Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Mosley Wins His Case

What a load of utter nonsense. This is why no-one takes Christianity seriously any more.

Ah so this is now a religion thread :D

Look, let's add the subjects of guns, creationism and abortion to the mix just to spice it up a little :D

Good for him...........Bad for motorsport.Period.
The NOTW will carry on as it always has, because there's a huge market for these kinds of stories. This result won't change a damn thing, so calling it a victory is really quite shortsighted. Max is and will continue to be a laughing stock.
The reason why it prevailed in the court of law, but not here is because this is a discussion among deaf people.

You and Cav among others are talking about Max's right to privacy, and how NOTW breached that right.

Paul, Meanie, Oli and me among others (I think) objetc whether Max's idea of cheating on his wife with 5 prostitutes is a smart move or not, considering his public exposure. I don't think it's illegal what he did. I don't think NOTW had any right to breach his privacy. I think he was stupid to put himself in that position, though. And no, I don't think he is a victim of a sexually repressed society. He never was an activist for sexual rights, am I wrong? I haven't seen him at any gay parade, and I am definitely sure that, had any other prominent face of motorsport have been found in such an awkward position instead of himself, Max would have been one of the most vocal prosecutors.

I can understand you think NOTW should be punished. I cannot understand why is it so hard to see that Max acted with at least carelessness and that once it was made public, his job effectivity was compromised. And that he is no Oscar Wilde.

Cav the reason I duck out of these conversations is the pointlessness of trying to explain anything to you.

I have more than explained my views on the matter, but you either twist what I and others say, apply your own thoughts/agenda to it, quote lots of press articles or rant back in your usual way.

But I will tell you what I stand for - some of the answers may surprise you, but as you've been going rant, rant you've failed to pick this up.

Am I against people engaging in S&M? No couldn't give a damn what they do; in fact I have friends who are very into this scene (organising parties around it) and before you ask, no I don't get involved.

Am I against prostitutes? Nope up to individuals what they do. Not pro it particularly, but it goes on, so what.

Am I against invasion of privacy? Yes very much so. The caveat to this is that something has to be private for an invasion to occur. And in Mosley's case, I am with Pabloh in that what he did was emphatically not private and if he wanted it be so, he 1) should have taken more care 2) involved less people 3) put a contract in place preventing them from telling anyone.

Do I like the media? Nope. But again, I don't have a lot of sympathy with the rich and famous and the media. Some chose to live a lifestyle where they are in the public spotlight and exploit this for theie own ends. Mosley being a case in point. However, my view is that you take the rough with the smooth - occasionally they will turn on you, especially if you do something stupid. I don't like it (I don't read newspapers) but irrespective of what is right or wrong, that's the way it is.

What about his family? I don't agree with what he did in terms of his marriage, that's my personal view - I believe in fidelity. I also don't agree with the way he appears to be revelling in the media and has been so cavalier about revealing all the gory details. If it were me, I would not have gone to court for fear of damaging the family further. I would quieten things down, not open them up for the world to see and why, if he was so keen on keeping things private would he volunteer far, far more intimate information?? Does this really sound like someone who cares deeply about his privacy or is it the N word that is getting to him and he will sacrifice anything to clear his name?

What about his job? As I have said before I believe someone in an influential position, globally should have good standing. I do not believe that Max's exploits place him in good standing. It raises questions about his integrity and judgement and some people (like it or not) will not feel happy with what he has done (not necessarily the sexual aspects, but his behaviour and performance - aggressiveness, bending the truth) - these may be heads of state, commercial executives, whatever. Again you may not like this, but that's the way it is.

His political past? Well so what if it was when he was young - how do you know what he really believes? Do you honestly think that his S&M romp had no fascist overtones? German accents carrying more authority??? Come on!

What about his performance in the court-room? I believe it was stage managed, I also do not believe he was being entirely truthful. You keep bashing on about him being vindicated and that there was no evidence of Nazi behaviour/prostitution. Well Cav wake up! If you can't see through this then you are even more naieve than I thought you were. He was under oath and perjury is a crime.

You keep saying "people like me". Well "people like me" are not in the minority as you feel, nor are we in the majority. It does not make "us" wrong, nor does it make you right. I'm very happy being a "person like me". At least I am not idealistic or naieve.

Agree.

It's the end of these kind of expose's thank God. The NOTW are facing a bill nearing

:o Wait. Let me just re-think it then. Surely I haven't gone wrong somewhere... :whistling:

Be fair, I did say you were still wrong.

Very well, next time I promise to decry you as a Walter Mitty-style fantasist.