Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jez

Alonso To Honda?!

Wrong.

If I remember correctly, it wasn't his choice to leave Williams in '96. They sacked Hill before Monza - Frank stated they were not going to give Hill a new deal.

Hill got greedy and forgot who he was dealing with. Fernando got greedy over terms and forgot who he was dealing with. Maybe it's the same afterall.

But I think it was painfully obvious that Renault weren't going to have a winning car this year.

That's the thing. Fernando shot himself in the foot at McLaren and knew that returning to Renault was the second best option.

You don't leave all the windows open and then complain that it it too cold.

That's the thing. Fernando shot himself in the foot at McLaren and knew that returning to Renault was the second best option.

You don't leave all the windows open and then complain that it it too cold.

Alonso's never complained about leaving McLaren but just the contrary. He's recently said loud and clear he had to leave because he knew he would never win again with them and he would be doing Kovalainen's role. You can't win a championship if you have to battle your team mate and your whole team at the same time, when they just want you to grab some points for the team and let your team mate grab as many points as possible for his Championship. And if you are a 2xWDC then you have to say no way.

They shot Fernando at McLaren when he had to see Hamilton begging FIA for an investigation. It was at Monaco '07 first but the boy gold and his dad got nothing back, only a compliment from Ron Dennis who gave credit to Hamilton's BS. Then he did it in Hungary '07 again and things worked out much better for him and McLaren but Alonso decided just that night he had to leave when he saw them laughing very happy in the team. He said it in a very recent interview.

If you expect Alonso is going to play second fiddle in any team from the start of the season forget about it. That equality policy in McLaren is pure BS. They have the equality for Hamilton's success and it started in 2007. Hamilton is their choice, their bet and there's nothing wrong with it but Alonso is free to find a team where he is welcome, where he can feel comfortable and happy, and where he can win again.

Hill got greedy and forgot who he was dealing with. Fernando got greedy over terms and forgot who he was dealing with. Maybe it's the same afterall.

It was Noige who got greedy. DH was punted because of his useless '95 season. Nowt to do with money. I agree with you on the unibrow comment.

Not a winning car but it was expected they would be in a better position this year and they would have better expectations for next year. I think Alonso's realised he has to chose carefully or he might never win again. And I'm not talking about a World Championship but a single race. It's a bit pessimistic but realistic nonetheless.

I expected Renault to be 4th best, and in Alonso's hands that's where they are. No one expected Piquet to be as useless as he's been, so that has lowered their WCC performance.

Agreed. If you listen to Alonso

It was Noige who got greedy. DH was punted because of his useless '95 season. Nowt to do with money. I agree with you on the unibrow comment.

Indeed. But I'd say a world champion and a double world champion have every right to be greedy. I would be.

An F1 insider told me latest word around the paddock is Brett Favre is going to retire and replace Rubens Barrichello at Honda. His teammate will be Mark Martin, who has also retired (for the 82nd time since 2004).

(Yes, I'm still talking to myself. Even if I finally agree with DOF, I'll never change that aspect of my posting :P )

:lol:

And welcome back Eric!

Nooo!!!! I only came back because I thought you had left. Back to the Feminist Forum for me :(:P

Are they cute?

:lol: Yeah, they post their "adult" photos all over the board. I mean, that's what feminism is all about, right? :P

:lol: That's my understanding of it, yeah. They celebrate women's talents, right? Well, once you've burnt all your bras what else can you do.

:lol: Yeah, they post their "adult" photos all over the board. I mean, that's what feminism is all about, right? :P

You forgot the "no-shaving" rule

Toward the latter stages of the 07 Championship, many discussions had risen on the pending future of Alonso. A suggestion put forward by myself at the time was to see Alonso pursue a career with Toyota. That thought now, doesn't seem quite so stupid.

However, to touch on the subject, its a gamble I'd like to see Honda and Alonso take.

Wrong.

If I remember correctly, it wasn't his choice to leave Williams in '96. They sacked Hill before Monza - Frank stated they were not going to give Hill a new deal.

I'm happy that Button will [hopefully] be teaming up with Alonso. I think the two would work really well together.

Can't believe I forgot that! Only read about his WDC glory a few days ago!