Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric 2

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Thought a few of you might be interested to know the Awesome Ambrose had a career weekend on the legendary road course in Watkins Glen. In the NASCAR Nationwide race (second tier division), the Tassie Devil won picked up his first career win in the STP Ford. Marcos backed it up the next day in the You Have No Service Cup with a third place finish after starting in the forty-third position. While Ambrose still has a lot to prove on ovals, the boy done good this weekend. He's a great personality. He'll be racing full-time in the premier Cup division in the Little Debbie snack cakes car (could be a Ford, could be a Chevy, no one knows). It'll be a really tough year for them in Cup, but I'm pulling for him. He'll get there. He's tenth in the Nationwide points, and if you remove the Cup drivers, he would be fifth. Solid job. Time will tell if he can cut it with the big boys, but he certainly had a hell of a weekend. It's great that he won at Watkins Glen. He got screwed out of a win last weekend in Montreal in the wet (first NASCAR race run in the rain; you can't race ovals in the rain due to safety concerns and tire wear) after a pit road speeding penalty put him third when the race was finally called (Jacques Villeneuve and Joey Logano crashed under caution, so they decided it was too wet). Ambrose dominated that race.

For anyone else who cares about our F1 rejects, Montoya finished fourth yesterday, his second top five of the year. Scott Speed won his fourth ARCA RE/MAX Series race of the season and now has a 140 point advantage over second.

Oh I get it, you get to rate a racing driver as a potential talent because he won in the rain, yet I'm not allowed to rate Senna for exactly the same reason? Pah.

Yep Ambrose is a great talent. (now you can never say I can't pick talent out again, well you could say it, but it would mean you couldn't either, I think)

Oh I get it, you get to rate a racing driver as a potential talent because he won in the rain, yet I'm not allowed to rate Senna for exactly the same reason? Pah.

Yep Ambrose is a great talent. (now you can never say I can't pick talent out again, well you could say it, but it would mean you couldn't either, I think)

He didn't win in the rain. He finished third. He won in the dry. And I specifically said "it'll be a really tough year for them in Cup." :P

:lol: I can't pick 'em? Clint Bowyer. Discovered by me: 2001. Discovered by a NASCAR team: 2004-ish. Now: 3rd in Cup points last year. Graham Rahal. Discovered by me: 2006. Discovered by American open wheel: 2007. Now: Won in his first career IRL start. Etc, etc. :P

He didn't win in the rain. He finished third. He won in the dry. And I specifically said "it'll be a really tough year for them in Cup." :P

:lol: I can't pick 'em? Clint Bowyer. Discovered by me: 2001. Discovered by a NASCAR team: 2004-ish. Now: 3rd in Cup points last year. Graham Rahal. Discovered by me: 2006. Discovered by American open wheel: 2007. Now: Won in his first career IRL start. Etc, etc. :P

:lol: Okay speak to me in five years when Senna and Asmer have both won F1 championships. Actually that probably won't happen, but speak to me anyway, just to catch up and stuff :lol:

:lol: Okay speak to me in five years when Senna and Asmer have both won F1 championships. Actually that probably won't happen, but speak to me anyway, just to catch up and stuff :lol:

:lol: Don't worry, I will. I'm eager to know about your tennis game. I'm sure the "ball activities" at Teddy Tennis really helped you out in both your job and your hobby.

:lol: Don't worry, I will. I'm eager to know about your tennis game. I'm sure the "ball activities" at Teddy Tennis really helped you out in both your job and your hobby.

:lol: Oh it sure did, especially the bit about proper stretching and lubrication. Erm anyway.

G'day Eric how you been? I watched that race last night (just got cable installed) and wow, I was impressed by Ambrose, and Montoya, they both did a heap of overtaking to finish third and fourth. They sure showed their road racing skills. And that crash eight laps from the finish was huge! I was thoroughly entertained. It's the first stock car race I've watched from start to finish. F1 races are a little boring in comparison to last nights NASCAR race due of course to the amount of overtaking, but the oval racing still sends me to sleep. Maybe once I get to know the teams and drivers I'll find it more interesting, or if Ambrose keeps up the good drives.

G'day Eric how you been? I watched that race last night (just got cable installed) and wow, I was impressed by Ambrose, and Montoya, they both did a heap of overtaking to finish third and fourth. They sure showed their road racing skills. And that crash eight laps from the finish was huge! I was thoroughly entertained. It's the first stock car race I've watched from start to finish. F1 races are a little boring in comparison to last nights NASCAR race due of course to the amount of overtaking, but the oval racing still sends me to sleep. Maybe once I get to know the teams and drivers I'll find it more interesting, or if Ambrose keeps up the good drives.

I've been great, Jezza. Yourself? Yeah, it was a pretty good race, glad you enjoyed it. Ambrose was really outstanding yesterday; he was actually the only reason I tuned in. I've watched two NASCAR races in a row; haven't done that in years (I was at Pocono last weekend). :lol: It was a nasty crash, glad McDowell (00, guy who caused it) won't be racing this weekend. He doesn't deserve to. It was a shame the wreck happened; it ripped us off in a way. Ambrose and Stewart could've battled Kyle Busch for the win, but because the tires were so cold after the 40 minute red flag they didn't risk it. Still, a pretty good race. Congrats to your boy, and don't tune in to Michigan this weekend. It'll be a snoozer ;)

I've been great, Jezza. Yourself? Yeah, it was a pretty good race, glad you enjoyed it. Ambrose was really outstanding yesterday; he was actually the only reason I tuned in. I've watched two NASCAR races in a row; haven't done that in years (I was at Pocono last weekend). :lol: It was a nasty crash, glad McDowell (00, guy who caused it) won't be racing this weekend. He doesn't deserve to. It was a shame the wreck happened; it ripped us off in a way. Ambrose and Stewart could've battled Kyle Busch for the win, but because the tires were so cold after the 40 minute red flag they didn't risk it. Still, a pretty good race. Congrats to your boy, and don't tune in to Michigan this weekend. It'll be a snoozer ;)

Will Michigan be an oval race? If Ambrose is there I'll tune in regardless ^_^ .

Yeah I'm good Eric, not much to report. You still racing? It's winter here in Sydney, so I've been hibernating (hence the purchase of cable tv) I'm looking forward to summer that's for sure.

Yeah Winter here in Sydney at the moment sucks big time aye.

Ive copped my second chest infection in 3 weeks. Still goin 2 work though, committed Apprentice...

Yeah congratulations to Marcos anyways, Australian drivers seriously do have the talent to suceed overseas, thats for sure but the money is just too Much for a young Australian driver who has no backing to go overseas. Australian coorporate companies do not back these young drivers to go overseas, like whats the point in throwing 30 million dollars into Eastern Creek when alot of talent will be racing around but they wont have the backing to go overseas and end up wasting their careers in the V8 Supercars.

The worst job @ a NASCAR race is commentating it cos you report a crash every 5 seconds! IRL is'nt as bad but when you do crash bad things happen! I'd just watch ALMS!

Will Michigan be an oval race? If Ambrose is there I'll tune in regardless ^_^ .

Yeah I'm good Eric, not much to report. You still racing? It's winter here in Sydney, so I've been hibernating (hence the purchase of cable tv) I'm looking forward to summer that's for sure.

Yeah, Michigan is an oval. It's the best oval in the world for an IndyCar race (CART back in the day), YouTube it. The NASCAR races there usually turn in to parades, though, and a road course parade tops an oval parade, even for me. Ambrose will be there in the 21 Little Debbie Ford for Wood Brothers Racing, same car as last weekend. It'll really be his first oval race in Sprint Cup; the Brickyard 400 doesn't really count just because of the tire debacle.

Nope, too busy to go racing, and racing fuel is $8/gallon, so I'm taking some time off. Not really sure what my plans are. Summer's winding down across the pond, but the weather's still nice. Pretty much the same though, not much to report.

The worst job @ a NASCAR race is commentating it cos you report a crash every 5 seconds! IRL is'nt as bad but when you do crash bad things happen! I'd just watch ALMS!

That's a really, really inaccurate view of the sport, mate. That would be a lot like me saying the worst job at an F1 race is commentating it because you never have anything to say :rolleyes: I like all racing. They all have ups and they all have downs, but I like 'em all.