Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Gp Hungary

I'm sorry for Massa, he deserved to win today. He was going to be considered (at least) on par with Raikkonen in Ferrari... But everything blew up.

Massa and Glock great
Kimi and Alonso good
Heikki fine, just there

s##t race.

How the hell can you say that. This was one of the best races I have witnessed in awhile. Watching Massa drive an incredible race and keep that James Allen quiet was to say the least, one of the highlights. I was thinking I was going to have to listen to that twit gush all over Hamilton for an hour and a half. Massa's start and drive stuffed a sock in that yap trap, and then I could enjoy the race.

A new winner, a gustsy show from Toyota, and good drives from a lot of guys. I really don't now how you could say this was a poor showing.

How the hell can you say that. This was one of the best races I have witnessed in awhile. Watching Massa drive an incredible race and keep that James Allen quiet was to say the least, one of the highlights. I was thinking I was going to have to listen to that twit gush all over Hamilton for an hour and a half. Massa's start and drive stuffed a sock in that yap trap, and then I could enjoy the race.

A new winner, a gustsy show from Toyota, and good drives from a lot of guys. I really don't now how you could say this was a poor showing.

Massa is one of the DoD...that shows you just how boring it was :P

The race was boring as hell in my opinion, if this is what's now considered a great or even good race then F1 fans need to wake up. There was no overtaking!

It's no secret that you're one of the few TF1 poster's I reallly admire in terms of intelligence postings. I'm not bulls##tting. Add to that Mr Murray Walker, DOF, Pabloh, Andres, Fedup and definately Dribs. Fair to say, Maure has his moments. Far removed from talking as friends with this group, you'r included in there, half of them don't even support Kimi ....But your take on Massa and KR has really left me disappointed.

This is probably Kimi and his fans's darkest hour... our allegiance to the Iceman during this period separate the sheep from the sheep (I'm talkin Kimi fans). He has won the championship (he told Peter Windsor he'd retire after just one), the last 5 races left him with horrible luck, I really don't know if you were watching, and like shumie always has, they make the odd mistake in qualifying pushing the car to their limit. Perfect manipulative drivers like Kimi, schumie and Hamie tend to do that.

So, I'm going to ask you again....Do you honestly believe Massa is the better driver of the 2, and Kimi is not underperforming? If you do, you better pray Massa don't cave and fold away in these last few races under pressure and give up a place as easily as he did to Hamie come race day.....

Thanks, but do not be disappointed in my view of FM. I think FM has upped his game and is now one of the best drivers in F1. His drive today is a perfect example of why I am of that opinion. Have faith that I have not made excuses for KR. He is an excellent driver, I just really do think that Massa has got really good, and is honestly wrestling the number one status away from Kimi.

The race was boring as hell in my opinion, if this is what's now considered a great or even good race then F1 fans need to wake up. There was no overtaking!

Did you guys miss the start!!!!!!!!.

How about JB getting past RB. There was passing going on all over the track, as much as I have seen in any F1 race. It just wasn't at the front.

Did you guys miss the start!!!!!!!!.

How about JB getting past RB. There was passing going on all over the track, as much as I have seen in any F1 race. It just wasn't at the front.

The start was good, in fact Massa's overtake was very good, the best I have seen from him (loving both front wheels locking up, very Gilles). But that aside, it just isn't enough, I hardly saw anything else happen after the opening couple of laps..

Well what a big disappointment for FM fans.

All I can say is that Massa drove a brilliant race, and kind of placed himself on the top shelf with that drive. He was bold,fair and untouchable on a stage where the Ferraris and Mclarens were on even terms. His driving ability set him apart from the others.

I have never questioned Kimi's abilities, on the contrary, I am making the suggestion that Massa has picked up his game to a new level. THis is not the FM of old. He is ahead of Kimi because he is showing signs of Brilliance on the track.

His engine failing three laps from the end does not change the fact, he was in a league of his own today. He was even saving the engine content to let the rest of the field catch up to him, in an effort to reduce the stress on the engine. He was perfect in every way.

Well Done FM.

+1.

The race was boring but no more than most of other races we have watched in the last two seasons. TC ban has changed very little, I hope aero reduction can change things a bit more to make overtaking possible.

The race was boring but no more than most of other races we have watched in the last two seasons. TC ban has changed very little, I hope aero reduction can change things a bit more to make overtaking possible.

Well it has been decades since passing on the track in F1 has been possible. What we are witnessing this year is the best it has been in 10 years. Yes I hope aero reductions open up even more posibilities.

It just seems a little strange to pick on this particular race as being any worse then any other F1 show we have been watching in the last 10 years. :D

Yeah, Andres, cheating definitely. There's no other way FA kept KR at bay for 55 laps.

:lol: He probably knows the F2008 like the back of his hand too...

This have been one of the best races of the year if not the best.

I wouldn't go that far, but it turned out to be quite fun and unpredictable.

What a horrid race for BMW. Kubica warned after Magny Course that Toyota and Renault are closing in and may leapfrog BMW cars. Now it's happened. I think part of it is lack of development, and part strategy (overcompensating for Nick's poor qualifying ???). And if you think it's Kubica, note that Nick only past the patented slow cars.

Kubica's run at WDC is over, and BMW will be lucky if they keep no. 3. IMHO Dr. T. overestimated car's capability and underestimated their competition.

Oh, and if BMW is putting everything they've got into KERS, they may be blindsided if FIA postpones it's introduction.

I am totally frustrated.

And all of you saying this race was boring - go watch NASCAR. Lot's of meaningless bumping and griding there. And, fistfights between drivers are encouraged to make it more interesting.

:angry:

You're right about NASCAR. Kubica was never going to be WDC this year. And you seem to always think the whole world is against you. The plain facts are that BMW are and were not good enough this year. Them sliding backwards during the season was always going to happen. Kubica is one of the top drivers though, and will have to fight it out with Kimi, Alonso and Vettel for that Ferrari ride, or wait to see if BMW can close the gap, but I doubt that they can.

He brakes too hard. How many tires he blew so far?

Massa, on the other hand, didn't seem to be forcing the engine too much. Now that's bad luck. Well...at least it didn't rain... :P

He does have an aggressive style, and also the McLaren is harder on its tyres than most. But still, he was pushing to beat a team which was pushing their engine too hard on a hot day. Ferrari were worried about Kimi's engine too so I don't think it was bad luck - they were on the limit trying to beat the McLarens. In the end, slow but steady Kova won the race by not pushing too hard in a race where Massa bust Lewis's tyres and Lewis blew Massa's engine. The new Ferrari rear aero package might influence engine performance slightly too.

Well what a big disappointment for FM fans.

All I can say is that Massa drove a brilliant race, and kind of placed himself on the top shelf with that drive. He was bold,fair and untouchable on a stage where the Ferraris and Mclarens were on even terms. His driving ability set him apart from the others.

I have never questioned Kimi's abilities, on the contrary, I am making the suggestion that Massa has picked up his game to a new level. THis is not the FM of old. He is ahead of Kimi because he is showing signs of Brilliance on the track.

His engine failing three laps from the end does not change the fact, he was in a league of his own today. He was even saving the engine content to let the rest of the field catch up to him, in an effort to reduce the stress on the engine. He was perfect in every way.

Well Done FM.

:lol: Massa drove well today, especially at the start, where he was world class, even if he did have a slightly lighter car. Nevertheless it won't change anyone's opinion of him all that much. The Ferraris' race pace was simply better than anyone else's. Kimi set the fastest lap of the race, followed by Massa. Lewis was 3rd, some 0.3s/lap behind Kimi, and Heikki was 7th. So the truth is that Massa was leading today because he had the best car by about 0.3s/lap and he didn't mess up as much as Kimi. And he made a great move at the start.

PS Bradley, we admire you too!

TC was never an issue, the aero, tires and engines are the issue.

This is how things should be done:

190010644e16e996963okm8.jpg

3851ee2.jpg

Ground effects, fat slicks and turbos with adjustable boost (a.k.a. F1s 1980s push to pass). Adapted with today's safety and reliability.

TC was never an issue, the aero, tires and engines are the issue.

This is how things should be done:

190010644e16e996963okm8.jpg

3851ee2.jpg

Ground effects, fat slicks and turbos with adjustable boost (a.k.a. F1s 1980s push to pass). Adapted with today's safety and reliability.

:yawn:

:lol: He probably knows the F2008 like the back of his hand too...

I wouldn't go that far, but it turned out to be quite fun and unpredictable.

You're right about NASCAR. Kubica was never going to be WDC this year. And you seem to always think the whole world is against you. The plain facts are that BMW are and were not good enough this year. Them sliding backwards during the season was always going to happen. Kubica is one of the top drivers though, and will have to fight it out with Kimi, Alonso and Vettel for that Ferrari ride, or wait to see if BMW can close the gap, but I doubt that they can.

He does have an aggressive style, and also the McLaren is harder on its tyres than most. But still, he was pushing to beat a team which was pushing their engine too hard on a hot day. Ferrari were worried about Kimi's engine too so I don't think it was bad luck - they were on the limit trying to beat the McLarens. In the end, slow but steady Kova won the race by not pushing too hard in a race where Massa bust Lewis's tyres and Lewis blew Massa's engine. The new Ferrari rear aero package might influence engine performance slightly too.

:lol: Massa drove well today, especially at the start, where he was world class, even if he did have a slightly lighter car. Nevertheless it won't change anyone's opinion of him all that much. The Ferraris' race pace was simply better than anyone else's. Kimi set the fastest lap of the race, followed by Massa. Lewis was 3rd, some 0.3s/lap behind Kimi, and Heikki was 7th. So the truth is that Massa was leading today because he had the best car by about 0.3s/lap and he didn't mess up as much as Kimi. And he made a great move at the start.

PS Bradley, we admire you too!

:D not likely to win a race if your race pace is 0.3 slower then the rest :D

So it all comes down to how is a car .3/lap faster. That is where the driver comes in. I personally think the Mclarens and Ferrari's are pretty even, so that being true, you have to start looking at the Driver input's. FM got that car to the front by the end of the straight, and he did that with his ability, pure and simple. Even with the spirted start he still left Hamilton ample room on the inside, I know others who would not have. For this I give FM full marks. Everything he did today was golden, and on the contrary he did spool down his engine to coast to the finish. Ferrari let him down again. This time it is mechanical, other times it has been poor strategy. Massa, inspite of Ferrari is still in the hunt for the WDC. This situation is not the case of Massa riding on Ferrari coat tails, in fact I could make the argument it is the other way around.

I wholeheartly agree with you.

And here we got some really appalling commentators i.e saying that Timo Glock got 2. place due to the retirement of Lewis Hamilton...(sigh)

So it all comes down to how is a car .3/lap faster. That is where the driver comes in.

Given Kimi's pace in the race, once he got clear of Alonso, it is clear to see that the Ferrari was a faster car. That .3s/lap figure comes from Kimi not Massa.

I wholeheartly agree with you.

And here we got some really appalling commentators i.e saying that Timo Glock got 2. place due to the retirement of Lewis Hamilton...(sigh)

Indeedy, I remember James Allen saying that Raikkonen was having to 'fend off' Mark Webber..he was about two seconds ahead of Webber (and pulling away!). I think he was just going with the flow, he sees that KR is having a bad race so instead of saying he's in sixth battling with Alonso, and Webber is behind him, he says that Raikkonen is fending off Webber. It's these little things that do annoy me :lol:

RE NASCAR

They ran their first race on Rain tires in Montreal yesterday. It was a very good race with lost of passing. JV was even in the lead for awhile. Nice thing about Nascar is they get to bump and grind a bit without putting themselves out of the race.

It was a good show, admittingly at a much different level then F1.

Given Kimi's pace in the race, once he got clear of Alonso, it is clear to see that the Ferrari was a faster car. That .3s/lap figure comes from Kimi not Massa.

But McClaren qualified 1-2????? on equal fuel loads. Kimi and Massa got more out of what they had. That is driver input making that difference.

Thanks, but do not be disappointed in my view of FM. I think FM has upped his game and is now one of the best drivers in F1. His drive today is a perfect example of why I am of that opinion. Have faith that I have not made excuses for KR. He is an excellent driver, I just really do think that Massa has got really good, and is honestly wrestling the number one status away from Kimi.

I'll agree with one thing the commentators said YHR.... Kimi is'nt a dynamic team leader the way Alonso is. He likes to do things his way, silently, with not much to say. That in itself may harm him, or help him (look what happened last year). Sure, Massa has upped his game, no doubt about that, and is giving Kimi a hard time.... at the same time, Kimi's form has dipped. I think we'll see a much fairer competition from the 2 ferrari drivers from now onwards...

I'll agree with one thing the commentators said YHR.... Kimi is'nt a dynamic team leader the way Alonso is. He likes to do things his way, silently, with not much to say. That in itself may harm him, or help him (look what happened last year). Sure, Massa has upped his game, no doubt about that, and is giving Kimi a hard time.... at the same time, Kimi's form has dipped. I think we'll see a much fairer competition from the 2 ferrari drivers from now onwards...

Agreed.

Ferrari have demonstrated they are still in the hunt, and have the raw speed. KR basically summed up his position today. He has to figure out how to get the most out of the tires and the car in qualifying. Once he gets that figured out he can be challenging for wins, instead of being stuck behind slower cars. Hopefully Massa can help him with that, because he seems to have it figured out, so the future looks OK. It will be a good fight to the end for the WDC between FM, KR and Hamilton.

Look what the roulette season has brought us this time around, Kova first and Glock second... Even if Toyota is not going too shabby and Kova was given a car "only" ~1.5 secs. per lap slower than Hamilton's, there is a sadness to all this fcked up affair... and what's happened to BMW?

Anyway, there is hilarity too, thankfully. I've just read that RD claims Alonso is the only driver to say that there is no equality at McLaren. If this is not proof the man is going senile, what is? I can think of at least five FIVE drivers that have said there is favoritism at McLaren: Hamilton, Coulthard, Montoya, Kimi, and Alonso. Sure, the last three have implied it more or less explicitly. But Coulthard elaborated on RD's "sense of equality" at length on his blog while Hamilton got the team investigated twice (penalized once) and insists, to this day, that McLaren fixes races. I tell you guys, RD's condition is starting to inspire pity...

s##t race.

Joker... Don't you appreciate how the single tyre supplier made it possible for Glock to get a podium?

Agreed.

Ferrari have demonstrated they are still in the hunt, and have the raw speed. KR basically summed up his position today. He has to figure out how to get the most out of the tires and the car in qualifying. Once he gets that figured out he can be challenging for wins, instead of being stuck behind slower cars. Hopefully Massa can help him with that, because he seems to have it figured out, so the future looks OK. It will be a good fight to the end for the WDC between FM, KR and Hamilton.

:thbup: