't seen him at any gay parade, and I am definitely sure that, had any other prominent face of motorsport have been found in such an awkward position instead of himself, Max would have been one of the most vocal prosecutors.

I can understand you think NOTW should be punished. I cannot understand why is it so hard to see that Max acted with at least carelessness and that once it was made public, his job effectivity was compromised. And that he is no Oscar Wilde.

Exactly.

Especially considering (as I understand it) that he was warned by Bernie that something was going on....

Especially considering (as I understand it) that he was warned by Bernie that something was going on....

Well, I suppose if you believe that it was a set up, as Max wants us to believe, then that story would have to be considered too.

Ah, the whole motley crew are online tonight: Droopy, Spotty, Oily and Tiny. :whistling:

I wouldn't say seriously immoral. My objection was primarily about his ability to continue doing his job, an argument I'd still uphold.

As for the prostitution side, I still reserve the right to consider it morally wrong. A minor transgression, but a transgression nonetheless.

OK, and btw I will always defend your right to be wrong. :P I agree that he committed a minor transgression.

I agree he was careless to get caught doing what he did, and yes he is no Oscar Wilde: by all accounts the dialogue in his video wasn't up to much. :mf_tongue: Nevertheless I care more about the principles at stake than I do about how well he can regulate F1. (For example, even if he had failed to punish McLaren I wouldn't have minded too much honestly as I think there was far more to that than ever met the eye, and as you know I have no problem with cheating in F1. Most of his good ideas get ignored anyway. :lol: ) I just get fed up with judgmental, vindictive people eating up the invasive drivel that tabloids spew out every single week. Peope's lives are destroyed all the time by baseless public accusations that exploit the ethical ignorance of the masses, all of which matters more to me than F1. And I think even famous people should be able to have sex the way they want, as long as it's consensual and legal. But yes, Max was taking a risk given the aforementioned simple-minded people there are in world, and he surely will regret not making sure this remained private. Probably it won't affect his performance in the job as much as people have made out: his important work was done behind the scenes organising campaigns and working with the EU, UN, WHO etc and they aren't going to care. Any ceremonial duties will be performed by some flunky who before this episode was probably little less known outside of motorsport. Let's face it, Max's strength has always been his legal and political mind, not his brand name.

As you know, Oscar Wilde's story was the inspiration for a very nice poem that I might have posted here before. It's by A E Houseman, who was gay like Wilde but more discreet, and he wrote this coded criticism of homophobia when Wilde was arrested and condemned to hard labour for his sexuality.

The Colour of his Hair

Oh who is that young sinner with the handcuffs on his wrists?

And what has he been after, that they groan and shake their fists?

And wherefore is he wearing such a conscience-stricken air?

Oh they

Ah, the whole motley crew are online tonight: Droopy, Spotty, Oily and Tiny. :whistling:

Along with 2yearold-y :rolleyes:

OK, and btw I will always defend your right to be wrong. :P I agree that he committed a minor transgression.

And I will always defend your right to wind people up.......

Along with 2yearold-y :rolleyes:

And I will always defend your right to wind people up.......

He is actually Mr Floppy, just in case you hadn't heard :whistling:

And I defend his right to talk drivelling bollocks :lol:

I agree he was careless to get caught doing what he did, and yes he is no Oscar Wilde: by all accounts the dialogue in his video wasn't up to much. :mf_tongue: Nevertheless I care more about the principles at stake than I do about how well he can regulate F1. (For example, even if he had failed to punish McLaren I wouldn't have minded too much honestly as I think there was far more to that than ever met the eye, and as you know I have no problem with cheating in F1. Most of his good ideas get ignored anyway. :lol: ) I just get fed up with judgmental, vindictive people eating up the invasive drivel that tabloids spew out every single week. Peope's lives are destroyed all the time by baseless public accusations that exploit the ethical ignorance of the masses, all of which matters more to me than F1. And I think even famous people should be able to have sex the way they want, as long as it's consensual and legal. But yes, Max was taking a risk given the aforementioned simple-minded people there are in world, and he surely will regret not making sure this remained private. Probably it won't affect his performance in the job as much as people have made out: his important work was done behind the scenes organising campaigns and working with the EU, UN, WHO etc and they aren't going to care. Any ceremonial duties will be performed by some flunky who before this episode was probably little less known outside of motorsport. Let's face it, Max's strength has always been his legal and political mind, not his brand name.

I am not sure I find "Tiny" too flattering. A few days ago I was The Wise One! Bah, fame is such a slutty lady! :P

Ahh yes! You feel what I feel (and I think everybody else does). Many people might have condemned Max because they found his actions repulsive or similar. You think that is idiotic. So, as a consequence, you tend to support Max too strongly. A sort of "overcompensation of bias". Sometimes I spew vitriol against Lewis, or defend silly attitudes from Nando, just because I feel that Lewis is being grossly overestimated or Nando grossly underestimated.

Anyways, we both agree that NOTW was wrong for their cheap venting of Mosley's Zpanking Circus. Now it seems we both agree that going to engage in rather extensive sexual antics with 5 prostitutes is not what somebody would consider "being discreet".

We will always differ in how much that indiscretion will hurt his job.

And I loved learning about Houseman and his poem. Sometimes these bizantine discussions aren't as fruitless as some people think.

(Finally, I am gonna love Paul, Oli, Meanie and you exchanging new nicknames in this thread :P )

:lol: (More Oily bollocks. :rolleyes: )

Bah, fame is such a slutty lady! :P

:lol: And not in such a good way.

Ahh yes! You feel what I feel (and I think everybody else does). Many people might have condemned Max because they found his actions repulsive or similar. You think that is idiotic. So, as a consequence, you tend to support Max too strongly. A sort of "overcompensation of bias". Sometimes I spew vitriol against Lewis, or defend silly attitudes from Nando, just because I feel that Lewis is being grossly overestimated or Nando grossly underestimated.

That's a fair summary, except that I think I support Max just the right amount! I never really cared that much about him personally - in fact I wouldn't want much to do with him in real life - but this whole debacle makes me want to rage against the judgmental ignorance of some people, and the exploitation of that by the media and others for their own gain, and if F1 is slightly weakened by making the point that people should have to respect his, and everyone else's, legitimate sexual practices then I don't much care. Anyway, just my take, as they say. ^_^

And I loved learning about Houseman and his poem. Sometimes these bizantine discussions aren't as fruitless as some people think.

Yup. He's not usually said to have been one of the best poets, but I think that one is very nice. His poems generally have fairly obvious and catchy rhythms so they can be enjoyed without too much thinking, even by people like me.

But do you?

Yeah ..I do.

Cav has always been able to debate a point of view (regardless on if he "really" believes it or not) without stooping down to personal insults. Unlike others here.

Yeah ..I do.

Cav has always been able to debate a point of view (regardless on if he "really" believes it or not) without stooping down to personal insults. Unlike others here.

What are you talking about? Such statements reek of bigotry you lewisteric, echolalia clown! Most posters around here are pretty friendly aren't they? Hilarious. You funny man. Thanks for making me laugh.

What are you talking about? Such statements reek of bigotry you lewisteric, echolalia clown! Most posters around here are pretty friendly aren't they? Hilarious. You funny man. Thanks for making me laugh.

I've made my point.

:lol:

:That's a fair summary, except that I think I support Max just the right amount! I never really cared that much about him personally - in fact I wouldn't want much to do with him in real life - but this whole debacle makes me want to rage against the judgmental ignorance of some people, and the exploitation of that by the media and others for their own gain, and if F1 is slightly weakened by making the point that people should have to respect his, and everyone else's, legitimate sexual practices then I don't much care. Anyway, just my take, as they say. ^_^

I felt that way a long time ago, for obvious reasons, now I am de-sensitised to it all. I treat the media like I would radiation - I try to control the amount of exposure I have :lol:

:lolroll:

Blah, blah, blah :D:D:D

I had a heart-stopping moment when I read this - "oh no, tell me he doesn't have a twin....." :(:D

I have'nt bothered to read the thread, could'nt care less... but whats this..."reek of bigotry you lewisteric, echolalia clown" all wrapped into one sentence... what an achievement...

I felt that way a long time ago, for obvious reasons, now I am de-sensitised to it all. I treat the media like I would radiation - I try to control the amount of exposure I have :lol:

Wise move. I can't stand the media. I used to work in a magazine company and found it very eye-opening when you see the intelligence, social skills and motivators of many journos. Scary even.

Exceptions go to the Sunday Sport in the late 80s whose headlines were legendary "WW2 Bomber found on the moon!" and shortly afterwards when scientists were rubbishing it "WW2 Bomber disappears from the moon"..... sadly even this paper is a pale shadow of its former self.

Oh dear http://www.f1way.com/news/2008/july/25/mos...e-legal-actions

This is one of the reasons why I don't like Max - he doesn't know when to stop. A mixture of giant ego, aggression and unshakeable belief that he is right don't make for comfortable bed-fellows.

We're going to be subjected to yet more of this. I said in a previous posting

This will run and run.

and it will....

Exceptions go to the Sunday Sport in the late 80s whose headlines were legendary "WW2 Bomber found on the moon!" and shortly afterwards when scientists were rubbishing it "WW2 Bomber disappears from the moon"..... sadly even this paper is a pale shadow of its former self.

:roll:

Yep, it was much easier to hide on your personage when going to the bathroom than those pesky un-foldable Fiestas or Rustlers. Razzle wasn't too bad as it was quite bendable - rather like Mr Floppy :whistling::lol: