Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Honda's Bad Years

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'. Everyone in racing cheats, whether they're racing a beat up Chevy they bought for $500 or a Formula 1 car.

Truer words where never spoken.

If I'm honest I can't stand Alonso. I've only just realised it, but his constant bitching and whining has finally got the better of me. I haven't read a positive post from the guy for ages. Do you know this guy has engineered moves away from his team dating back to December 06 when he went behind Flavio's back to sign for his 'dream team' Mclaren. Before he left Renault he accused the team of a lack of support and even accused Fisi of a lack of support. :o

He managed less than a year at Mclaren before he again accuses the team of exactly what he accused Renault of..a lack of support. He goes on to accuse the team of sabotaging his season and constantly bickers to the Spanish press and celebrates with the Ferrari drivers on the podium when his then team had not only lost the WCC, but also the WDC. In near 25 years watching F1 I have never seen anything like it.

Regardless, he gets his way again and engineers a move back to Renault. Initially he claimed to be happy like he initially was at Mclaren...surprise surprise the honeymoon is soon over and the big head accuses the Renault team of costing him a win when he was the one to spin the car when trying to overtake Nick in Canada. Worse, he continues to flirt with all and sundry showing a total lack of respect for Flavio and the Renault team..afterall, all they did was to give him an escape route from his 'hell' at Mclaren and pay him a huge retainer for his services.

Kimi has way more class..he's not flirting with any team, he just keeps his mouth shut and gets on with his job

Alonso cannot be trusted, he gets bored very quickly and his recent history has demonstrated that his attention span lasts a season before he attempts to bite the hand that is feeding him. He is also very public in praise for himself and also criticism of his team.

December 2006 - Bored of Renault signs for Mclaren

December 2007 - Bored of Mclaren looking for an escape route

December 2008 - Bored of Renault, Honda?

December 2009 - Bored of Renault/Honda - Ferrari

I can wager good money that where ever Alonso goes he will fcuk it up because his ego is bigger than any other driver in F1. He does not have the patience or motivational skills to build a team through the good times and the bad times.

Talented driver, yes..d#ckhead, oh yes!

;)

Post of the day. Mostly because you said 'Kimi has way more class'. Yeah Alonso hasn't been on the best of behaviour over the past couple of seasons, who cares? Mclaren got punished by losing the title and getting fined, Alonso got punished by having to do this year in a s##tty car. The universe evens out.

"No, there is no terrible way to win. There is only winning."

Jean-Pierre Sarti (Yves Montand) - Grand Prix

And for some modern-day, both by Dale Jr...

If you got out-cheated, then you didn't do your homework.
When it comes down to it, you line them up and you race and the guy that crosses the finish line first is the winner.

"No, there is no terrible way to win. There is only winning."

Jean-Pierre Sarti (Yves Montand) - Grand Prix

See? So we'll have no more of this Adelaide 94/Jerez 97/Monaco 06 nonsense, thank you.

If I'm honest I can't stand Alonso. I've only just realised it, but his constant bitching and whining has finally got the better of me. I haven't read a positive post from the guy for ages. Do you know this guy has engineered moves away from his team dating back to December 06 when he went behind Flavio's back to sign for his 'dream team' Mclaren. Before he left Renault he accused the team of a lack of support and even accused Fisi of a lack of support. :o

He managed less than a year at Mclaren before he again accuses the team of exactly what he accused Renault of..a lack of support. He goes on to accuse the team of sabotaging his season and constantly bickers to the Spanish press and celebrates with the Ferrari drivers on the podium when his then team had not only lost the WCC, but also the WDC. In near 25 years watching F1 I have never seen anything like it.

Regardless, he gets his way again and engineers a move back to Renault. Initially he claimed to be happy like he initially was at Mclaren...surprise surprise the honeymoon is soon over and the big head accuses the Renault team of costing him a win when he was the one to spin the car when trying to overtake Nick in Canada. Worse, he continues to flirt with all and sundry showing a total lack of respect for Flavio and the Renault team..afterall, all they did was to give him an escape route from his 'hell' at Mclaren and pay him a huge retainer for his services.

Kimi has way more class..he's not flirting with any team, he just keeps his mouth shut and gets on with his job

Alonso cannot be trusted, he gets bored very quickly and his recent history has demonstrated that his attention span lasts a season before he attempts to bite the hand that is feeding him. He is also very public in praise for himself and also criticism of his team.

December 2006 - Bored of Renault signs for Mclaren

December 2007 - Bored of Mclaren looking for an escape route

December 2008 - Bored of Renault, Honda?

December 2009 - Bored of Renault/Honda - Ferrari

I can wager good money that where ever Alonso goes he will fcuk it up because his ego is bigger than any other driver in F1. He does not have the patience or motivational skills to build a team through the good times and the bad times.

Talented driver, yes..d#ckhead, oh yes!

;)

OMG!

I like your posts, they are great when you print them out and clean your a## smoothly after a good s##t.

They are nearly as good as most of the British newspapers when they talk about Alonso.

You keep sucking Ron's c#ck, Hamilton's a## and Anthony's feet.

Get lost!

See? So we'll have no more of this Adelaide 94/Jerez 97/Monaco 06 nonsense, thank you.

Indeed. It's hilarious that until last year most of the forum used to deny that 'cheating' was an integral part of F1. And on topic, more or less, I think Alonso's main failing is that he lost the mind games he and Lewis were playing. Not that Lewis had to try very hard....

Indeed. It's hilarious that until last year most of the forum used to deny that 'cheating' was an integral part of F1. And on topic, more or less, I think Alonso's main failing is that he lost the mind games he and Lewis were playing. Not that Lewis had to try very hard....

Mind games?

You mean Hamilton crying and whining after Monaco GP and uncle Ron tolerating it. Or you mean Hungaroring when Hamilton decided to let Alonso pass as agreed and Ron just looking elsewhere. Both actions brought FIA investigations... Just because Hamilton wasn't happy he did all that, what was supposed Alonso to do.

He did what he had to do and In Brazil Hamilton lost the Championship, I don't think you can say Alonso lost the mind games against Hamilton. He lost against the team, but the team was Ron and he knew what he wanted for the future: Hamilton WDC driving for McLaren, nothing else matters for Ron and of course the team is loyal to the boss.

Let's wait.

Alonso is a good driver, but don't delude yourselves into thinking he is the second coming. The guy has talent, agreed, but he has the worst temperament of the current crop of drivers. He lives in a bubble where he is the best regardless of the efforts of thousands of employees that give blood and sweat to give him the tools of the trade. Unless I'm mistaken, when he has complimented his team this season? does he have the grace to congratulate his team mate on his podium? does he hold court in private? No! If he is unhappy in the best and 4th best teams on the grid what will he be like in the team currently ranked second to bottom.

He is the next JV; outspoken rude and selfish. Honda would do well to steer clear

B)

I like you and think that your posts are quite good usually not that I ever agree with any of them but of course Alonso is the second coming. He could be the third...

As for the comparison with JV - I can see where you're coming from - yet I disagree. **** it, I'll go out on a limb. Villeneuve benefitted very heavily from Damon's time at Williams coming abruptly to an end. He traded on his good fathers name for a while too, and don't try to tell me different. He was a lucky world champion whether anybody likes to hear it or not. But at the same time - if you asked JV a question, you'd get an honest answer. The same as Fernando.

I personally (as much as I like him) think that Lewis Hamilton is gobby little s##t (even more-so than Alonso) and would do well to keep it shtum and get on with it. Let his driving do the talking. Then, once he has a championship under his belt, he can gob off as much as he likes. :lol:

No, they wouldn't, but Ferrari would. Ferrari can win even with a lesser driver (Massa?), so Fernando's extra baggage really makes him pointless. Honda, however, can put up with it. What they have now isn't working; it's worth the risk.

I love how we all get on Fernando's case for hating to lose, but all praise Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher as gods. Sorry, but you play to win. Both of those guys hated losing more than anyone, and Schumacher even made sure his teammate wasn't allowed to beat him.

They're all annoying bitches. Deal with it. If you're committed to winning, you don't really care about how people perceive you. In the high-stress world of F1, you have to want it really bad. Attitude makes the difference between a good driver and a great driver. Again, see Massa. I like Massa because he has fun, but the fun he has is why he'll always be error-prone.

Massa isnt consistant enough to win championships.

If Ferrari want a "lesser" driver then they should be looking at consistant drivers like Heidfeld etc.

So are you saying Alonso doesnt have fun when he drives an f1 car?

Thats a very strange comment to make,

cos im pretty sure all the drivers in the field are all there for the same reason Massa is.

Massa isnt consistant enough to win championships.

If Ferrari want a "lesser" driver then they should be looking at consistant drivers like Heidfeld etc.

So are you saying Alonso doesnt have fun when he drives an f1 car?

Thats a very strange comment to make,

cos im pretty sure all the drivers in the field are all there for the same reason Massa is.

Maybe they will. I'm not telling Ferrari to keep Massa or sack Massa. I'm just saying they don't need Fernando to win a title. He isn't consistent because he doesn't come off as a win at all costs guy who applies pressure to himself to keep improving. He's too happy. It's refreshing to see, but he won't win a title.

Sure, he has fun, but he doesn't show it. The entire field is there to WIN RACES, not to have fun. I'm just saying, on the podium, Massa looks like he's having a lot of fun. Alonso's more serious. Senna was more serious. Schumacher was stoic. It really is in the attitude.

I don't speak Spanish so cannot read the articles, but I'm pretty sure none of them will feature a comment in which Alonso states 'the team are doing a fantastic job' - he always uses the word 'we' or me/I, never 'the team'. When he does refer to the 'team' it is generally in a derogatory sense like in Canada where he accused the 'team' of costing him a win.

I could go on, but I too have a life :P

I don't speak Spanish so cannot read the articles, but I'm pretty sure none of them will feature a comment in which Alonso states 'the team are doing a fantastic job' - he always uses the word 'we' or me/I, never 'the team'. When he does refer to the 'team' it is generally in a derogatory sense like in Canada where he accused the 'team' of costing him a win.

I could go on, but I too have a life :P

:lol: I must go now,but let's see if I have time at night to keep with my research :lol:

Maybe they will. I'm not telling Ferrari to keep Massa or sack Massa. I'm just saying they don't need Fernando to win a title. He isn't consistent because he doesn't come off as a win at all costs guy who applies pressure to himself to keep improving. He's too happy. It's refreshing to see, but he won't win a title.

Sure, he has fun, but he doesn't show it. The entire field is there to WIN RACES, not to have fun. I'm just saying, on the podium, Massa looks like he's having a lot of fun. Alonso's more serious. Senna was more serious. Schumacher was stoic. It really is in the attitude.

True. It's precisely the reason why Rossi is so great, because he just looks like he's having fun and still manages to be totally 'on it' all the time.

I won!I won!But what I do wonder is why I'm the 999,999th visitor again,if I already was a few days ago :eusa_think: Well,doesn't matter as long as I get another potato peeler.

I won!I won!But what I do wonder is why I'm the 999,999th visitor again,if I already was a few days ago :eusa_think: Well,doesn't matter as long as I get another potato peeler.

Congrats on 1000 posts, Paco. If only your job at Subway paid that many pesos. Ol

Congrats on 1000 posts, Paco. If only your job at Subway paid that many pesos. Ol

:lol: Yeah!!!And let's go bullfighting,too!!

Btw,few people can afford my kids' meal,especially Paco II's,Paco III's,Paco IV's and Andr

:lol: Yeah!!!And let's go bullfighting,too!!

Btw,few people can afford my kids' meal,especially Paco II's,Paco III's,Paco IV's and Andr

Hey! Ok, no more crossing the border carrying you on my back! And no, I won't pay another donkey for a night of sex until you shave your goatee.

:lol: I'm lolrolling. :lolroll:

I recommend it for cleaning the floor.

:lol: I'll only feed them if they take their annual bath! And you may not be able to afford it, but you get free health care for them anyway, and you wouldn't want your little 3-year-old to die from dandruff! Boy, you sure are lucky Paco, VIII. was in the womb when you crossed over. Wait, was that "Ocho" or was that cocaine in there? Who knows. KFC pays very well, I bet you can only dream of having as many pesos as I do. Some day you may be able to upgrade from your burro to public transportation! Wouldn't that be a treat? :P

(By the way, to our valued Mexican readers, I love you guys).

Andr