Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aussief1

Beijing Olympics 2008

With just over two days remaining before the start of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, I thought it was about time we had a thread created.

I wonder if the runners will be able to see the finish line through the smog.

I wonder if the runners will be able to see the finish line through the smog.

:lol: Just goes to show who ever has the most $$$ to throw at their Olympic bid gets the games. I'll go on the record now before the games start and say that the Beijing games will not be all that great, well not an improvement on previous games put it that way.

So is anyone here lucky enough to be going to the games, or even know anyone who is competing??

Spain Road Cycling Gold Medal. :flex:

Now the the Frenchs and Germans can keep saying Spain's success is because of we are the best at doping. :naughty:

:lol:

Let's hope Murray doesn't read it...or he'll hate us even more :P

Actually I read this myself a few days ago and decided that, coming from me it might be a bit too controversial. :lol: Rest assured, it did make me think fondly of all of you though! Personally I think it's hilarious. But in Britain (and no doubt America) there's no way this would ever be deemed acceptable. Maybe Spain has it right? Or maybe they are just ignorant of the way that Asian people have been treated? For example Asian-American citizens were locked up in 'camps' in the USA during WWII.

To be honest, I found the Spanish ad funny. Refreshing considering the stupid political correctness present.

By and large I find the Olympics to be a bore. Perhaps only the 100 m race is worth seeing. Seems Michael Phelps is well on his way to be a GOAT. China seems to be using underage gals to win the gymnastics. Aha, the most important thing. Do check out the hottest Olympics babes. I came across some snaps in the paper. Amanda Beard, Amy Acuff, s##t, can't remember any more names.

Spain Road Cycling Gold Medal. :flex:

Now the the Frenchs and Germans can keep saying Spain's success is because of we are the best at doping. :naughty:

The Spaniards are aren't they???

Good to see Sammy get the medal - massive effort by Cancellara at the end to bridge the gap then sprint for the bronze. Then back that up with the gold in the TT...and Sammy got 6th didn't he? Hmmm....must be on drugs coz he sucks at TT

To be honest, I found the Spanish ad funny. Refreshing considering the stupid political correctness present.

By and large I find the Olympics to be a bore. Perhaps only the 100 m race is worth seeing. Seems Michael Phelps is well on his way to be a GOAT. China seems to be using underage gals to win the gymnastics. Aha, the most important thing. Do check out the hottest Olympics babes. I came across some snaps in the paper. Amanda Beard, Amy Acuff, s##t, can't remember any more names.

So you only care for less than 10-secs???

I'd understand if you said "i find equestrian, ping pong, archery and the shooting to be a bore"...but the whole games shows a great level of ignorance on your part, or perhaps you've never competed at an elite level in sport before just to know how tough and how much commitment you need to make it to Olympic level in any of the sports????

One of the best quotes of the games so far has to come from Valerie Vili who won the gold in the womens shot put, when asked what her game plan had been, she replied "to smack the crap out of the first shot"....ah...so kiwi...

The Spaniards are aren't they???

Good to see Sammy get the medal - massive effort by Cancellara at the end to bridge the gap then sprint for the bronze. Then back that up with the gold in the TT...and Sammy got 6th didn't he? Hmmm....must be on drugs coz he sucks at TT

There are some bad guys in our team but I think Sammy is a good guy. He is from Asturias like Alonso, that has to mean something. :D Oh, Cancellara looked he had an engine up his a##! It could be called doping. :whistling:

I find the Olympics boring, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the talent, hard work and commitment etc.

I know what you mean. No fire, no smoke, no burning engines, no big accidents, no overtakings... Boring! :lol:

There are some bad guys in our team but I think Sammy is a good guy. He is from Asturias like Alonso, that has to mean something. :D Oh, Cancellara looked he had an engine up his a##! It could be called doping. :whistling:

I know what you mean. No fire, no smoke, no burning engines, no big accidents, no overtakings... Boring! :lol:

And no whining, bitching and moaning! :P

And no whining, bitching and moaning! :P

Yes, you can't blame your sport shoes or your raquet if you lose.

Or maybe you can...

:eusa_think:

I find the Olympics boring, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the talent, hard work and commitment etc.

Me too! I don't think it's ignorance, it's just a matter of taste!

So what if a guy spent his whole life working hard and accomplished to throw a javelin 20m further than me?

I know, let the flame wars begin! :lol:

So what if a guy spent his whole life working hard and accomplished to throw a javelin 20m further than me?

:lol: Yep.

As long as your a## is not just those 20 m further... :lol:

I must say, for Britain to be lying 3rd in the medals table is rather exciting. I expect we will finish 7th or 8th by the time they are over though!!!

How can people say the Olympics aren't exciting on an F1 forum?! :lol: I think they've been great.

What's that supposed to mean, are you suggesting that *shock, horror* F1 is boring? :D

I must say, for Britain to be lying 3rd in the medals table is rather exciting. I expect we will finish 7th or 8th by the time they are over though!!!

Yeah fear not nations of the world, our innate s##t-ness will solve that one.

Apart from the fire, smoke and burning engines, just wait till the BMX starts...accidents, crashes, jumps and overtakings...and fingers crossed a gold for NZ from our wee lass Sarah Walker.