Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

Senna To Toro Rosso?

I had enough with Piquet. Really.

Next brazilian driver should have a different name so I cannot expect much from him. Worked with Felipe... :)

Maybe DiGrassi.

Torro Rosso 2009. Bruno Senna? Brendan Hartley? Why? Maybe to test - yes - but they're way off a full drive in a seriously expensive bit of kit yet. If Nando goes to Honda I believe Gerhard would look to someone like Barrichello for a last season. I see little point in letting Bourdais go either unless somebody with more experience became available. He's probably done his worst by now and may improve. He has cost GB money and he'll want some worth from that. Nobody has the cash to develop a new car for 2010 except a manufacturer - perhaps VW/Audi. STR is virtually a worthless asset unless a buyer like that wanted a base to start from. It would have to be cheap though. They're are rumours growing daily inside the sport that Prodrive will enter in 2009 as Aston Martin F1, if a new Concorde Agreement can be reached with terms that are favourable to them. Personally, I think we need guys like Dave Richards to get back in the sport. There could be another shake-up in the driver market if that transpired and we all know who his No.1 target would be - don't we?

All shepherds should be given a go. They are naturally fast at chasing sheep.

All that'd do is give us a Welsh WDC.

Torro Rosso 2009. Bruno Senna? Brendan Hartley? Why? Maybe to test - yes - but they're way off a full drive in a seriously expensive bit of kit yet. If Nando goes to Honda I believe Gerhard would look to someone like Barrichello for a last season. I see little point in letting Bourdais go either unless somebody with more experience became available. He's probably done his worst by now and may improve. He has cost GB money and he'll want some worth from that. Nobody has the cash to develop a new car for 2010 except a manufacturer - perhaps VW/Audi. STR is virtually a worthless asset unless a buyer like that wanted a base to start from. It would have to be cheap though. They're are rumours growing daily inside the sport that Prodrive will enter in 2009 as Aston Martin F1, if a new Concorde Agreement can be reached with terms that are favourable to them. Personally, I think we need guys like Dave Richards to get back in the sport. There could be another shake-up in the driver market if that transpired and we all know who his No.1 target would be - don't we?

If Nando goes Honda, I go STR myself.

I don't rate Senna at all. And I don't trust George as far as picking talent goes. Remember that Marko Asmer guy? Future WDC my a## ;)

Meanwhile, the talent I exclusivley saw, Scott Speed, is the points leader in his rookie season in ARCA RE/MAX competition. He's killed all the modern-day open wheel exports minus Tony Stewart, and he hasn't even been to Sprint Cup yet. I know how to pick 'em. :D

(Actually, I don't, I think I said that Scott would suck in stock cars...)

I don't rate Senna at all. And I don't trust George as far as picking talent goes. Remember that Marko Asmer guy? Future WDC my a## ;)

Meanwhile, the talent I exclusivley saw, Scott Speed, is the points leader in his rookie season in ARCA RE/MAX competition. He's killed all the modern-day open wheel exports minus Tony Stewart, and he hasn't even been to Sprint Cup yet. I know how to pick 'em. :D

(Actually, I don't, I think I said that Scott would suck in stock cars...)

There is a crime in your post, you have underestimated the GOD that is Marko Asmer. Yeah OK actually he may not become a WDC, mostly because he's too old (24) and he's only in GP2 atm with a crappy a## team, although he's already beating his team-mate (who tbf is one very crappy driver). But anyway despite all that, Asmer is a potentially great racing driver.

As for Senna, well we shall see I guess, he could go either way in F1.

There is a crime in your post, you have underestimated the GOD that is Marko Asmer. Yeah OK actually he may not become a WDC, mostly because he's too old (24) and he's only in GP2 atm with a crappy a## team, although he's already beating his team-mate (who tbf is one very crappy driver). But anyway despite all that, Asmer is a potentially great racing driver.

As for Senna, well we shall see I guess, he could go either way in F1.

I've never seen him race, but he looks like s##t to me :P

(None of the Speed bashers used actual logic, so I don't have to, either :lol: )

I didn't know he was bisexual, actually. I guess with the current crop of pretty boys, he would be tempted to go either way, but I'm sure all he'll need is a Foster's grid girl right in front of his car in Melbourne and his problems will be solved. (Except they're the ING girls now; are the ING ones any good? If they're not, Bruno's in a mess).

I've never seen him race, but he looks like s##t to me :P

(None of the Speed bashers used actual logic, so I don't have to, either :lol: )

I didn't know he was bisexual, actually. I guess with the current crop of pretty boys, he would be tempted to go either way, but I'm sure all he'll need is a Foster's grid girl right in front of his car in Melbourne and his problems will be solved. (Except they're the ING girls now; are the ING ones any good? If they're not, Bruno's in a mess).

:lol:

I think he'll be totally straight as soon as Nick Fry gives him the smile.

*shivers*

Oh well, at least you'll have Nicky all to yourself ;)

I'm soooooooo in love with Bergher!!! :wub:

Bruno Senna's chances of landing a Toro Rosso race-seat have been dealt a blow with Gerhard Berger's admission that the Brazilian is no Sebastian Vettel.

Vettel joined Toro Rosso in the middle of last year's Championship, quickly proving himself to be a star of the future. And despite a rocky start to this year's campaign he has already bagged an impressive six Championship points for himself and his team.

Vettel, though, is on his way to Red Bull next season, which has led some to predict that Senna could be his replacement at Toro Rosso given the Brazilian's relationship with Berger, who was a good friend of his late uncle Ayrton's.

Berger, though, has yet again poured cold water on the reports.

"Bruno Senna is good enough for Formula One, but the same applies also to Roman Grosjean and Sebastien Buemi," he told FORMULE 1 RaceReport.

"But so far, none of those three have totally convinced me. You could say that I don't yet see a new Vettel."

Yeah I think that Bruno has the goods to be given a chance with STR next year. I would like to see Bourdais be given another year to prove his worth. Suggestions of having two rookies at STR in 09 wouldn't be wise in my opinion. They have to make the team appealing to potential buyers and having two rookies making rookie mistakes isn't appealing.

To touch on Bourdais, I too would like to see him given another year and one on slicks.

I'm soooooooo in love with Bergher!!! :wub:

Well he's changed his tune!

I'm waiting for the next Gilles Villeneuve, or Stefan Bellof. As for family name, I don't care.

Yeah the only problem is, due to the lack of overtaking possibilities and the way F1 is at the moment, you could have another Gilles Villeneuve and they might be totally anonymous.