Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Back To The 60's

white wall tyres on an F1 car ?

Brings back old memories when you could buy a white side wall that was fitted between the rim and the tyre. Looked great :-)

Also rumours are that Bridgestone are looking at using a reflective white paint for the night race in Singapore.

The things that are missing from the 60s are:

- slipstream (overtaking) superfast tracks like the old Monza (with the banking), old Silverstone, Reims, old Spa

- technical innovation

- tire war

What's not missing is cars witch were cars that were :

- underpowered (particularly the 1.5s),

- unsafe,

- unreliable,

- slow(er than the Group 6 and 7 sport-prototypes)

- that looked like squashed male reproductive organs (at least they weren't as "bad" as the 1950s italian GP cars ).

See what I mean:

Maserati_250F-TC0007-large.gif

The best car without a shadow of a doubt from the 1960's was indeed the legendary and great Jim Clark's Lotus 49.

I proudly sport a Jim Clark t-shirt as I type. Just some useless info really for you there.

Being able to f*ck without a condom and not worry about dying must have been good too.

Being able to f*ck without a condom and not worry about dying must have been good too.

Being able to f*ck at all must be good. At least, from what I heard.

Am I saying this out loud?

gotta laugh at you guys, but hey thats how it was in the good old 60's and hell we even drove after a few beers, no bloody breath testers on the roads, and well no bloody radar guns either :-)

Ahhhhh the good ole days , not having to wear a condom while driving drunk and speeding , dman dems was da good ole days !!!!!1

On a side note being born in 1956 my time during the 60's were fun but , the 70's OMFG what a great decade !!1

Driving after a few beers. Now there's a sensible thing.

Don't be so hard. You would have driven home too if you were too p!ssed to walk.

I did. Once. Scared myself sh!tless. Or was that because I was driving a FIAT 127?

Being able to f*ck at all must be good. At least, from what I heard.

Am I saying this out loud?

All of us married guys just did this :

:yes:

white wall tyres on an F1 car ?

Brings back old memories when you could buy a white side wall that was fitted between the rim and the tyre. Looked great :-)

You were watching Disney-Pixar

I did. Once. Scared myself sh!tless. Or was that because I was driving a FIAT 127?

I guess you couldn't drive a 127 unless you had a pint* to calm the nerves, make sense.

*of vodka.

"Maybe bridgestone could try some square tyres"[/

well they dont from the factory but some goof head drivers make em square at times :-)

The Cooper Climax cars were dominant in the early 60's with their rear engined layout before everyone copied it & the Lotus 25 was savage giving Graham Hill tonnes of victories & it was in the late 60's that Jackie Stewart began his WDC title chase!

The Coopers were dominant in 59 and 60, then Ferrari (with the Sharknose) in 61. It was Jim Clark that won a lot in the Lotus 25, Hill was at BRM.

The Coopers were dominant in 59 and 60, then Ferrari (with the Sharknose) in 61. It was Jim Clark that won a lot in the Lotus 25, Hill was at BRM.

Was that when BRM had the complex H16 engine? Jackie Stewart said in a book I read that it was awful, unreliable & overweight!