Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prodigy

F1 Careers

Prodigy

Speaking as a person who knows a thing or two about F1 i would say that the best thing to do is try and get some work with either a GP2 team or alternatively try a Touring car team even if its just some un-paid work to see what happens behind the scenes. Then if you want to get into the engineering side you would be able to get some advice from them on where to go or who to speak to and what cad packages to look at (A lot of engineers are actually contractors). There are tons of jobs within an F1 team, not just being an engineer, as there is the choice of being factory based which does have its benefits but to be honest pays a fantastic salary but means you get to see your family occasionally. With Bernie adding so many new races and stretching the season build will be an on-going thing next year and we are looking at ours starting in about five weeks time!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

In the words of some Bond bird. "You're absolutely incorrigible." :lol:

That'll be "Caroline" in Goldeneye.

Sorry- my OCD's kicking in again.

I heard there is casting couch for F1 seats too! :P

:lol:

Hey, I tried karting some years ago and I wasn't bad at all...

tried to overtake a guy and crashed against the tyres.

Don't think Elgo is just another Ukrainian girl wanting to come to America for a job. :P I am sure she is not that desperate! :)

Are you? Elgo! :D

The American dream!I'd start as NASCAR car painter and then time would tell if I'd get as successful as S. Bourdais,S. Speed or G.W. Bush!!

not coming to Turin? :(

Yeah! :D Just wait 1 year and a half and you'll be mine.

It's a tough industry with a lot of sharp elbows.

Maybe aim a little under your standard and go with a more "junior" position. And be sure to check the teams' websites often or keep updated via F1 jobs that seems to scan all the teams websites etc.

Good luck!